Bought diapers for the first time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowyFlurry

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So this was something I never thought I'd be doing! After building up some confidence and arranging a fairly secure hiding spot for them, I went out and bought girls' Goodnites, since they would probably have the best chance of fitting me (and they actually ended up fitting surprisingly well!). I made sure to make use of the window of time I had between me getting home from class, and anyone else getting home.

I was pretty nervous when doing it, but I put it all aside and went straight for it. A few things helped calm me down through the experience, the first being that I knew exactly where to find them as to make the trip as quick as possible. Also, the store luckily had a self-checkout station, which I made use of.

Before I knew it, I was in and out of the store in a matter of minutes. Feels good to have gotten it over with, and to finally have my first pack. I can only hope it gets easier the next time around!

Welcome to the club! And it does get easier. I must have stopped at a dozen pharmacies before buying my first diapers. It was probably exhaustion that finally made up my mind. I've just gotten to tell myself that by all outward appearances I have a medical problem, and there's absolutely no shame in taking care of yourself. If you wouldn't get embarrassed buying test strips for a glucose meter or medicine for migraine headaches, why in the world should anybody be embarrassed for buying diapers or pull-ups?

If buying adult pull ups yes it could be a medical problem, but I doubt the store people thought anything about goodnites, other than you've got a kid.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

depends4me said:
Welcome to the club! And it does get easier. I must have stopped at a dozen pharmacies before buying my first diapers. It was probably exhaustion that finally made up my mind. I've just gotten to tell myself that by all outward appearances I have a medical problem, and there's absolutely no shame in taking care of yourself. If you wouldn't get embarrassed buying test strips for a glucose meter or medicine for migraine headaches, why in the world should anybody be embarrassed for buying diapers or pull-ups?
I like your outlook on it! I set up a cover story for myself if it was ever necessary, and say I was buying for my younger sibling. Never had the need to use it! Next time I go, I'm sure it'll be easier for me.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

SnowyFlurry said:
I like your outlook on it! I set up a cover story for myself if it was ever necessary, and say I was buying for my younger sibling.

Waste of mental energy... it's not their buisness to ask ( and most of them know it could cost them their job if they did and got a complaint to a manager)

Honestly, when I bought my first diapers I was excited - I took my time time finding the type and size I deemed right and just carried them to the cash-register. The kind lady even mentioned to me their size, so it was pleasantly noticed. Now I really enjoy standing in line with my adult diapers guessing what people are making of it :) I guess I have some form of exhibitionism in me :)

Congrats this is fabulous to hear!

Enjoy your Goodnites and any other diapers for years to come!

For me it was nerve wreaking the first several times I went to the store to buy diapers, but if you just do it with complete confidence and forget about worrying what others are making of it, it just like any other trip to the store for whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back