What are you prepared to pay for your diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never pay more than $2 per diaper. I remember seeing a good price comparison chart somewhere that included most major diapers. You definitely pay a premium for AB/DL diapers, which is why I stick mostly to high-end medical ones.

I payed $70.00 for each of my cloth and $50.00 for each of my Plastic pants which after 10 years of service and still going is a real savings . For dispees $2.00 per in case quantities a little more to just sample them , I do not believe that you can like or dislike a diaper with one, I get enough for an entire day ( if it's a really super absorbant with a good set of tapes , I don't change my normal 5 Xs when I cath, and they will then last longer because I just retape after cathing ) there are diapers I have not tried yet because they are pricey, too rich for my s**t !.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

For the absolute top-end premium, $2 is my firm cutoff point. I will buy by the case to reach that. That rules out Rearz and will likely rule out the new Magnifico.

For casual use, I'm very unhappy with everything. For $1.10 each, the ATNs only last for maybe two light uses. It's more expensive to wear them than premium products because you have to change so much. The Biancos when on sale for 20% off are a very decent buy, but Bambino doesn't do the sales often enough. At regular price, they're too close to the premium products that last nearly twice as long as them. The TotalDry Plus are the most affordable, especially when on sale, but are utter garbage that split down the back half the time, and only last for one light use.

I would really like to see a product of the quality of Biancos for sale year-round without the usual 20% AB/DL premium tacked on. $1.25 for that level of quality would be ideal for me.

I live in the UK so diapers can be expensive to buy I would say that a good quality diaper would set me back £30.00-£40.00, although this is as much as I can afford on benefits for my disabilities, I usually buy them from a mobility shop or I I'am desperate for them I might pre order them from boots chemists in the town where I work as a volunteer for a charity called Carlisle Eden Mind as I know they have next day delivery guaranteed.

Although when I am abroad I might pay $45.00-$130.00 HKD whilst in Hong Kong which works out roughly about the same as the UK when converted to Great British Pounds, in the Philippines diapers don't come cheap the most I have paid was 1,200 pasos or around £50.00 although that was on an emergency on that occasion as I needed a diaper pronto as they say.

The thing is unless you know which brand to buy you end up paying too much or too little in terms of over all quality and there are some companies that will ripp you off for a low quality product so one has to be careful as specially when buying them on-line so be forwarded as there are cheapskates everywhere so its always best to do your research first before going ahead with a purchase you might regret buying, just some lessons I learned the hard way.

Anyway these are just some of my thoughts on this matter.

Yours sincerely

Chinababy888

No more than $2 AUD/nappy.
No more than $30 AUD/pack

More than 1€/piece is a bit expensive. I might get a sample, but given that actual good IC products as well as Crinklz manage to stay below I'd rather not use them more regularly.
I think usually end up in the .80 to .90 range.

When I'm buying diapers (trying to get a specific brand), I search for multiple dealers selling the same product. Then I buy the best deal I could find (judging on overall price, the number of diapers, and the time of delivery). It also depends on personal preference.

$2 per disposable is pretty much my limit. Above that, and I find I can be very irritable when I'm changed frequently!

A per diaper cost is probably the worst way to look at it. You have to look at how much they cost you overall. Cheaper diapers need to be changed 2 or even 4 times more often, which can easily cost more tha a premium diaper.

I pay about $115 for a full box of confidry once every 3.5 weeks or so. That's maybe about $4 per day. Of course I'm also incontinent and wear 24/7.

brings a good point my insurance pays almost $500 per month for high quality cheap diapers ( Tranquility ATNS) I change more and wear more a month than slomo does for 6 months , some how to some bean counter somewhere this is a good deal , it's scary how little mathematical skill the supposed experts have.

BetterDry is the same diaper as Crinklz, yet over at comfycare.net, BD is $96 per case of 60, Crinklz is $149. big difference there. $2.48 vs $1.60 ea

Tetra said:
brings a good point my insurance pays almost $500 per month for high quality cheap diapers ( Tranquility ATNS)

Wow that seems like a lot! Is that normal for insurance to pay (anywhere near) that much for monthly diaper supply?

Yep that's three cases of diapers,one case of chux,and two boxes of gloves,I have seen the billing with my own eyes,however finding a place that will bill for tranquility is a full time job because so many places will not pay for ATNS or anything close ,most places won't waste there time trying too bill for them because they get denied,a paper towel is a serious upgrade compared to what some call diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back