AllieKat101

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
So, my monthly issue is back

No, not THAT one. but the reason why I started wearing goodnites in the first place

It seems like every month or so, I get in a situation where I keep having to pee and can't stop and sometimes it burns. It seems like sometimes this is related to going number 2 also

I've seen three different doctors and I've never been diagnosed with IBS or anything like that. the words that keep floating around are "nondescript bladder issue"

It's never been a HUGE problem, but the most doctors have ever done have been to recommend staying on juice, they've given me cranberry supplements as well, and honestly, I need to try to be better about that

But anyway, here I am in class and basically struggling to get through it. I was worried about wearing training pants in college, but honestly, right now it sounds better coming to class in a goodnite than having an accident in class in just my jeans and panties

I'm still getting comfortable with wearing and wetting diapers in general

If your normal doctor is not recommending solutions that are agreeable to you, request a referral to a urologist. Getting it properly treated is important so it doesn't lead to more issues later.

I'm not a doctor but that sounds like a UTI at least, possibly more. If you're sexually active (i don't judge) it's also possible for it to be a STI/STD.

Also, as a male my issues are different, but I've worn diapers in public under clothing and nobody can notice, even the thicker ones like M4, Molicare Super Plus, Tranquility ATN, and a few of the ABU ones. You have the advantage that you can wear a skirt. A long one will cover basically anything. I wish I could; if it were socially accepted I totally would (kilts don't count).

Seconding the advice about seeing a urologist if one wasn't included in the doctors you've seen already (they'll likely know more than a general doctor about your issue).

As far as wearing protection goes, when I was in college a few years back I went through several periods of frequently wearing (and using) diapers 24/7; including days when I had classes. As far as I know nobody noticed, even when I wore thicker stuff like dry24/7s. Granted current clothing styles allowed me to wear loose jeans and a long untucked shirt, but I'm sure you can find something that works equally well. The thing to remember is that while a proper diaper or pullup might be slightly noticeable under clothing (though it's probably a lot less noticeable than you think), a wet spot is several orders of magnitude more noticeable.

Like MolicareMan said, I would be worried about having a UTI if there is pain while urinating. I had one a few months ago and the pain was so bad, I thought I was trying to pass a kidney stone. I went to the emergency room and they diagnosed a UTI by taking my temperature and a urine sample which they tested for the presence of bacteria. One IV antibiotic later and I felt a lot better. It still hurt for a couple of weeks, but I had a lot less pain until the pain gradually went away. I also was losing continence during the UTI.

MolicareMan said:
If your normal doctor is not recommending solutions that are agreeable to you, request a referral to a urologist. Getting it properly treated is important so it doesn't lead to more issues later.

I'm not a doctor but that sounds like a UTI at least, possibly more. If you're sexually active (i don't judge) it's also possible for it to be a STI/STD.

Also, as a male my issues are different, but I've worn diapers in public under clothing and nobody can notice, even the thicker ones like M4, Molicare Super Plus, Tranquility ATN, and a few of the ABU ones. You have the advantage that you can wear a skirt. A long one will cover basically anything. I wish I could; if it were socially accepted I totally would (kilts don't count).

Well, I'm pretty positive it's not an STI.......I'll just leave that there. You do the math.

Anyway, I have seen a urologist. The only thing that particular one found was a higher PH volume in my urine. They recommended that I cut out soda all together and stick to water and juice. And to be honest, I'm still struggling with that.

Note that anything acidic will irritate the bladder, that includes not only soda (which is acidic itself), but also caffeine (so it can be a double-whammy). In addition to this, citrus juices and cranberry juice, while good for preventing UTIs, is terrible for an already irritated bladder.

So, I just wanted to let you guys know, I gave it a shot going to class today in goodnites and things worked MUCH better.

I was able to relax and just let a few tinkles come out, so I wasn't suffering the entire time. There's a family restroom on the second floor of the building I have class in that isn't used very often, so I was able to change in there. I wasn't totally soaked, so there wasn't any fear of leaking and I was able to clean up with wipes and change.

This worked A LOT better for me

PlotTwist said:
Note that anything acidic will irritate the bladder, that includes not only soda (which is acidic itself), but also caffeine (so it can be a double-whammy). In addition to this, citrus juices and cranberry juice, while good for preventing UTIs, is terrible for an already irritated bladder.
So, the stomach runs about pH 3.5 to 1.5 (a change roughly two orders of magnitude in size from weak to strong). I did some quick looking, most beverages I'm seeing run about 4.0 down to about 3.0. I'd question how something that's more alkaline than stomach acid could decrease the pH of the rest of the body (and that's disregarding the highly effective buffer solution of the blood that keeps everything there between 7.35 and 7.45 so long as you keep breathing).

That's a good point, and a great reason to not blindly trust everything a doctor tells you, haha

Traemo said:
So, the stomach runs about pH 3.5 to 1.5 (a change roughly two orders of magnitude in size from weak to strong). I did some quick looking, most beverages I'm seeing run about 4.0 down to about 3.0. I'd question how something that's more alkaline than stomach acid could decrease the pH of the rest of the body (and that's disregarding the highly effective buffer solution of the blood that keeps everything there between 7.35 and 7.45 so long as you keep breathing).

Your guess is as good as mine. At some point, I might try and see another doctor. But right now it's just easier to deal with it through diapers.

AllieKat101 said:
So, my monthly issue is back

No, not THAT one. but the reason why I started wearing goodnites in the first place

It seems like every month or so, I get in a situation where I keep having to pee and can't stop and sometimes it burns. It seems like sometimes this is related to going number 2 also

I've seen three different doctors and I've never been diagnosed with IBS or anything like that. the words that keep floating around are "nondescript bladder issue"

It's never been a HUGE problem, but the most doctors have ever done have been to recommend staying on juice, they've given me cranberry supplements as well, and honestly, I need to try to be better about that

But anyway, here I am in class and basically struggling to get through it. I was worried about wearing training pants in college, but honestly, right now it sounds better coming to class in a goodnite than having an accident in class in just my jeans and panties

I'm still getting comfortable with wearing and wetting diapers in general

I normally don't have probs during the day - but towards the end of my second degree there were 'moments'.. I had a particualrly long set of lectures on one particular day - after much stress I decided to wear protection - I was (in part) gald that I did - but I was worried about the 'bulge factor' ...if anyone noticed they were too polite to tell me - I just started do stuff like that more and more - now I am fairly comfortable with protection during the day - more or less

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back