Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuri

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey there!

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been wanting to post this for a long time because I've never really seen a post on this. So I guess I'll start one.

First of all. I don't think anything compares to baby diapers. Huggies, Pampers, there's no comparison. They have so many features that adult diapers don't. They have leg cuffs, back waist, absorbent channels etc.

And I really have no desire to purchase ABDL diapers because they simply don't compare. They still don't have the "baby" feel, nor do they have any of those features. Just look at a comparison.

Notice the thin plastic and how you can SEE the padding here.

Now, look at THIS. Look at the quality of the fabric and all the intricate details.

This is what I want more than anything. ACTUAL adult sized baby diapers. Do these exist? If not, do you think they ever will? I would love to see someone replicate actual diapers like Huggies Snug & Dry, Pampers Cruisers etc. Though I suppose they could have legal issues.

Its so stressful not having these... Regular diapers & Abdl diapers just don't do anything for me. And they're far less comfortable than actual baby diapers. What do you guys think?

You've got two problems here. One, adults aren't babies. I know, I know, we can all play pretend, but really, a big body is different from a little body, and making a diaper that deals with that bigger body means different shape, different distribution of padding, and different rise and fit. Two, the things that show up in current baby diapers from the likes of Huggies and Pampers are patented, and adult baby diaper companies typically can't get access to the latest in diaper features (like different ways of building the padding or certain stretchy material that's only come into use in the last couple decades).

The ABU Space and Little Paws are probably the closest you can get at the moment. They're thick, have an all-over design with printed sides, and there isn't obvious see-through padding there. They're not not quite like baby diapers though, but they're close and very cute, imo. The bambino magnifico might wind up being even better, but it's not out yet and won't be for a couple months.

If your looking for a decent adult version of the baby dry diapers I would say either AB/superdry kids or Bambino and Cuddlez are the best I have found so far, and yes I agree adult diapers lack many of the features of baby diapers but they do a good job considring they are basically backwards designed from baby diapers and sized up, My guess is given the fact the market for adult diapers has quadrupled in the last 20-30 years whilst the market for baby ones I stagnating that sooner or later the big companies Tha currently base their product lines around babies and children are going to have to start moving over to producing their own brands of adult diapers.

My dream if I was to win the lottery would be to set up a diaper company that would produce diapers for people of all ages and I would keep the design the same for babies as adults and maybe produce replica's of the pampers diapers from the 1970-1990's on licence with the big companies like Pampers, Huggies,Luvs and more as a retro product range for those of us who want them and need something from our past.

Although I would keep some of the modern advances in them as well to make sure they were practical and I wouldn't charge my customers the earth for buying them my motto would be to keep the quality high whilst keeping the cost down and one other thing I would insist that they were kinder than other brands to the environment as they would be made to decompose within 5 years not 1,000 like the original versions once used and to be able to be incinerated without giving off too many nasty fumes if used in a power plant to produce electrical power from trash.

I would also set up safe places were those who choose to wear diapers could come to without being subjected to ridicule and persecution through stigma and were businesses could thrive without being subjected to being accused of perverted things as I believe in respect for everyone in life.

Yours sincerely

Chinababy888

Never seen quite what you are after but have you tried ABUs Cushies V2s? They are plastic backed (though they used to have a cloth like backed version) with great elastic, leak guards etc.

I did try Attento Back Leak and side guard that were cloth like backed with a bunch of modern baby like features but had basically no absorption which was extremely frustrating for such an incredibly comfy and well made Japanese diaper.

I take it one day with lots of younger ABDLs adult sized replicas of modern baby diapers will start to be produced but think it might be a bit too early yet.

Try the new pre-schools. They are as close as a modern baby diaper can be ;)

I hope so one day... when i sometimes wear baby nappies I am oft amazed by their quality, even on an adult!

Maybe! It would be very cool to see. The market for adult diapers is still growing. The company that makes Huggies is the same as the one that makes Depends, and they have definitely gone in a more hip, active, discreet direction than in a oversized baby diaper direction. I guess that's what most adults who need diapers want.

I think the soon to be released Bambino Magnifico will be as close as it gets.

No way I am paying $4 or more (w/shipping) for a diaper.

