Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any luck on fetlife?

Default Any luck on fetlife?

I have been debating for years on joining a dating website and finally joined fetlife. Havent had much luck. Granted i am a bit shy though. Has anyone here ever had any actual luck on fetlife or any dating website for that matter?

Depends on what you're aiming for. I haven't found a partner through Fetlife, but I have made some friends through the site. Fetlife definitely seems to be the best option as every dating site that claims to cater to ABDLs has always seemed...scammy to me.

I don't really see fetlife as a dating site specifically, more like a facebook for people who are kinky.

Personally my experience on fetlife has been amazing.. a bit slow in the beginning, but once I found the right groups I met a lot of great people, and (at least around here) most of the local events are primarily organized through it.

I met my mommy/girlfriend of 2 years on fetlife, and while there is a lot of not good on fetlife, I also have friends from other areas of kinkdom that I know are good people who are on fetlife.

in my opinion, its incorrect to view fetlife as a just dating site. I think its more of a community site, there is helpful advice and reading material and on a slue of topics. its a community notice board for events as well.

There is absolutely no harm in joining fetlife, I believe most people who meet someone through fetlife meet them in a casual setting, either a group munch, through a friend of a friend, or from non generic messaging in between individuals.

also, its a free community, that is easy for people who have little social skills and no discrimination of what they say to prowl. there are some extremely dangerous people on fetlife.

Be safe, be sensible and you will most likely meet someone who you have somthing in common with.

to give you an idea though, Ive been a member of fetlife since 2010(?) maybe 2008, I have only dated one person from the site, but have had social interactions with many more.
    Last edited by MommyandMattling; 03-Oct-2016 at 12:54.

I have yet to sign up for Fetlife. Their insistence on getting your phone number turned me off. I did sign up for Diaper-Bois (I'm gay) just about a month ago, after a breakup with a long-distance BF (we're still friends) and appear to have found a guy who is nearly my twin. I expect the Fetlife interface is a great deal fancier but Diaper-Bois seems to be working for me.

I have made a few contacts out of it, but not anything that has lasted so far. The thing that helps the most in my opinion though, is start by asking for some friends on one or more of the AB/DL groups, and then start posting a bunch of pictures of yourself (hidden face if you are worried). People who friend you will like your photos and then it pops up on their friends feeds who then end up making friends with you. Seems to work well enough so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by depends4me View Post
    I did sign up for Diaper-Bois (I'm gay) just about a month ago,
    I envy you. Finding a gay partner vs straight as an AB/DL seems so much easier all things considered. Sorry about the breakup though, good thing it sounds like it didn't completely destroy your relationship though.

Its the events where it works mostly.
    I have friends on fetlife.
    I met more persons at munch's posted on fetlife.

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    I don't really see fetlife as a dating site specifically, more like a facebook for people who are kinky.
    Eh. It tries to be, but at the same time, it's centred on sexuality. People deny that it's specifically sexual, but they're fighting a losing battle, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliborio View Post
    Eh. It tries to be, but at the same time, it's centred on sexuality. People deny that it's specifically sexual, but they're fighting a losing battle, in my opinion.
    Sure it's sexual, but sexual and dating arn't exactly joined at the hip.

I for instance don't really date often, I mostly just play. I also get a whole lot of enjoyment discussing my various kinks with people whom I've no interest in dating or playing with at all.