Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Choice of turds...I mean candidates!

  1. #1

    Default Choice of turds...I mean candidates!

    The American people seem to have the choice between a disease filled festering turd, and a frozen turd. The disease filled festering turd looks to infect, spread and pulsate with hatred. The frozen turd will be less putrid, stone cold, but still smell. The frozen turd would be my choice: but ultimately I would still be voting for a turd! What are your thoughts? (I'm British, so I don't need to chose ).

  2. #2

    Default

    As they say in southpark, all voting is between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Marting View Post
    The American people seem to have the choice between a disease filled festering turd, and a frozen turd. The disease filled festering turd looks to infect, spread and pulsate with hatred. The frozen turd will be less putrid, stone cold, but still smell. The frozen turd would be my choice: but ultimately I would still be voting for a turd! What are your thoughts? (I'm British, so I don't need to chose ).
    What I find embarrassing as a citizen of this country is that these turds are the ones that were chosen by primary voters. I often think of the electorate like the apes in the zoo, defecating in their hand and just looking at it, then flinging it at everyone around.

  4. #4

    Default

    Face it. We like turds, and I don't think any other country is the exception either. Everyone in the U. S. hates Congress, but we keep reelecting the incumbents, so we get what we deserve. The best people wouldn't think about running for office because it's so toxic. Seeing how people have acted at the political rallies, I'm not sure that as human beings, we're all that. We're not much better than the candidates who are running and in many cases, far worse.

  5. #5

    Default

    Good ol' America, entertainers of the world.

    Could be worse. We could have a pathologically boring pair of candidates up there. Imagine Dukakis versus Dole or some shit like that. I'd have yawned my jaw off during the first debate!

    Hey, I just had a great idea: The people who run Fantasy Football should set up Fantasy American Government, in which we'd all elect simulations of real politicians and real celebrities to serve in simulated governments. Then we could satisfy our aggressions by watching as the simulated Americas fall into chaos, get taken over by Russia or China, etc., and then we could go off to the real-life polls with clearer minds.

  6. #6

    Default A new spin, on talking shit...



    Quote Originally Posted by AnalogRTO View Post
    What I find embarrassing as a citizen of this country is that these turds are the ones that were chosen by primary voters. I often think of the electorate like the apes in the zoo, defecating in their hand and just looking at it, then flinging it at everyone around.
    "What I find embarrassing scary as hell as a citizen of this country" (resume the quote)
    ... otherwise, I believe that you naild-it!




    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Good ol' America, entertainers of the world.

    Could be worse. We could have a pathologically boring pair of candidates up there. Imagine Dukakis versus Dole or some shit like that. I'd have yawned my jaw off during the first debate!

    Hey, I just had a great idea: The people who run Fantasy Football should set up Fantasy American Government, in which we'd all elect simulations of real politicians and real celebrities to serve in simulated governments. Then we could satisfy our aggressions by watching as the simulated Americas fall into chaos, get taken over by Russia or China, etc., and then we could go off to the real-life polls with clearer minds.
    You might be on to something there...



    Quote Originally Posted by Marting View Post
    The American people seem to have the choice between a disease filled festering turd, and a frozen turd. The disease filled festering turd looks to infect, spread and pulsate with hatred. The frozen turd will be less putrid, stone cold, but still smell. The frozen turd would be my choice: but ultimately I would still be voting for a turd! What are your thoughts? (I'm British, so I don't need to chose ).
    That looks about right to me... I wouldn't get too smug though; how's that Brexit thing working out? Frankly folks, I don't think this is a nation's problem alone... I think that we have a global problem... there's something sadistically (or masochistically) satisfying to me, in that I'm old enough and in poor enough condition; I may not live to see the worst of it - I can hope...

    "God Save The Queen" or, to that effect...

    This is about as involved in the political front-lines as I can seem to get...

    -Marka
    p.s. I am the queen :P

  7. #7

    Default

    See the nice thing about the USA is we can make a choice.

    I have the voters pamphlet right here and there is 7 candidates listed in Washington.

    One can also write someone in if they choose, or not vote at all. Even out state congressional representative has stated that she is writing in Paul Ryan for president. I am still at a toss up as to whom I will vote and that includes writing in none of the above.

    No matter who wins I will still do what I did in 2000 and just dig in and hope all hell does not break lose.

    There again it could be worst. We could have Al Gore or Sarah Palin to chose from.

  8. #8

    Default

    Haha. You are correct on Brexit Marka. I live in Finland now, and cringe every time I look at the exchange rate, and realise my savings have dropped by another few thousand. I guess the problem with democracy is that to many people are not informed enough to vote!

  9. #9

    Default

    It is a sad situation as I contemplate my ninth time voting for president of my country. The decision comes down to who I feel will do the least amount of damage to our once great country and Hillary has lied and gotten our sons killed as well as wanting to give our country away to those unwilling to work for it & don't love it so NO! I pray the house and senate can control Donald's impulsive nature and that in four years The United States of America can nominate more worthy candidates.

  10. #10

    Default

    You know, we all say this, or variations of this. It's true that it would be an understatement to say that both candidates have serious flaws. But, I dunno, I've never thought that elections were about picking the person who perfectly reflects my views and is an ideal individual in every way that I would desire. I don't know where that view came from, that the candidate needs to be perfect or at least close to perfect, that they need to be charismatic and well-liked, intelligent, strong, and so on and so forth. I think elections are about who is willing and able to do the job, and the electorate is being asked to pick between the choices. Sometimes the choices don't appear all that great no matter what, other times, they're better. But it's not our job as a population to decide who's going to run. We hold a primary and each party picks a candidate (that may or may not have worked out correctly for the Democratic party, but it's done and too late to take it back). Then we pick between a slate of two realistic candidates due to party loyalties, with a vote for a third representing 50% of a vote for whichever party the third person is furthest away from (i.e. voting Green is usually 50% of a Republican vote and voting Libertarian is usually 50% of a Democrat vote).

    That's it, that's what we've got. It's not a perfect system, we're not Athens, this isn't an idealized representative democracy. But it's the job of the citizenry to make the choices that are offered to them and we have to pick whichever one we think best. As I'm sure most of you know if you've followed anything that I've posted, I think that person is Hilary Clinton due to her stance on social issues, prevention of violence, and experience in international affairs. I can understand, despite everything that's happened why some people support Donald Trump as a method to essentially vote out the existing power structures in Washington, although I am of the opinion that doing that is similar to knocking out the retaining walls of a house because you don't like the wallpaper.

Similar Threads

  1. presidential Candidates
    By d4l in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 05-Apr-2008, 23:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.