Status
Not open for further replies.

ColinInDiapers

Colin
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
So recently I have been wondering how well different disposable diapers fit me. Instead of asking people here for their opinions, I've decided to take matters into my own hands. The diapers that I have tried are store bought. The diapers include, Pampers Cruisers size 6 (couldn't find size 7 in stores :( ), Pampers Baby-Dry size 6, I thought it was a good idea to try Huggies Little Swimmers just for the hell of it (didn't fit), Luvs size 6, "new" pull-ups (new designs), And Pampers Underjams. The diapers that I would still like to try are goodnites trufit, and a few others. I'd eventually like to give cloth a try and the adult diapers that mostly everyone here uses. If some of you already know me you would know that Goodnites are my favorite diaper. However after I found out that I can squeeze comfortably into Pampers cruisers I have grown a liking to those now as well. Underjams and goodnites feel about the same I haven't used underjams yet so I don't know how well it will hold up. When I first started wearing I had no idea that I would be able to fit into baby diapers. I absolutely love the baby designs whenever I put on my pampers. If anyone has any more suggestions of diapers that I should try and would possibly like please let me know I'm always open to try new diapers... as long as I can either buy it in store discretely or discrete shipping since I live with my father who does not know that i'm a diaper lover.

cd158 said:
So recently I have been wondering how well different disposable diapers fit me. Instead of asking people here for their opinions, I've decided to take matters into my own hands. The diapers that I have tried are store bought. The diapers include, Pampers Cruisers size 6 (couldn't find size 7 in stores :( ), Pampers Baby-Dry size 6, I thought it was a good idea to try Huggies Little Swimmers just for the hell of it (didn't fit), Luvs size 6, "new" pull-ups (new designs), And Pampers Underjams. The diapers that I would still like to try are goodnites trufit, and a few others. I'd eventually like to give cloth a try and the adult diapers that mostly everyone here uses. If some of you already know me you would know that Goodnites are my favorite diaper. However after I found out that I can squeeze comfortably into Pampers cruisers I have grown a liking to those now as well. Underjams and goodnites feel about the same I haven't used underjams yet so I don't know how well it will hold up. When I first started wearing I had no idea that I would be able to fit into baby diapers. I absolutely love the baby designs whenever I put on my pampers. If anyone has any more suggestions of diapers that I should try and would possibly like please let me know I'm always open to try new diapers... as long as I can either buy it in store discretely or discrete shipping since I live with my father who does not know that i'm a diaper lover.

You've got the Pampers pretty well covered. If you're determined to get Cruisers 7 and want to avoid ordering online, visit a Target or a Babies 'R' Us. I noticed that, at least in my area, the former has just started carrying them. Ironically, it comes right after they were reduced in size (Cruisers 7 is now smaller than Baby Dry 6).

As for other things to try: Not much springs to mind, as far as disposable baby diapers go. Huggies aren't stretchy enough. And the training pants are all smaller than the diapers. Maybe start a new thread when you're ready to dip into cloth. :)

Cottontail said:
You've got the Pampers pretty well covered. If you're determined to get Cruisers 7 and want to avoid ordering online, visit a Target or a Babies 'R' Us. I noticed that, at least in my area, the former has just started carrying them. Ironically, it comes right after they were reduced in size (Cruisers 7 is now smaller than Baby Dry 6).

As for other things to try: Not much springs to mind, as far as disposable baby diapers go. Huggies aren't stretchy enough. And the training pants are all smaller than the diapers. Maybe start a new thread when you're ready to dip into cloth. :)

