XP Medical Re-design

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they really are doing away with the ID slip ones? I know they had them on sale for a while. They are pretty much favorite diaper these days, even their cloth backed ones weren't too bad. Hopefully they just haven't added them back again, as I don't think they'd do away with their house brand level 3 diapers as well. I do like the redesign though, just hope they don't do away with some favorite brands.

HogansHeroes said:
I just looked at the web site, and you don't need an account just to browse it. I haven't ordered from them, but it actually doesn't even look like you need an account to purchase things. As far as I can tell, an account is just for convenience, if you want to store your shipping info and not re-enter for every order.

I checked it out after the comment as well and there's no requirement. I wasn't such a frequent customer as to have their site clear in my mind but the new version seems adequate enough to me. I don't recall if it had the information previously but I like that it has information on amount of diapers/bags right up front when ordering in a static box for reference.

I just got a reply from XP. The ID Slips aren't coming back.

depends4me said:

That's disappointing. Looks like I won't be coming back to their site then. I can get everything else I need via Northshore and ABDL suppliers.

I already made a thread kinda on this topic, but since it seems whenever I make a post most people don't bother to feedback, I'll say that I do miss how your cart always stayed their even after you closed the tab "Pun intended", so when you turn off your phone or shut down computer, your cart will still show what you were looking, or going to buy, might remind them of that.

It put up a gray screen over the site being one not trusting sites that try to get you to register I mostly leve them.
Not clicking any button's
Adisc and a few I have made exception's on this rule of mine.
I prefer to surf the site then if I wish to order any thing then I mite register.

Looks like I may have to switch back to using Northshore Care's house brand again. I did email them about the iD slips as well, I wonder if they got enough emails if they might reconsider.

Guess I will have to buy my travel supplies from another supplier if he does not add back the sample section. I order enough plus a small cushion in case of delays. I do not need to pack a bag of diapers with me I leave that room for trinkets.

foxkits said:
It put up a gray screen over the site being one not trusting sites that try to get you to register I mostly leve them.
Not clicking any button's
Adisc and a few I have made exception's on this rule of mine.
I prefer to surf the site then if I wish to order any thing then I mite register.

Being unwilling to click through doesn't make it a requirement to register before browsing.

I'm not a fan of those pop-ups either but I think it's better to stick to the facts when discussing things that are, well, factual.

I think I've found some bugs in XP's pricing as well. Currently if you select medium Dry 24/7's, it is more expensive per diaper ($1.72) to order a half case compared to ordering just one bag ($1.59).

depends4me said:

uuuuunbelievable. I'm tired of spending months trying to find a new brand only to have it discontinued six months later!

I'm about 1/4 of the way through four cases of their ID slip PEs's and those were working well for me.

One of northshore's models was very close, I'll have to take a look at it again I guess.

In an odd twist I just noticed today that XP has added Tranquility ATNs to their site with this note on the bottom of the page:

Note to customers:
This is our recommended replacement product for the discontinued iD Slip briefs.

An entirely inadequate replacement in my opinion, but at least they're trying.

I'm really disappointed. I was planning to order some samples and a case of the iD Slips, but now that is no longer an option. I liked being able to sample the product before ordering a bag or case, but it must not have been profitable. They still have some good products, but now I have no reason to specifically go to XP. Before they had some rare diapers such as the Tena Slip Maxi and iD Slips, but now their selection is average and can easily be found else where. Their prices on the 24/7s are good and I may re-order those when I run out and the Seni diapers are nice as well. Still sad to see the selection go down.

They also emailed me back recommending me to try the ATN ones. Out of all the plastic backed diapers, aside from the very basic IB Briefs by Prevail/FirstQuality and the american versions of attends, they are some of the worst, they are just barely above the level of Depends for me. I loved the european version of tena slip maxi and had bought so many cases from them and then they stopped selling them and the product changed. I also used to love both unique wellness briefs versions, the first kind they added pin holes to, so couldn't wear and then they redesigned the superios after they were decent. Kind of sick of that constant degrading of diapers or ending of supplies in the US. About the only thing I wish northshore's house brand did, is have the free shipping that xp medical does. Northshore is about $1.68 per diaper with the shipping, while it is $1.41 per diaper for the level 4 ones at xp. The absorbency plus ones are really super bulky and no leg guards. I think if they would bring back level 3 and have the leak guards, it wouldn't be too bad, as long as the cost was comparable to the northshore ones. Without shipping costs, the northshores are only a few cents more a diaper, which I would more than gladly pay instead of the level 4s.

So, apparently in the midst of these upgrades they weren't able to tell me that the Seni Quatros were on backorder until after I got my monthly shipment in and it wasn't on the truck, despite them telling me they shipped it in the email. So that was fun, the email also was signed "Stacy Gunn", the first time I've seen that and I've bought from XP Medical a long time now. I hope that doesn't mean Gary sold it, that would make me very upset, :/

I don't typically have a reason to contact them, but received emails from Stacy and Nicholas in discussing the site change, who I assume are customer service. Are they new? Gary wrote the (up-to-date) "Brief History" page and lists himself as founder.

Update from XP All shipping will happen from Arkansas closer to Fed Ex Memphis mega cargo hub for faster service however west coast customers now will have a extra day of shipping time if you choose the ground option. Had a excellent conversation with Nicholas.

xpluswearer said:
however west coast customers now will have a extra day of shipping time if you choose the ground option.
Ugh, I always liked ordering from them just because being on the west coast the stuff would show up like a day after I ordered it. With the iD Slips gone, the shipping stuff, and having to get used to a new webpage anyway, might as well try out other vendors now.

So does anyone know where they added the additional warehouse at in Arkansas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back