Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tab diapers without feeling unable to opt out.

Default Tab diapers without feeling unable to opt out.

Okay guys, I have a brother/bestie. Who's big just kinda depends on how we feel. He's a newbie, and hell, I might as well be. We're busy planning his first playtime. There's an element of volition I don't wanna take away from him. He knows he has a choice, toilet or not, and I won't be unhappy with whichever one at whatever time. He likes the idea of not needing me until things get, ehem. . . Heavy? Did I put it delicately enough?

I totally get it. He wants pull-ups. No fear there. I'm disabled, which means Macgiverism is in my blood. I've told him the only issue with pull-ups is, you gotta take off all your lower half clothes to put a new one on. I said, "Hey, wait. You're British. Can you fake a Scottish accent?"

Kilt joke there.

Now that he knows the fatal flaw of every pull-up ever, he and I are thinking ABU Preschool. We'll be adding temporary tattoos, to make an all-over print. He says the plastic landing zone won't bother him, as long as it doesn't make much noise.

Here's the thing. I'd voluntarily be seen in the most babyish diaper ever, by my backwards-ass, ultra conservative other side of the family, before I'd ever hurt him, or take his freedom of choice. Is handling potty trips easy enough in the Preschool, without ruining the tapes? I assume that's what front and rear waistbands are for, and the Preschool only has the rear one.
    How does one wiggle down a tape diaper, without removing the tapes? How many tape removals we got before they lose stickiness?

I'm so glad our main interest is cloth, and we'll only need disposables when out!

I've heard a few people here talk about sliding their diapers off without undoing the tapes. I think it depends a lot on one's body shape. I'm big-hipped and big-butted, and if I've snugged my diapers to where they won't fall down on their own, they also refuse to be pulled down. No chance! I've got too much of a built-in "ledge", I guess. The rear waistband elastics are usually mostly above the level of the tapes, too, so their function is kind of limited. Mainly they make it harder for somebody to casually drop an ice cube down the back of your diaper.

But on the re-stick-ability of the Preschool tapes, I have no experience to share, so I'll yield to a Preschool-wearer. Might wanna have some packing tape handy!

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    I've heard a few people here talk about sliding their diapers off without undoing the tapes. I think it depends a lot on one's body shape. I'm big-hipped and big-butted, and if I've snugged my diapers to where they won't fall down on their own, they also refuse to be pulled down. No chance! I've got too much of a built-in "ledge", I guess. The rear waistband elastics are usually mostly above the level of the tapes, too, so their function is kind of limited. Mainly they make it harder for somebody to casually drop an ice cube down the back of your diaper.

But on the re-stick-ability of the Preschool tapes, I have no experience to share, so I'll yield to a Preschool-wearer. Might wanna have some packing tape handy!
    I can actually carefully pull down my Abena L4's, despite also having large hips and butt. Maybe it's because they're a little on the big side for me, and I might not have the same result in say, a DC Idyl, which fits me more snugly.

If you're careful to not touch the sticky part of the tapes and put the tapes back on the little tab they come adhered to (for safekeeping while the diaper is pulled down), you will have no trouble with at least 2-3 refastenings and possibly more. Just have to be careful; bring a mini-roll of duct tape with just in case.

Well,

Another option, some can go pee by shall we say, pull the little guy around the side...

I slide mine down when i have to go BM. Im only uranary incont.

Why not start off wearing a pull-up, then have a tabbed diaper ready to change into if the pull-up needs to go? I've done that before, and it makes a nice sort of one-shot deal as far as opting out midway through a day of wearing.

Then as far as pulling a diaper down, it's really going to depend on body type and how you tape it initially. I'm built like a stick (my circumference at waist, hips, and butt is almost identical), so I generally don't have to much trouble sliding them down but YMMV obviously. If you do end up untaping them, I recommend only undoing one set of tapes (e.g. only the top or only the bottom) and then attempting to slide it down. That way it's easier to slide back up and stick the tapes back in the same spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    I can manage to slide taped diapers off without undoing the tapes, but my experience is that they always fit looser after you do that. Once they've been slid off once, they no longer stay up as well.

why pullups? todays cloth like diapers give you a snugger fit/ let you take them off no drawer rearranging necessary

Quote Originally Posted by rennecfox View Post
    why pullups? todays cloth like diapers give you a snugger fit/ let you take them off no drawer rearranging necessary
    I'm guessing there's a desire for kiddish/babyish designs. Sadly, there aren't many cloth-backed adult diapers that have them.