AB crib

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuteBabNexus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I want a big crib, I used to have a small one made of wood but I need an upgrade. Anything I could buy?

I suppose a day bed could work. I'll be making an adult size cot soon.

LittleMattyMoo said:
I suppose a day bed could work. I'll be making an adult size cot soon.

I guess a daybed will work :p

If you really want a babyish crib, look up the Babica PlayCrib. I build them.

Hard mfg makes a twin size hospital crib with drop sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that you can get almost anything custom made for you nowadays although it's not cheap, thats why if and when I ever win the lottery then one of my purchases will be a complete adult sized baby nursery with a similar version to the one I slept in as a child as it will be a close replica of the one I remember only a lot more modern.

But lets be practical that might not ever happen but I I did it would be nice, although I am going into care next year and will probably be wearing diapers again full-time although the idea of a crib would be a nice one although I can't afford one at this present time.

I would love to have my very own crib with a water soother on the side with the little dancing fishys, but what I truly want is a playpen. A wooden one, sturdy that has a nice thick foam pad on the bottom and walls high enough that I cannot possibly get out without unlocking a gate, with the lock on the outside. tons of toys for me to play with and a TV within eye shot. Ah, dreaming . . . . :giggles:

I started with a standard bed frame but instead of a head and foot board, I bought two head boards. There are some nice tall and rounded headboards that are perfect for the makings of a crib. I added the side rails later. Start searching online bedding stores.

My diy head started to think how it woul be making the crib from 2 baby size cribs. You could screw 2 sides together per 1 side so the lenght would be more comfortable for adult (or maybe one whole one and saw the other one to be little shorter as 2 sides would make the crib extra long :p) . If the baby crib would include drop down side, that would work also. The bottom would need more support but i think it would be doable. Probably not the prettiest bed but worth of money as u can get quite cheap new baby cribs from ikea etc. or even cheaper if second hand. Probably could make it also bit wider too somehow. Could also use 2 headboards like this

https://www.google.fi/search?client...1j0i22i30k1.96aKJOcn7aI#imgrc=V-NyrNWwXt2vIM:

I hope the link works, havent add link to the message before :)

There is also bit bigger baby cribs that are made to upgrade with the kid, usually those are around 140-160cm. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back