I read an article today that there are a group of scientists modifying the genetic structure in embryos with the goal to make six foot babies. Their reasoning is to make bigger and more powerful athletes for football teams and basketball. Of course, those giant babies are going to need much bigger diapers, so when this happens next year, companies that make baby diapers will have to make much bigger diapers for the six foot babies.

On an unrelated article, Hollywood has already started production on a new movie, "The Attack of the Six Foot Baby".

dogboy said:
I read an article today that there are a group of scientists modifying the genetic structure in embryos with the goal to make six foot babies.

Where are they expecting to find 6 ft uteruses? (and the giants to house them?)

bambinod said:
Where are they expecting to find 6 ft uteruses? (and the giants to house them?)

Oh damn! That's a good question....haha.

dogboy said:
I read an article today that there are a group of scientists modifying the genetic structure in embryos with the goal to make six foot babies. Their reasoning is to make bigger and more powerful athletes for football teams and basketball. Of course, those giant babies are going to need much bigger diapers, so when this happens next year, companies that make baby diapers will have to make much bigger diapers for the six foot babies.

On an unrelated article, Hollywood has already started production on a new movie, "The Attack of the Six Foot Baby".

Aren't you jumping the gun? April 1st isn't for a few months yet. Or maybe you're just a little late? :)

Yuri said:
First of all. I don't think anything compares to baby diapers. Huggies, Pampers, there's no comparison. They have so many features that adult diapers don't. They have leg cuffs, back waist, absorbent channels etc.

And I really have no desire to purchase ABDL diapers because they simply don't compare. They still don't have the "baby" feel, nor do they have any of those features. Just look at a comparison.

I completely share your opinion.

I first tried diapers about 3 years ago, I started with abdl diapers but have tried several abdl and non-abdl since, and I could never shake a small feeling of disappointment and frustration by realizing how different adult diapers are from baby diapers. Everything from the features to how it fits and looks.

It's also funny, because when I moved out to go to college, some 12 years ago, I thought to myself that this could be an opportunity to finally try real diapers, something I've been wanting since I was very young, like 3 or 4, however two things stopped me from doing it. One was embarrassment and the other was because what was available to my size wasn't diapers like the ones for babies, but something ugly and clinical meant for adults and old people. Like you, it just didn't appeal to me at all. That's why my first diapers were abdl, because they had a print, however like I said, it still felt not right.

I have found though, a few diapers (non-abdl) that in my opinion, more closely resembles modern baby diapers.

Ones that I have tried or typically wear as my preferred disposable diapers are:
- Attends Adjustable (not perfect and all white but are cloth-backed and have one small and stretchable tape and wings on each side, the most similar to baby diapers in both looks and feel in my opinion)
- Tena flex (better quality than the above, two color strips across the diaper that gives a less clinical look, but no stretchy sides and uses the less conventional belt system)
- Attends Slip Active (similar to the first ones but plastic-backed and with cloth non-stretchy wings)

I think the Tena Stretch and a new Molicare are similar to the ones I mentioned above, but I haven't had the chance to try them.

ArchieRoni said:
You've got two problems here. One, adults aren't babies. I know, I know, we can all play pretend, but really, a big body is different from a little body, and making a diaper that deals with that bigger body means different shape, different distribution of padding, and different rise and fit

I don't know, I have to disagree. Sure, proportionately, babies (newborns to around 2 years old I would say) are a bit different than adults, but we're not that much different. Essentially they are like smaller adults but with slightly bigger heads and smaller limbs and more stocky, that I don't think that is enough of a difference to make diapers so different.

I suspect the reason might be rather to differentiate both things and not associate an adult incontinence product with something babies have to wear. Which ironically for me, is exactly why I have the desire to wear diapers and especially diapers that more closely resemble baby diapers, because wearing them makes me feel more like a baby or a toddler.

Yuri said:
Hey there!

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been wanting to post this for a long time because I've never really seen a post on this. So I guess I'll start one.

Notice the thin plastic and how you can SEE the padding here.

Now, look at THIS. Look at the quality of the fabric and all the intricate details.

