Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanting to be little

Default Wanting to be little

Hellow everyone!
    Lately I have felt more frequentlly that I desire to be in my little space and engage with ABDL activities, in decreasing levels. I feel the need and desire to stay in my little space alot more and I can't explain why. Has anyone gone through anything similar? Any other ideas about it?
    Thanks.

Well... this is just my pet theory, but I think that for some people, "littleness" is a coping mechanism that we developed at a young age as a way of reducing stress. I mean... "littlespace" is pretty calming, right...?

So, is it possible you're feeling a bit more stressed than usual, and really want an escape from reality for a bit -- like a psychological holiday...?

For me, being little is definitely a coping mechanism. It could be from feeling extra stress, like tiny said!

Sometimes I get spikes in my desire to be little after I acquire a new abdl item, like a onesie, diapers, toys, or jammies I just want to have fun with my new stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've felt like that too, especially being on my own at college.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Well... this is just my pet theory, but I think that for some people, "littleness" is a coping mechanism that we developed at a young age as a way of reducing stress. I mean... "littlespace" is pretty calming, right...?

So, is it possible you're feeling a bit more stressed than usual, and really want an escape from reality for a bit -- like a psychological holiday...?
    It is probably it, even though it's quite wierd that it happens now since I'm always (pretty sad to say, but true) under a high level of pressure and this thing is fairly new. I actually thought of the coping mechanism long ago, but somehow it didn't occur to me these days, thank you for raising it to my eyes. (:

I know for me. The more overwhelmed I get at work and don't see any near out the more the desire to be in my "little space". I always feel better if I can stay in that state for a while alone. It is definitely away for me to take a breather from life and recharge.

Sent from my SGP771 using Tapatalk

I enjoy being in my little space for many of the same reasons. It also feels good. I'm in a happier place and it makes me feel more at peace.

I've talked about it a while ago with my girlfriend. She says that it's not good to use the little space for "healing" from stress and stuff, since it may develope an addiction to it and hurt the mental health of mine/us. What do you think? I tend to agree with her generally, because I feel that is MAY develope addiction and it is not the place I want to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by matetan View Post
    I've talked about it a while ago with my girlfriend. She says that it's not good to use the little space for "healing" from stress and stuff, since it may develope an addiction to it and hurt the mental health of mine/us. What do you think? I tend to agree with her generally, because I feel that is MAY develope addiction and it is not the place I want to be in.
    I disagree, for the most part. As long as you treat it like any healthy coping mechanism, it won't become an addiction. Some people eat, go running, play video games, binge watch movies on Netflix, or any number of things to help cope with stress. None of these are unhealthy when done in moderation.

If using your coping mechanism becomes more than just a healthy outlet for stress (and a way to have fun!) and interferes with your normal life, you have a problem. Like if you can't go to work because you're too busy hanging around in a diaper and playing with blocks - yeah, that's not healthy. If you diaper up and play with toys after work, so what? Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep completely agree. It's a great way of coping. Think that's why I first got into it as a kid. Like all things if you feel it's excesive cut back. But enjoy the Safety! That's what I think. Love x