Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: I don't understand this logic people have about people who don't like drama.

  1. #1

    Default I don't understand this logic people have about people who don't like drama.

    Often times I have seen on the internet in comments about when people say they don't like drama or don't do it, they are the ones who are full of drama and do it. Where does this logic come from?

    I would think it means they avoid it at all cost and stay away from it so if someone has drama in their life, they avoid that person so they might not date someone who is going through a drama with their ex such as a custody battle. Even I don't like drama so I try and avoid it and stay away from it and if I get into it, I just stop replying and say I am done with them and leave because it's too stressful and then it takes up my time and I spend all my time even thinking about it so I avoid it these days. How does this mean I start them and do them? In fact it's always other people who start them with me so I try to just avoid it by not responding and not keep it going. I have rules for myself so I can avoid it.

    Does anyone think this way too about people who say they don't do drama, if so, why do you think this?

  2. #2

    Default

    If I want Drama, I will go to Broadway*.

    *Broadway, Theatre capitol, Location: USA, New York state, New York City, in the boro of Manhattan, location : "Midtown". LOL.
    That was, I say that was a joke son, a funny. -Foghorn Leghorn HA!

    Sorry, I just had to.

  3. #3

    Default

    I actually joined another blog, Pianoworld.com and did my typical dogboy thing, trying to calm down two members who were deep into drama concerning the differences in piano action. Considering some of the crazy drama things we've discussed on this site, I was dumbfounded and amused at how these two were going at each other over something as mechanical and seemingly non dramatic as which piano had a better action.

    Some people just get compassionate with their beliefs, biases and prejudices. I used humor to take the heat out of their argument and I think they actually appreciated it because they responded with humor. Sometimes, we need to take ourselves less seriously and learn to laugh at ourselves.

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I used humor to take the heat out of their argument and I think they actually appreciated it because they responded with humor. Sometimes, we need to take ourselves less seriously and learn to laugh at ourselves.
    "Fuck you guys!! Everybody knows harpsichords are better than pianos anyway! Mozart says so too!!! #ragequit #ouijaboard"

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I actually joined another blog, Pianoworld.com and did my typical dogboy thing, trying to calm down two members who were deep into drama concerning the differences in piano action. Considering some of the crazy drama things we've discussed on this site, I was dumbfounded and amused at how these two were going at each other over something as mechanical and seemingly non dramatic as which piano had a better action.

    Some people just get compassionate with their beliefs, biases and prejudices. I used humor to take the heat out of their argument and I think they actually appreciated it because they responded with humor. Sometimes, we need to take ourselves less seriously and learn to laugh at ourselves.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    "Fuck you guys!! Everybody knows harpsichords are better than pianos anyway! Mozart says so too!!! #ragequit #ouijaboard"
    Veering off-topic a bit, but if country music existed in Mozart's time ...

  7. #7

    Default

    Guys this was a serious question and I want to understand why people think people who don't like drama are drama queens and always start it. Where does it come from?

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Guys this was a serious question and I want to understand why people think people who don't like drama are drama queens and always start it. Where does it come from?
    The xkcd comic was a serious, if somewhat short answer. Read it, and read the mouseover text and think about it for a minute. What is drama? And I don't meant the dictionary definition, I mean what that term means when it comes to fights on the Internet. It's people getting angry, feeling hurt, being challenged or attacked. Those things happen sometimes though, even among good people. I've yet to meet a married couple that doesn't have some drama in their lives. People who say that they don't like drama are saying that they don't like it when people get upset, and that usually means either 1) they try to ignore it or 2) they get upset themselves. Those are, unfortunately, the two worst responses to somebody else getting upset because they escalate the situation rather than resolve it. It's usually better to deal with drama by trying to defuse the situation. There are lots of ways to do that: calm in the face of anger works sometimes, humor is often great, getting a third party to come in and mediate can help a lot, or sometimes just being the bigger person and being willing to admit to mistakes.

    So, TLDR, a person saying they don't like drama is strongly correlated with that person having poor skills for dealing with drama when it occurs and therefore making it worse.

  9. #9

    Default

    I'm one of the rare people who hates drama and for the most part, actually avoids getting involved in it. I imagine that people who hate drama, yet keep causing drama, are people who are addicted to outrage in some way. They tend to live in a bubble, and when they say they hate drama, they hate arguing because they want everyone to agree with them because they're always right. When they exit their safe space and encounter other people, they start arguing with other people who also live in a bubble, and once two people outside their safe spaces and addicted to outrage collide, drama ensues. This should explain where a lot of outrage and drama comes from.


  10. #10

    Default

    The above responses make so much sense and explain where the logic comes from about people who say they hate drama.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 24-Apr-2013, 12:05
  2. Does anyone understand this logic?
    By Calico in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-Dec-2012, 20:19
  3. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 19-Sep-2011, 06:45
  4. Infantilism a logic to understand diapers?
    By Kif in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-Aug-2009, 00:53
  5. Why're people so mean to groups they don't understand?
    By Daisuke in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-Jun-2009, 00:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.