Going 24/7 but experiencing leaks literally all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be honest, you are likely wetting in a couple of large floods instead of several short bursts, i find diapers leak less often if you wet as soon as you feel even a tiny twinge of needing to go, this way, the diaper has a better chance to wick moisture to other parts (i think, this is speculation based on observation.). also, a pair of plastic pants would likely be a good idea, if you are changing in bathroom stalls, i would recommend getting snap on plastic pants, otherwise, pull on are the way to go, check the clearance section of rearz if you live in the us or Canada, they usually have 10 packs on great discounts.

No, I don't flood it and i'm not sure how you can see Tena as a bad quality diaper. I try to pee as often as possible. Today I got the usual leak at the sides of the leg guards. This makes my underwear smell after about a day.

I tried the V thing you talked about but it didn't help, I still leaked as usual (had a tena maxi). Maybe i'm just a hopeless cause.

Just ordered 10 packages of diapers btw :p Not sure how i'm suppose to get it to my house though. It's gonna be a huge package.

Fabpad said:
i'm not sure how you can see Tena as a bad quality diaper.
I take it you're UK based? The kind of tena you can get in the US is different, and general consensus is that it's no good. To the point that sites like XPmedical stopped carrying them.

irnub said:
I take it you're UK based? The kind of tena you can get in the US is different, and general consensus is that it's no good. To the point that sites like XPmedical stopped carrying them.

I'm not UK based. I have ordered seni Quattro, abena M4, and molicare super plus to see if they leak less. However these aren't day diapers (discreet), so I'm hesitant to use them.

If anyone got other diaper suggestions I can try to stop the leaking I'd be happy :)

I'm happy you haven't gotten discouraged! I decided to re-test my Abena M3's and Seni Super Plus diapers, partly in response to your thread, and found that I wasn't completely happy with either. I want something that will last at least 5 hours under normal use.

Tonight the Abena barely got me through 4 hours, and most of that was standing. Sitting, they swell a lot in the front, but as ArchtopK said, the crotch acts as a dam, limiting access to the rest of the diaper. Tomorrow I will test with a booster. The Seni seemed to wick into the crotch pretty well, but the overall capacity was less than expected. Possibly also a case for a booster.

Molicare Super Plus have less capacity than the others and are quite thin. But in my experience, they have a fine line between working well and leaking everywhere. Again, a booster, I think.

Fabpad said:
I'm not UK based. I have ordered seni Quattro, abena M4, and molicare super plus to see if they leak less. However these aren't day diapers (discreet), so I'm hesitant to use them.

If anyone got other diaper suggestions I can try to stop the leaking I'd be happy :)

Try Abena M2 or M3. OR Seni super rather than quatro. Or Northshore supreme lites.

Tenas are junk.

I'm incon and don't have a choice. I put a lot of value in not having a huge piss stain on my khakis in a business meeting in from of all my colleagues. I'd never trust a tena diaper.

- - - Updated - - -

This thread kind of amuses me as an incon person. You want to wear diapers and rely on them like a baby does but you whine if they don't last 5 hours?! That's funny. Wearing diapers and relying on them means finding one that will contain a flood or two and then you change it. Sometimes that means having to change when it's inconvenient.

I have an 18 month old son. I'd rarely expect his diaper to last more than 5 hours. At night, with an overnight diaper on sure but I wouldn't make a baby sit in a wet diaper for 5 hours and as an actual incon person who does "wet wear" I'd rather not be in the same diaper for that long. I think sometime expectations exceed reality with diapers.

While I have never gone 24/7 i have experienced leaking issues. If volume is not the problem I recommend checking into three different things.

1. The fit of the diaper. Your diaper should fit comfortable and snug. You are not wearing boxers anymore. Diapers should be right up in there, with little room for space on the sides or bottom. At the same time your diaper does not have to be so snug that you are cutting off circulation.

2. If you are someone who frequently gets ahem "happy" during changes, then wait for it to subside, and make sure you are pointed down. If you try and tape up a diaper when you are at full mast, when the mast subsides then you have a much larger space left over that can account for leakage.

3. Change more frequently. Just because a diaper has padding in the back that is dry does not mean that it will be used before the front of the diaper begins to leak. I find this common with my recent purchase of Molicare Supers, and molicare Super Air Active's. I often find that overall the diaper could hold much more, but that the liquid is not nessecarilly being wiched up to the back end of the absorbant polymer.

Hope this helps, and enjoy yourself!

I used to do a ton of 24/7 periods and still do have a few days in a row here and there. Only about five diapers ever would last long enough for me if I were away from being changed after 4 or 5 hours. Northshore Supreme (these honestly have the best wicking from front to back that I have ever had), ID Slip PE or Max (they no longer sell them state side now due to xp getting bought out), Molicare Super Plus (unfortunately, these clump faster than most after extended use and walking), Dry 24/7, and XP Medical A+ Level 4. I used to do Tena Slip Maxi before they quit selling state side, the ones without the cloth sides were okay, but still wouldn't last for more than 3 or 4 hours. The main thing about wearing diapers often is knowing their breaking point when they start leaking. I also tend to wear a simple tanktop onesie that probably helps a bit with keeping a sagging diaper from leaking due to leak guards not being against me anymore.

are you leaking out the back top, front top, front sides, back "corners" or around the crotch?

Daytime? (standing, or sitting?)

Nighttime? (sleep on stomach, side, or back? calm or lots of tossing and turning?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back