Not open for further replies.

WildBlueCrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
I'm still trying to figure out how best to handle... Yesterday I flew out to Indio and back with no issues, but an hour later I was out walking the dogs and got hit hard with an "urge" (?) bowel movement. Kept most of it in but still had to change my boxers.

This isn't a constant thing. I might go 3-4 weeks without an occurrence, or I might have three similar incidents (with or without diarrhea) in a week. There doesn't seem to be any predictable pattern.

I don't want to diaper up every day only to have the expense prove unnecessary most of the time... But when I'm caught out and about, it can be a huge problem. (What would I have done at 5500'?)

boy thats a tough one...plastic pants?

its the only thing i can think of that will save on the money, and still be somewhat effective, if you carry change of clothes with you.

If you are at 5500' cut a hole in your seal and the bottom of the plane place a 6 inch PVC pipe between the seathole and the outside of the plane and bombs away LOL jokingly of course . maybe a idea though when finished put a PVC cap on the pipe... outside of the plane you will need a diaper .

xpluswearer said:
cut a hole

Pretty sure I'd need at least a 337 for that, and I doubt I'd find an IA to write me one!

outside of the plane you will need a diaper

:( That's what I'm trying to avoid. Especially since the need is so sporadic and (usually) infrequent...

Do disposable underwear products withstand multi-day wearing, if they're not used? (Is that gross?) Are there any disposable underwear products that are good for BIC and not too expensive?

Not sure about reusable products, I have a private bathroom at the office and home would of course be no problem, most small airports are kinda dead, too... But in other situations...

Yeah I know try to get a FAA approval would be all but rejected.
Disposable underwear are really not worth the crepe paper they are made of honestly. they may at most last a day if you are lucky and do not wear then a second day as there are germs that can cause infections especially skin infections or even a UTI so you do not want that . Sadly the expense is warranted to assure yourself the dignity of a fecal disaster that you will regret at least with a diaper its contained and you can change at your earliest chance I would not recommend more than 2 bowel accidents in a single diaper.

There is a factory "pilot relief tube" in the Cessna 340 I fly occasionally, but it's (a) at the back of the cabin, and (b) not meant for anything solid...

You would not catch me in anything smaller than a BeechCraft B-1900 D or Fairchild metro those Cessna's scare the crap out of me ! How would you do that ? My Cessna knowledge is sketchy you switch on auto pilot crawl to the back and go ?

WildBlueCrinkle said:
Do disposable underwear products withstand multi-day wearing, if they're not used? (Is that gross?) Are there any disposable underwear products that are good for BIC and not too expensive?

Not sure about reusable products,...

I'm making a presumption here, since I have IBS, too, but, if it's diarrhea, IMMODIUM daily. I use it twice a day, because being in a truck all day is sorta like being at 5500'... You're always low on options, unless you manage the urges.

For me, YES, pullup can just be worn like underwear, a couple days at a time, as long as unused. Will they absorb a full on diarrhea? Hell, no! BUT, they'll gobble up a few sharts, which are mostly water anyway. Protective plastic pants? Hell, yes! ANYTHING you can do to limit the damage will make life easier. IMMODIUM -> did I mention that? IMMODIUM, a nice pullup (not the crappy ones, an Abena, a Reassure Overnights, etc.), and, of course, protective pants!

Good luck! Last time my choices saved me from messing myself? About 6 days ago, when my pills weren't taken, including my IMMODIUM.... Did I mention IMMODIUM already??? ;-)

ALSO, double up on the pullup, and, if messed, hit a bathroom, rip the sides, and pull up the spare pullup. It's better than dealing with a brown-stained pair of pants, which is just not explainable by any other means... "Yeah, darn, sat right in a big pile of dog poo!"

- - - Updated - - -

xpluswearer said:
Disposable underwear are really not worth the crepe paper they are made of honestly. they may at most last a day if you are lucky and do not wear then a second day as there are germs that can cause infections especially skin infections or even a UTI so you do not want that . Sadly the expense is warranted to assure yourself the dignity of a fecal disaster that you will regret at least with a diaper its contained and you can change at your earliest chance I would not recommend more than 2 bowel accidents in a single diaper.

I'm living proof that most of that is false. A GOOD pullup. No different than wearing undies twice, as compared to a pullup. Never had an infection from pullup. Had one from caths. Stay away from them!

There's a product called an anal plug, which to put it rather crassly is basically a rectal tampon. Except it doesnt absorb it just blocks the hole. I tried it last time i had a bad flare of my crohns, worked well but i found it rather uncomfortable. But as has been mentioned previously loperamide (immodium) is definitely your best friend in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back