This is what I want more than anything. ACTUAL adult sized baby diapers. Do these exist? If not, do you think they ever will? I would love to see someone replicate actual diapers like Huggies Snug & Dry, Pampers Cruisers etc. Though I suppose they could have legal issues.

Its so stressful not having these... Regular diapers & Abdl diapers just don't do anything for me. And they're far less comfortable than actual baby diapers. What do you guys think?

OP, the closest thing on the market is the ABU preschool. I would say the only difference between them and baby diapers is the double tapes, but thats necessary to create a proper fit.

Wow the Bambino Magnifico is the polar opposite in hybrid diaper design to ABU Preschool if the shown prototype is anything to go by:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8YdPf1M-wg

ABU Preschool white cloth like backing with traditional plastic taping panel and sticky tapes.

Bambino Magnifico potentially all over print in plastic with a hook and loop Velcro style panel and tabs.

Zendot said:
I completely share your opinion.

I first tried diapers about 3 years ago, I started with abdl diapers but have tried several abdl and non-abdl since, and I could never shake a small feeling of disappointment and frustration by realizing how different adult diapers are from baby diapers. Everything from the features to how it fits and looks.

It's also funny, because when I moved out to go to college, some 12 years ago, I thought to myself that this could be an opportunity to finally try real diapers, something I've been wanting since I was very young, like 3 or 4, however two things stopped me from doing it. One was embarrassment and the other was because what was available to my size wasn't diapers like the ones for babies, but something ugly and clinical meant for adults and old people. Like you, it just didn't appeal to me at all. That's why my first diapers were abdl, because they had a print, however like I said, it still felt not right.

I have found though, a few diapers (non-abdl) that in my opinion, more closely resembles modern baby diapers.

Ones that I have tried or typically wear as my preferred disposable diapers are:
- Attends Adjustable (not perfect and all white but are cloth-backed and have one small and stretchable tape and wings on each side, the most similar to baby diapers in both looks and feel in my opinion)
- Tena flex (better quality than the above, two color strips across the diaper that gives a less clinical look, but no stretchy sides and uses the less conventional belt system)
- Attends Slip Active (similar to the first ones but plastic-backed and with cloth non-stretchy wings)

I think the Tena Stretch and a new Molicare are similar to the ones I mentioned above, but I haven't had the chance to try them.

I don't know, I have to disagree. Sure, proportionately, babies (newborns to around 2 years old I would say) are a bit different than adults, but we're not that much different. Essentially they are like smaller adults but with slightly bigger heads and smaller limbs and more stocky, that I don't think that is enough of a difference to make diapers so different.

I suspect the reason might be rather to differentiate both things and not associate an adult incontinence product with something babies have to wear. Which ironically for me, is exactly why I have the desire to wear diapers and especially diapers that more closely resemble baby diapers, because wearing them makes me feel more like a baby or a toddler.

Finally! Someone who understands! Its so frustrating. No offense to anybody else but it just seems like people don't understand what we're talking about.

I'll repeat what I said before and I'm sorry if anyone takes offense. The ABDL diapers on the market today look NOTHING at ALL like modern baby diapers. Vintage baby diapers? Maybe. People keep saying "preschool" or "magnifico". They don't look anything like baby diapers either. They're not even cloth backed.

I just want to see someone, ABU, Bambino, Tykables, or maybe someone new, create a new diaper with the aim to make it resemble today's baby diaper as closely as possible. I have a feeling that there are others like me who are younger because we want something more similar to what we grew up with. Nobody is doing that. They only seem to be serving those of the "vintage" era.

I think if they take a close look at Huggies and Pampers, invest in good quality cloth covering, try and make similar designs etc. they would be filthy rich. Well as rich as someone from this niche field can get :p lol

Sorry for the ramble!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I forgot to mention. The closest thing I've seen come to this, which still isn't enough at all (but I was super excited to see it) was Cushies cloth backed. And... they're discontinued apparently .__.

p.s. found this post. First time I've seen somebody else express this. https://m.reddit.com/r/ABDL/comments/4exhhk/why_do_we_not_have_a_modern_ab_diaper/

Hey Yuri, preschools are cloth like backed.... plastic taping panel since they are a hybrid rather than modern.

Did you ever google the ATTENTO Back Leak Side Guards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back