Funny ordering stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Well hello there! I'm new here but I figured I'd share my story. It all started yesterday when I was waiting nervously for my two Rearz safari diapers to come. The truck left from a suburb 7 hours ago and it was already past when the mail comes so I was worried. Luckily my mother and grandmother were sleeping in their rooms away from the downstairs. I then hear a loud rumble of a truck and run to the door to check what's going on. Yes you guessed it the truck was here and had my briefs! Right as he left I darted to the mailbox and grabbed the small package. I sprinted up the stairs and locked myself in the bathroom and ripped the package opened. I was so excited that I didn't even realize I ordered the wrong size😭 Well I do have some more ABU diapers coming soon in the RIGHT size this time. Well thank you for reading and feel free to message me. -R

Oh damn. Yeah, I hate it when that happens. I don't have any good ordering stories. Not that spring to mind, anyway. The last wrong-size order I made was a few years ago, when Baby Pants had just updated their cloth training pants to include cute prints. I could no longer resist, and rushed to order. The training pants arrived, I put them on, and Oh! They were soooo nice.

And then I washed them.

:frown:

I'd missed the footnote about the shrinkage. They were now a size too small!

But I'm nothing if not a curious diaper-wearer, so with nothing to lose, I grabbed a pair of scissors and cut them up to see how the padding was made. :)

DLrvg said:
...my briefs!

Gaahh!!! Didn't you see the forum rule against diaper euphemisms?!

(Only joking. :))

Haha! I'll try harder next time:sweatdrop:

I had one order where they sent half a case of the wrong size and then sent half a case of the right size/wrong product on second attempt. No worries though since the second mistake was in my favor. Another time the order was mistakenly delivered to an engineering firm a mile away that manufactures catheters. I thought that one was kind of funny :p except the part of having to call customer service about a missing order of diapers.

Hey, I once did a dumb thing. I ordered from a marked box seller. Mistakes were made.

Older members here know mine, and it wasn't funny to either myself or my wife.

I wanted to try out Fetware, so I ordered a couple of plastic pants with the carousel, cute baby animal prints in both blue and pink. I didn't pay attention to the order address assuming it would be the same as the billing address. Apparently the program picked up an Amazon mailing address on my computer, something my wife had Amazon mail to our adult daughter and son in law.

A few days later my wife got a phone call from our daughter asking about the strange order that came to her house: adult sized plastic panties!!! My wife confronted me with this bit of news and I came up with a lame story about how they must have made a mistake and mailed them to a wrong address.

We were going to visit them the next weekend so we said for her to just keep the order and we would return it to sender and take it off our credit card...yaddah yaddah yaddah. I never ordered from Fetware again.

dogboy said:

I wanted to try out Fetware, so I ordered a couple of plastic pants with the carousel, cute baby animal prints in both blue and pink. I didn't pay attention to the order address assuming it would be the same as the billing address. Apparently the program picked up an Amazon mailing address on my computer, something my wife had Amazon mail to our adult daughter and son in law.

A few days later my wife got a phone call from our daughter asking about the strange order that came to her house: adult sized plastic panties!!! My wife confronted me with this bit of news and I came up with a lame story about how they must have made a mistake and mailed them to a wrong address.

We were going to visit them the next weekend so we said for her to just keep the order and we would return it to sender and take it off our credit card...yaddah yaddah yaddah. I never ordered from Fetware again.
Lesson: Fetware sucks. Never tried it and I don't want to now.

It wasn't funny, but FedEx once delivered my case of Dry 24/7's to a neighbor. I had FedEx run a trace, which quantified the mistake. This neighbor's back door was literally 5 steps from my front door, so it would have been trivial to post a note saying, "hey, I have your package"...or just place the box at my doorstep. His work schedule was quite different from mine and once several days had passed, I assumed he wasn't planning to be cooperative. Yadda yadda yadda, the cops were most helpful and I should have pressed charges.

- - - Updated - - -

dogboy said:
I didn't pay attention to the order address assuming it would be the same as the billing address. Apparently the program picked up an Amazon mailing address on my computer, something my wife had Amazon mail to our adult daughter and son in law.

Lol, I once had this happen when ordering from Rakuten.com. The package shipped to my work address from 15 years earlier. So much time had passed that the building had been knocked down and rebuilt! I finally tracked it down at the regional post office where the workers were all really curious about their "mystery package".

dogboy said:
I think I remember seeing that thread when it was posted. Of all the ways to mess up an order, that's got to be one of the worst.

I tend not to order online with delivery to my home address too frequently due to living with my family, but I remember an order from northshore showing up with the box pretty beat up and only about an inch of tape left holding it shut. I came home from work to find that my sister had left the package on my computer chair. No idea if she saw what was in it or not, but that was abotu the most nerve-wracking online ordering experience I've had.

I did have some interesting in-person buying experiences though. The first time I went to a medical supply store to buy some "real" diapers (molicare iirc) I coped with my nervousness by making up an elaborate backstory about why I was purchasing them for my elderly neighbor. Looking back on it it was really cringy (I think one of the first threads I started here was about it actually). At least I was semi-smart about it and didn't infodump the entire story, just used it to phrase things consistently (e.g. "my neighbor said to look for brand x, y, or z, and his waist size is this").

Then there were a few times I was buying at a medical supply store and was nervous enough that I picked a large off the shelf by mistake (I fit into smalls). Usually I'd notice the mistake when I got home, then suck it up and use them to sleep in rather than try to return/exchange (the fit was pretty comedic, it was basically like wearing a tent). One time though the person at the register questioned why I was getting large because "you look more like a medium or small". I thanked them and switched out for the right size, but I'm sure I must have been blushing like mad at the implicit acknowledgement they were for me.

I wonder how many of us have bought either the wrong size or something other than what we wanted because we were nervous do to the sensitive nature of buying diapers. I've done it on line several times, still being nervous even though it was on line. Now I'm an old pro, but when you're first doing these things, it can be nerve wracking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back