Select the gender that best describes yourself:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

INTrePid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I thought it would be interesting to do a survey to see what the self-reported gender demographics are here on ADISC. I'm not sure if the gender data from user profiles has ever been published, but regardless a survey like this will be more representative of the active users.

Last edited:
The gender aspects of Paraphilic Infantilism is covered in Bitter Grays research site.

How come there is so many males here!?

Most of these polls end up at 85-90% male. Bittergrey's ABDL survey got nearly 1700 responses to this question, and 85% responded "male" with another 6% responding female trans. So if you add those together (which is interesting if you're trying to correlate ABDL with possession of a penis at birth), you get an even more overwhelming 91%.

And that seems pretty accurate to me, based on my own observations. It's been suggested that females are more private about it, or stay away forums because of creepers, but there's just no way that accounts for such a large disparity.

Cottontail said:
Most of these polls end up at 85-90% male. Bittergrey's ABDL survey got nearly 1700 responses to this question, and 85% responded "male" with another 6% responding female trans. So if you add those together (which is interesting if you're trying to correlate ABDL with possession of a penis at birth), you get an even more overwhelming 91%.

And that seems pretty accurate to me, based on my own observations. It's been suggested that females are more private about it, or stay away forums because of creepers, but there's just no way that accounts for such a large disparity.

lol well I don't know if you can just throw transgender females directly into the males group percentages simply cause they where born with a penis. If anything it would make more sense to throw them into the female group simply because being an ab/dl is more of a mental thing than having to do with ones physical body. Either that or just keep transgender separate altogether as it's own category.

brabbit1987 said:
lol well I don't know if you can just throw transgender females directly into the males group percentages simply cause they where born with a penis. If anything it would make more sense to throw them into the female group simply because being an ab/dl is more of a mental thing than having to do with ones physical body. Either that or just keep transgender separate altogether as it's own category.
There's been a lot of speculation--and that's all it is--that external genitalia lead to more stimulation in one's younger years, which in turn has (something) to do with the incidence of diaper fetishes. Could be total bunk, and I'm certainly not convinced, but that's why I mentioned it. Any single thing put forward as an explanation for ABDL should be greeted with considerable skepticism. But ABDL's overwhelming maleness is nonetheless interesting, whether you include the trans females or not.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:

There's definitely a heavy skew towards males, but 85-90% still seems a bit too high to me though. If I had to guess I'd say it's closer to 75-80% in reality with an internet forum bias inflating the male percentage 5-10%

As the poll asks to select the option that best describes yourself I went with female, which matches my biological sex, although in reality it's a little bit more complicated... I went through a strong patch recently where my baby side decided to be a boy instead. It's kind of fizzled out though and I can't really tell you if baby me is a boy or a girl; it's confusing, so I guess that side of me is a little genderfluid.

Adult me is OK with being female for the most part anyway, although I'm more androgynous over feminine, and there's definitely things about being male I'm envious about.

I suppose I'm OK with being male but I really don't care that much.

Traditionally and from shared data, we've always seen more male AB/DLs than female, but like Cottontail said, it's possible that a lot of female AB/DLs either avoid diaper sites or lay low because of male creepers. My guess is that there are psychological reasons as well as perhaps physical and biological for the lopsided proportions. We are a complicated lot.

dogboy said:
Traditionally and from shared data, we've always seen more male AB/DLs than female, but like Cottontail said, it's possible that a lot of female AB/DLs either avoid diaper sites or lay low because of male creepers. My guess is that there are psychological reasons as well as perhaps physical and biological for the lopsided proportions. We are a complicated lot.

I agree, so far though the poll isn't as male-dominated as I thought it was going to be. I think we're doing better as a community getting rid of the creepers and harassers. Things used to be a lot sketchier in the early days of the web.

Yeah, that's about what I expected.

ColecoVision said:
Yeah, that's about what I expected.

The percentages so far are close to what I expected but I thought there'd be more votes. Are there really only ≈40 active users here on any given weekend?

I'm thinking it's more that most users don't find themselves in the Off-topic forum regularly. I just voted now.

Also, anyone accessing the forum through Tapatalk does not see the poll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maxx said:
Some of us don't buy into the multiple choice theory, but don't want to start something.

Sure you don't XD

Maxx said:
Some of us don't buy into the multiple choice theory, but don't want to start something.

What do you mean by the "multiple choice theory"...? What is it you don't buy into? (I don't want to start anything either, but I don't understand you mean.)

egor said:
The gender aspects of Paraphilic Infantilism is covered in Bitter Grays research site.

Well... no research is conclusive, and I don't think there have been any rigorous peer-reviewed studies that have sought to eliminate selection-bias.

So, since all this "research" is fairly anecdotal anyway, it's interesting to see how ADISC's readers have responded.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Maxx said:

tiny said:
What do you mean by the "multiple choice theory"...? What is it you don't buy into? (I don't want to start anything either, but I don't understand you mean.)

Yeah, what do you mean by that Maxx? I'm confused too. Do you think there aren't enough options? Too many options? That gender can't be labeled? That people can't be trusted to respond accurately?

For reference, here are the 58 genders Facebook allows user to choose:

Agender
Androgyne
Androgynous
Bigender
Cis
Cisgender
Cis Female
Cis Male
Cis Man
Cis Woman
Cisgender Female
Cisgender Male
Cisgender Man
Cisgender Woman
Female to Male
FTM
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Male to Female
MTF
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Trans
Trans*
Trans Female
Trans* Female
Trans Male
Trans* Male
Trans Man
Trans* Man
Trans Person
Trans* Person
Trans Woman
Trans* Woman
Transfeminine
Transgender
Transgender Female
Transgender Male
Transgender Man
Transgender Person
Transgender Woman
Transmasculine
Transsexual
Transsexual Female
Transsexual Male
Transsexual Man
Transsexual Person
Transsexual Woman
Two-Spirit

I left a category open for "other" if you don't like any of the options listed in the poll.

INTrePid said:
For reference, here are the 58 genders Facebook allows user to choose:

Wow! Fifty-eight?!!! :eek!: That's... incredible!

Things have gone too far! I think we just need to accept the fact that gender is a vague and useless way to define and categorise people.

Monoglottal English speakers often recoil in horror at the idea of learning a second language where nouns are arbitrarily assigned genders. Maybe it's time to give up the concept of gender and as a defining character trait, and just treat people as people...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back