Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leaving

Default Leaving

I don't know if it will be for good or not, but just wanted to let everyone know that I am leaving. I will miss you all.

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    I don't know if it will be for good or not, but just wanted to let everyone know that I am leaving. I will miss you all.
    brabbit,

What? No exit interview

You have to do what you believe is right for you (as we all do)...

You've certainly changed the shape of things here; not just anyone can do that... I just hope that you don't have unresolved issues with ADISC and, if you have unresolved personal issues - I wish you the best in sorting that out too...

You're an accomplished artist and, a stout writer; you've been a bit inconvenient to my energies, in thoughts and notions (thank you!)... even if I don't like it - it does me greater good than agreement and/or platitudes do... Though, not nearly as pleasing at first

Stop in when the notion strikes; let us know how you're doing...

Take care, be safe and be well...

My best to you! adieu!
    -Marka

Bless you. I do hope that it isn't to do with the political talk. It would be sad to lose such a contributor because of politics (which the site shouldn't really be about). Still I'm making swift assumptions. I hope you don't leave, but wish you love and luck if you do. Well I wish you love and luck anyway, but you get my drift Very best wishes. Marting and nenanena (my mummy).

I actually wasn't planning on signing back in, but figured at least to answer questions and respond to others on this thread would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    brabbit,

What? No exit interview

You have to do what you believe is right for you (as we all do)...

You've certainly changed the shape of things here; not just anyone can do that... I just hope that you don't have unresolved issues with ADISC and, if you have unresolved personal issues - I wish you the best in sorting that out too...
    I actually think it's mainly due to personal issues. I find myself often doing a lot of things I normally wouldn't and it's been causing me to lose friends. My depression seems to be getting worse day by day and I really don't have a clue what to do. Interacting with people has only made it worse. People are unable to deal with my sudden bouts of depression and emotional freak outs ... especially when I begin to take it out on them.

You're an accomplished artist.
    I am not accomplished at anything.

Stop in when the notion strikes; let us know how you're doing...

Take care, be safe and be well...

My best to you! adieu!
    -Marka
    Sure thing, and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Marting View Post
    Bless you. I do hope that it isn't to do with the political talk. It would be sad to lose such a contributor because of politics (which the site shouldn't really be about). Still I'm making swift assumptions. I hope you don't leave, but wish you love and luck if you do. Well I wish you love and luck anyway, but you get my drift Very best wishes. Marting and nenanena (my mummy).
    Oh no, it's got nothing to do with the political talk, I really don't mind it usually and rather enjoy it actually. It has more to do with me being a mess. I lost a good friend today because of my stupidity. I need a break from people I think ... maybe even permanently ... I don't know yet.

Anyway, thank you, and maybe will see you around again some day.

Oh no, it's got nothing to do with the political talk, I really don't mind it usually and rather enjoy it actually. It has more to do with me being a mess. I lost a good friend today because of my stupidity.
    That's not good. We like you, or I do anyway, even if you do seem a little random sometimes. At least you're predictably random, if that makes any sense.

I need a break from people I think ... maybe even permanently ... I don't know yet.
    A break from people I totally get. Insufficient 'alone time' is my major gripe with life. Permanent is not a good thing. Even curmudgeonly old Maxx needs to socialize once in a while. <exaggerration and hyperbole warning> It might take a few months after the Apocalypse for me to notice everyone else was gone, but I would notice.

I'm sorry to see you go. Take care, and best of luck.

~S

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    That's not good. We like you, or I do anyway, even if you do seem a little random sometimes. At least you're predictably random, if that makes any sense.
    Thanks, I suppose even if I don't understand you sometimes, I do like you too overall. You are certainly an interesting person.
    I do have to say though, I have never shown adisc my worst side and that is because I often try to avoid posting anything overly depressing on here and try to avoid talking about my life as much as possible. The issue is ... it builds up and often have some friends I try to confide in and to talk to or even just hang out with in a game can often make me feel better. But I do also believe having these friends in the first place is what causes me to get depressed more often to begin with, so it's a little weird.

Certain things are really important to me, and more often than not I don't think my friends realize how important it is to me, and thus it can cause issues. They may think they have not done anything wrong, but it can often cause a lot of depression for me. Then I often have a very hard time explaining exactly what it is that bothers me, in the words often just don't come out right.

A break from people I totally get. Insufficient 'alone time' is my major gripe with life. Permanent is not a good thing. Even curmudgeonly old Maxx needs to socialize once in a while. <exaggerration and hyperbole warning> It might take a few months after the Apocalypse for me to notice everyone else was gone, but I would notice.
    Ya, I do understand. However, when I make friends, I become overly attached to them and thus I sort of expect a lot from them. Like if they tell me they are going to do something, for instance play a game with me. I take it extremely seriously if they don't really play. I would rather them just tell me straight out ... they don't want to play rather than me waiting for the day they decide they are in the mood to play.

It's not even really about the game either ... it's more about just doing something together as friends. So when they tell me they are going to play, and they more often than not don't .. .then I feel like that is a direct signification of how much this person actually cares about me. Because even if they may not like the game, or even if they don't have much time on their hands ... it bothers me they are so unwilling to actually do things with me like that.

Maybe it stems from issues with my mother ... cause she often tells me she is too busy to even call. So it bothers me to know that everything else is so much more important to her than I am.

Anyway ... it brings me to the conclusion that I probably should avoid making friends because I expect too much of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphyre View Post
    I'm sorry to see you go. Take care, and best of luck.

~S
    Thank you.

.Anyway ... it brings me to the conclusion that I probably should avoid making friends because I expect too much of them.

Thank you.
    I just wanted to come on to the thread to say how much I'll miss you, but that I hope it's only temporary. It sounds to me that you need a support group now, more than ever. We can be that for you. I can be that for you. There's also communicating via PM. There are some good minds on this site, and we're all here for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I just wanted to come on to the thread to say how much I'll miss you, but that I hope it's only temporary. It sounds to me that you need a support group now, more than ever. We can be that for you. I can be that for you. There's also communicating via PM. There are some good minds on this site, and we're all here for you.
    Thank you dogboy, I sent you a PM.

I just want to add to what people have already said. You're a good voice to have around. You've got strong opinions and say interesting things, even if not everyone agrees with you. I hope the break is temporary and that we can provide support anytime you need it. Feel free to reach out to me by PM as well.