Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Born This Way or Aquired Along the Way

Default Born This Way or Aquired Along the Way

There are many things that are accepted as things that you are born with. Does anyone think that this way of life, being little is something that you were born as or do you think it's something that even though it may be self-conscious we choose to participate in?

I myself believe I was born this way. There are so many examples that I can look back on and I realize that it was my little side showing when I didn't even know it existed. Even with using propel water bottles as my bottle wrapped tightly in a comforter watching spongebob or old Disney movies when I was a young teen.

well diapers didn't exist back when man was created, and neither did shoes, but there are shoe fetishes. So the particulars of the fetish can't logically be genetic. The emotional themes could be, but I doubt it. That doesn't mean we chose it or can change it. Comfort objects are also normal among people who aren't infantilists. Everyone has their version of a teddy bear. We just have a greater need than most.

I think it is acquired along the way... some odd aspect of psychology that causes our attachments and feelings early in life

I believe it was always there, I never wanted to grow up or go out of diapers. I was told it was bad due to my moms behaviour wanting me to grow up fast and shunning babyish things to an extreme

I wouldn't have much trouble believing that I was predisposed to kink by birth but i can see how I could be born with this particular thing. I can go along with the "born with it" insofar as considering that it seems to have come about as all the elements of "me" were forming in my early life. It's very deeply seated, but I expect there was a time when diapers didn't mean anything special to me.

I think with fetishes, kinks and personality It's mostly something that develops throughout development of a human being.

Sexuality and gender on the other hand, is something you're born with, It's just at a specific point of development that a genetic switch occurs. I'm sure there are genes involved in kinks, just like there are genes involved in addiction, which would explain why some people are vanilla, maybe it's a thing that occurs in biology that is a backup for reproduction, such as attraction to breasts, or pee. but that's just my speculation. (ie if a person is unattractive, they could have sex based on a fetish instead.)

So lets say like me, you'll have the genes for homosexuality, however the gene doesn't switch on up until a specific point in puberty.

I'm assuming you're talking about just being a little in this case (non-sexual) than yes I think us littles are born that way, or develop later on as a little mindset, and sometimes that gene never activates, same goes with eye color, you might have genes for blue eyes, but are born with brown.

With me I've always had a little mindset, just haven't acted on it until later on in life, and it became a coping mechanism.

That being said, it's no a choice or anything of the likes, biology and the human body is rather interesting, and full of surprises, and our brains are more aware of things that we know.

But just like sexuality, fetishes aren't a choice.

It's pretty hard to say because as far as I can remember ... I been into diapers, enjoyed pants wetting and bed wetting. I don't think I was born with such a thing though, but it must have developed at some point pretty early on as a toddler just coming out of diapers. It's weird but I am fairly certain I even remember enjoying my diaper when I was still wearing them. So I really don't know. It's an odd thing really.

Thanks everyone for your answers. Yes, I was just speaking of being little, in a completely non-sexual form. It is very upsetting to me when any sort of sexuality is introduced into my little time. That's the part I think that I was born with or maybe shybug is right and perhaps there is something that is supposed to shut off as you get older and for some of us it just doesn't switch off. Either way I'm happy that we are learning to accept ourselves for who we are.

I think there has been a lot of good responses posted so far. So forgive me if I am repeating what some else has said.

I am not sure if the pre-disposition is born or not, but in my particular case (having discussed this with my therapist) It was a chain of event that was the direct cause of the mental relationship aspect of the fetish, then it developed to the level it is at over time.

Bitter Grays site verifies a lot of this.

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    I think there has been a lot of good responses posted so far. So forgive me if I am repeating what some else has said.

I am not sure if the pre-disposition is born or not, but in my particular case (having discussed this with my therapist) It was a chain of event that was the direct cause of the mental relationship aspect of the fetish, then it developed to the level it is at over time.

Bitter Grays site verifies a lot of this.
    Do you think you can ... sort of go into more depth about this? It sounds kind of interesting. Well ... I mean as much as you are ok with getting into on here that is. Don't mean to pry or anything.