I had no idea that Baby dry 6 was larger than cruisers 7. I will try Target and Babies R Us to see if they have a small enough pack of Cruisers 7. This way in case i'm not satisfied with them I won't be stuck with a large amount of diapers that don't satisfy me. I like just about any diaper but only if it fits well and will hold up. I'm not big into using diapers very often but it happens. I just love the Baby scent on the pampers that isn't on huggies. You're right huggies just are NOT stretchy at all. I don't remember anything from when I was an actual baby but i think that I wore pampers. I'm not really into cloth diapers I like disposable since I can just use it and throw it away. Now for training pants I just got pull-ups and they seem like they've gotten smaller. I tried easy ups a few months ago before they changed it a little bit, they put a "360 stretchy waistband" on it that I would like to try. I've also noticed that without it the ones that I did try are a little stretchier than pull-ups. I also noticed that Pampers Underjams are just slightly stretchier than goodnites. They also seem to have a little more padding. Thanks for your help and stay diapered :)

cd158 said:
I had no idea that Baby dry 6 was larger than cruisers 7. I will try Target and Babies R Us to see if they have a small enough pack of Cruisers 7.

Fingers crossed! I haven't seen a bag of Cruisers 7 in perhaps three years. Every place that carries them seems to carry only the boxes. I bought a box from Babies 'R' Us a couple of months ago, which was when I noticed the size change. Before that, they were the same size as Baby Dry 6.

...but they're only about half an inch shorter. The new "Extra Absorb Channels" in Cruisers are somewhat amusing, too, although I can't say that I've noticed any difference with their performance--on an adult.

Cottontail said:
Fingers crossed! I haven't seen a bag of Cruisers 7 in perhaps three years. Every place that carries them seems to carry only the boxes. I bought a box from Babies 'R' Us a couple of months ago, which was when I noticed the size change. Before that, they were the same size as Baby Dry 6.

...but they're only about half an inch shorter. The new "Extra Absorb Channels" in Cruisers are somewhat amusing, too, although I can't say that I've noticed any difference with their performance--on an adult.

Yeah but a half an inch makes quite the difference if you're trying to fit into a diaper designed for a baby. I don't know what to think about the "Extra Absorb Channels" I like the fact that it holds more wetness but it feels kind of weird. I appreciate your support and the fact that I'm able to sit here and chat with someone about different diapers...lol...

cd158 said:
Yeah but a half an inch makes quite the difference if you're trying to fit into a diaper designed for a baby.
It certainly can, yeah. Whenever new designs come out, I like to get them and see what's changed. In terms of function, though, the changes seldom improve the experience for adults. I mostly stick with Baby Dry 6 when it comes to baby diapers, since it's as big or bigger than any other US baby diaper, and also because it's so available. You can get small bags of it anywhere. Luvs 6 is next in line. It would be a tie with Baby Dry 6 in my book except that the adhesion of the tapes to the elastic wings has consistently proved itself inferior. I pop tapes on Luvs 3x as often as on Baby Dry, at least.

cd158 said:
I don't know what to think about the "Extra Absorb Channels" I like the fact that it holds more wetness but it feels kind of weird.
Yeah, I'm not that into it, to be honest. My first thought when I wet one of the new Cruisers diapers was "maxi pad". It instantly reminded me of the "absorb channels" that Always maxi pads have had for decades--since I was a kid in late 80's and early 90's. I stumbled across a box of them and decided to try using them like diapers. (Many humorous disasters ensued.)

Another example of corporate shrink flation sadly.

Cottontail said:
It certainly can, yeah. Whenever new designs come out, I like to get them and see what's changed. In terms of function, though, the changes seldom improve the experience for adults. I mostly stick with Baby Dry 6 when it comes to baby diapers, since it's as big or bigger than any other US baby diaper, and also because it's so available. You can get small bags of it anywhere. Luvs 6 is next in line. It would be a tie with Baby Dry 6 in my book except that the adhesion of the tapes to the elastic wings has consistently proved itself inferior. I pop tapes on Luvs 3x as often as on Baby Dry, at least.

Yeah, I'm not that into it, to be honest. My first thought when I wet one of the new Cruisers diapers was "maxi pad". It instantly reminded me of the "absorb channels" that Always maxi pads have had for decades--since I was a kid in late 80's and early 90's. I stumbled across a box of them and decided to try using them like diapers. (Many humorous disasters ensued.)

