GreenieTheFilly

Greenie the Filly
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
ok, so I've started sleeping in diapers every night, and I decided to take it a step up from pull up style diapers to tape on style diapers. Here's my issue: I can never get the damn things to stay on. The tabs are Velcro style, and they stay affixed during the day, but night-time is damn near impossible.

I don't have that much money, so going out and getting a different diaper is out of the question. I really need these diapers to stay on. I can't afford plastic pants or anything like that.

Any suggestions?

Try wearing underwear over your diaper, or even one of your pull-ons. This is one of the downfalls of cloth backed diapers. Some are better than others, but quality goes up with price.

Yeah, I have noticed that that price/quality thing is true for many products. There was a time when I had a lot more money than I have now that I was using premium diapers from Bambino all the time. Those things were amazing. They could hold so many wettings. Now I'm back to store brand diapers and they can often only hold about 1 1/2 wettings before leaking.

As for wearing underwear over my diaper at night, I tried that last night and woke up with the Velcro affixed to the underwear and the diaper almost entirely off my crotch. The tabs even ripped and ruined a perfectly good diaper.

Small 1 inch squares of Velcro is not going to pass muster. Need really big strips of it covering larger areas !

duct tape the tapes,

Although money is tight switching to an all out plastic disposable might give you what your are looking for in the long run. You'll have to weigh whats more important, cost Vs. form/function. Especially if your going to practice wetting your going to want to go the little extra to make sure your protected.

duct tape??

rennecfox said:
duct tape the tapes,

This is about the only thing I can think of, if you're sleeping so violently that your diaper is being torn off.

Kaliborio said:
...if you're sleeping so violently that your diaper is being torn off.

It has nothing to do with "sleeping violently". It is a well known shortcoming of cloth backed diapers, and the cheaper they are the worse the problem is. If the OP is using store brand diapers, then he is at the bottom of the barrel. The more expensive cloth backed diapers have better tapes that are 1) Larger 2) A combination of velcro and adhesive tape. The smaller tapes on the cheaper brands are susceptible to coming undone. If only a small corner of a tape lifts, it can easily grab on to the nearest cloth material such as sheets and underwear which will then loosen the diaper or even remove that side completely. This coupled with a cloth backed diapers tendency to stretch and loosen makes for dangerous situations with the tapes.

Even plastic backed sticky tape diapers can be susceptible to this if the tapes are too small and the adhesive bond with the plastic shell is on the weaker side. While a bit more rare, I would have this issue with Depend six tape plastic backed diapers. The tapes would come undone from the diaper at night at times and would adhere to my leg. The only way to fix the issue with the tapes is to ensure that they remain in complete contact with the diapers surface. You can try wearing fairly snug underwear to keep them down, but if that isn't working Duct tape works absolute wonders.

Last week and the only time it ever happened on id slip over night i had a tape come undone. When i awoke i found the top tape it stuck to my skin leaving the top wide open.

Thanks for the tips. I'll look into taping the tapes on, that'll probably work for me. I'll also try the underwear over diaper idea, and report back tomorrow. I'm not to the wetting in bed point *quite* yet so I have some time to figure it out

I find that virtually all diaper tapes are unreliable. I prefer plastic-backed diapers, so duct tape works well. I only use them on the lower tapes, which does the trick.

Cloth disposables are no good for sleeping in , been there done that ! but plastic is ok as you can use tape on them

Okay, good morning everyone! The extra tape was a lifesaver last night. I tried the underwear over diaper thing but it was too hot and my underwear kept on tucking into the diaper, so I gave up on that. Thanks for the advice everyone!

The tabs are either getting "wiped off" by your tossing and turning oernight, or you're taping too tight. Covering them up with something - anything - should help that. Even wearing a really tall tshirt might do the trick. I'm surprised you got good results with duct tape, that doesn't stick to clothike so well, it reallyy tends to get rubbed off by tossing and turning.

Yeah, the diaper had shifted by the time I woke up though, I think it is a bit too tight, since I'm having trouble adjusting it at all. I know you're supposed to do up the bottom tapes first, but I think I pull to the top tapes a bit too tight. I've had it where I pull the tapes off entirely before.

This is why I don't wear cloth backed diapers. The Velcro tabs are usually garbage. You should have a snug fit, but not too tight. Cloth Backed diapers are terrible for night time for many reasons.

Buy fetware plastic pants for disposables.

Seconded, wear plastic pants that reduce the friction between you and the bed sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back