Great old video games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommygun619

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have recently found a few emulators on Google play and now I can play older games from when I was a little kid on my phone. I have spyro and crash bandicoot warped for ps1 and super mario world and 64 for snes and n64. Any good suggestions to play after I am done with these games????

Tommygun619 said:
I have recently found a few emulators on Google play and now I can play older games from when I was a little kid on my phone. I have spyro and crash bandicoot warped for ps1 and super mario world and 64 for snes and n64. Any good suggestions to play after I am done with these games????

I love emulators for this reason, Crash Bandicoot Warped was my favorite game as a kid.

Some gems you can try are Crash Bandicoot 1,2 and Crash Bash, and Crash Racing. (can't remember the name)

Shybug said:
I love emulators for this reason, Crash Bandicoot Warped was my favorite game as a kid.

Some gems you can try are Crash Bandicoot 1,2 and Crash Bash, and Crash Racing. (can't remember the name)

I love those games as well. I found crash bash on there but couldn't get it to download. I was so mad cause I loved that one. I still have crash 1,2 and crash team racing discs to play on my ps3. Where do you find games to play?

I've honestly didn't play Zelda till about a couple of months a go. I started playing it on my 3DS.

snes has a ton of fun games, most top 20s will be enough but theres also cult favorites to play like squares mario rpg legend of the seven starts on snes. bomberman 64 was also pretty great back in the day.

If you are able to Goldeneye for the N64 is an awesome game to play. I wish I still had my N64 so I could play it some more.

im pretty sure crash bandicoot gave me my fear of falling when i played that when i was younger. i loved alot of ps1 games but legend of legia and legend of dragoon were amazing. if i want to go futher back then i liked kid chameleon on sega which was what i played alot as a kid

Got som rpgs recomendations. On the ps1, you have Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX. My favourite of those three is IX. Then you also have Chrono Cross, which is another exellent game.

On the SNES, you have Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV, V and VI. Then of course, Earthbound.

The games I played as a kid tend to be mostly of the NES variety... the original Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros. 3 rank among my favorites. On Sega, I'm a big fan of Sonic 2, mainly because of Tails I think. ^^; I'm also fond of older systems I enjoyed when I was very young, notably Vectrex.

Things like N64 and PS1 still seem like more modern systems to me, not what I think of as "classic gaming" from my youth. I feel old. o.o

If you are into RPG's than I would say give Final Fantasy Tactics for the Playstation 1 a try. In my opinion it is thee greatest Final Fantasy game. Banjo Kazooie for the N64 is great and all 3 Donkey Kong Country games on the SNES. But to be honest I think all these games are best played and experienced when you are sitting on a couch with a wired controller in your hand looking at an old 90's TV. This is why I will never get rid of any of my games.

Goldeneye is great. Another great older game is shadow of the colossus, I was playing it when my friend stopped by, he couldn't believe it was a ps2 game because the graphics are crispy as f@$#!

Hey there,

I don't really know what your genres are, but I would recommend "The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the past" (SNES). Many people don't even know about that, because they only played Ocarina of Times on the N64.

I you like jump and runs you could try the "Spyro" series on PS1 - played them when I was a kid, and these are still enjoyable today.

If you find something, have fun :)

Kind regards,
Sabu

Edit: oh and you could try "Okami" for the PS2! :)

Zelda: A link to the past for SNES is beautiful and kind of the must play of the whole series.
Yoshis Island would be another one of the great SNES games.

I should also recommend one of my very favorite games of all time... Myst. And its brilliant sequel, Riven.

Both are dated now, of course, but Myst / Riven was the first (and thus far only) video game to keep me up all night playing until dawn. I loved it.

Oh man, you guys are so new-school! Where's the Atari 2600 love?! :)

When I want to relive my early childhood, I plug in my Atari 2600 "Heavy Sixer" and enjoy a good game of Air/Sea Battle, Pitfall, ... even E.T.!

But when I think about the video games I played as a child, I mostly think of the NES, and games like The Legend of Zelda (I), Super Mario Bros., Metroid, Kid Icarus, Bionic Commando, Blaster Master, Mega Man, Mega Man II, Ninja Gaiden, ...wow. Too many good ones to choose, really.

All the strategic games,RPGs etc.

I agree with kapi currently playing it again on my Wii. And along the lines of golden eye, I always enjoyed perfect dark.

I've heard the original ET for the NES was a blast.

I'm going to recommend my all time favourite fps, Perfect Dark for the N64. Amazing game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back