See now I like baby dry but i favor goodnites because they do hold up well with wettings and enough room to hold a mess. I never messed baby dry only wet but I was satisfied with it. As for luvs the tabs do pop a lot whenever I move. Cruisers not so much and baby dry not at all. Like I said i just recently bought underjams which I have on right now and it has a little more padding than a goodnite and its basically just a large easy up for bedwetters.

cd158 said:
See now I like baby dry but i favor goodnites because they do hold up well with wettings and enough room to hold a mess. I never messed baby dry only wet but I was satisfied with it. As for luvs the tabs do pop a lot whenever I move. Cruisers not so much and baby dry not at all. Like I said i just recently bought underjams which I have on right now and it has a little more padding than a goodnite and its basically just a large easy up for bedwetters.

Messing GoodNites? You're brave. They're not even sized to hold a child's mess. If you can wear the Baby Dry 6 comfortably, I'd say you're liable to have fewer messy accidents with those. The crotch in a Baby Dry 6 is 25% wider than in a GoodNites L/XL, and 35% wider than Pull-Ups and Easy-Ups in the 4T-5T sizes. Oddly, the same characteristic narrowness of training pants can be found in Huggles Little Movers Diaper Pants, formerly Slip-Ons, which you'd think would have the crotch width (= poop capacity) of a baby diaper since they're meant for babies. Instead, they seem to be no more than Pull-Ups with baby designs. :shrug: Don't get it!

UnderJams are interesting. I like the thicker padding, but the designs haven't changed much in a long time, and I'm really not a fan of the weird animals on the girls' kind. The length is almost identical to Baby Dry 6, but like GoodNites, the crotch is narrower than just about every baby diaper out there, so I find that they leak terribly. GoodNites are no better on me, functionally, but they're most of two inches longer, which makes them more comfortable IMO.

Cottontail said:
Messing GoodNites? You're brave. They're not even sized to hold a child's mess. If you can wear the Baby Dry 6 comfortably, I'd say you're liable to have fewer messy accidents with those. The crotch in a Baby Dry 6 is 25% wider than in a GoodNites L/XL, and 35% wider than Pull-Ups and Easy-Ups in the 4T-5T sizes. Oddly, the same characteristic narrowness of training pants can be found in Huggles Little Movers Diaper Pants, formerly Slip-Ons, which you'd think would have the crotch width (= poop capacity) of a baby diaper since they're meant for babies. Instead, they seem to be no more than Pull-Ups with baby designs. :shrug: Don't get it!

UnderJams are interesting. I like the thicker padding, but the designs haven't changed much in a long time, and I'm really not a fan of the weird animals on the girls' kind. The length is almost identical to Baby Dry 6, but like GoodNites, the crotch is narrower than just about every baby diaper out there, so I find that they leak terribly. GoodNites are no better on me, functionally, but they're most of two inches longer, which makes them more comfortable IMO.

I just wet a baby dry and it held up very well however about 20-30 minutes later the tab popped and i couldn't reattach it. I also wet the underjams to see how well they would hold up and from what Ive noticed is that they hold about 2 wettings from about a full bladder. The diaper was still heavy but felt amazing with all the wetness.

As for goodnites I mess them a lot and they hold up very well for me. I messed a goodnite last week and it held up. Whenever I was ready for a diaper change though I changed into a cruisers 6. I also think I'm having to use baby powder a lot more now because I think I'm getting a diaper rash or just some other rash on my rear diaper area.

I love goodnites and Luvs size 6. Underjams definitely have better absorbency than goodnites but I find that the sides rip and tear too easily. Did you try the new easy ups yet? I'm also curious about them...

I don't know much but always doubt if they will hold. If they hold, you are set!

Soggygoodnites said:
I love goodnites and Luvs size 6. Underjams definitely have better absorbency than goodnites but I find that the sides rip and tear too easily. Did you try the new easy ups yet? I'm also curious about them...
I have not yet but when I do I will be sure to let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back