Not open for further replies.

WildBlueCrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
For those times when a Dry 24/7 would be wasted, or when more discretion is needed and only a "little bit" of protection is needed, my "go-to" used to be the Depend Protection with Tabs, the old three-tape plastic-backed ones. My waist, measured with a tailor's tape, is about 38" (my jeans are all 33 or 34x32s). I wore the Large (35-49" waist) Depends, and they were large on me, but fit okay.

I wear the medium Dry 24/7, and they fit like a glove. In Abena, the M4 is a little too snug, the L4 I swim in; same with Northshore.

Now that the Depend product has gone even further into mediocrity, I'm looking for a reasonable alternative. The main concern is cost (<$1/diaper, ideally), and the diaper shouldn't totally suck, but I'm not expecting premium performance - that's actually kind of the point.

I was hoping Tranquility ATN might be the ticket, but I just got samples of both medium and large sizes, and it's as I feared ... The medium is just too snug (the back barely meets the front, with zero overlap), while I swim in the large - way too loose to be secure, or to have any confidence in. :sad:

Are there any decent "mid-range" diapers that are in-between sized, e.g., with a larger than most medium size? I've kinda seen some diapers are now coming in (inter alia) medium, regular, and large sizes ...?

Thanks!

Have you tried the NorthShore Care supreme (available either in plastic or cloth). I too am a medium dry247 and L4 wearer. Try their large. They'll send you some samples if you ask ( info@).

My other "thinner than the L4/dry247" that has decent absorbency is the Attends Breathable Extra Absorbency. The standard breatables (now misappropraitely now named "attends classic") suck pretty badly, but the Ex Abs are a good mix of thin and absorbent.

If you want cheap but passible...try the Sam's Club diapers (I think they're back to calling these MembersMark again, they were SimplyRight for a while). 48 goes for $21. Reasonable absorbency and I think you'd be better in the large. These are the same diaper as the Walmart Assurance and the Walgreens Certainty brand if you want to try smaller quantities.

willnotwill said:
Have you tried the NorthShore Care supreme (available either in plastic or cloth). I too am a medium dry247 and L4 wearer. Try their large. They'll send you some samples if you ask ( info@).

I have; I'm in-between sizes with them, too. Also, they're not cheap. $1.93/each (in packs) for the Supreme. The Depend were like $11.99 for a pack of 16 (75¢/each); once it's much over a buck, it makes sense to use a good diaper (24/7 etc).

My other "thinner than the L4/dry247" that has decent absorbency is the Attends Breathable Extra Absorbency. The standard breatables (now misappropraitely now named "attends classic") suck pretty badly, but the Ex Abs are a good mix of thin and absorbent.

That looks like a winner, thanks! I'll give them a try. Hoping the sizing works out.

If you want cheap but passible...try the Sam's Club diapers (I think they're back to calling these MembersMark again, they were SimplyRight for a while). 48 goes for $21. Reasonable absorbency and I think you'd be better in the large. These are the same diaper as the Walmart Assurance and the Walgreens Certainty brand if you want to try smaller quantities.

Is that one of those club stores? There aren't any around here; I think there's a Costco in the marina, but otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back