View Poll Results: Select the gender that best describes yourself:

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Male

    60 76.92%
  • Female

    8 10.26%
  • Transgender Male

    1 1.28%
  • Transgender Female

    4 5.13%
  • Genderfluid/Nonbinary/Nonconforming/etc.

    4 5.13%
  • Other (describe in comments)

    1 1.28%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: ADISC gender survey

  1. #1

    Question ADISC gender survey

    I thought it would be interesting to do a survey to see what the self-reported gender demographics are here on ADISC. I'm not sure if the gender data from user profiles has ever been published, but regardless a survey like this will be more representative of the active users.
    Last edited by INTrePid; 30-Sep-2016 at 20:22. Reason: fixed typo

  2. #2

    Default

    The gender aspects of Paraphilic Infantilism is covered in Bitter Grays research site.

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Default

    Most of these polls end up at 85-90% male. Bittergrey's ABDL survey got nearly 1700 responses to this question, and 85% responded "male" with another 6% responding female trans. So if you add those together (which is interesting if you're trying to correlate ABDL with possession of a penis at birth), you get an even more overwhelming 91%.

    And that seems pretty accurate to me, based on my own observations. It's been suggested that females are more private about it, or stay away forums because of creepers, but there's just no way that accounts for such a large disparity.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Most of these polls end up at 85-90% male. Bittergrey's ABDL survey got nearly 1700 responses to this question, and 85% responded "male" with another 6% responding female trans. So if you add those together (which is interesting if you're trying to correlate ABDL with possession of a penis at birth), you get an even more overwhelming 91%.

    And that seems pretty accurate to me, based on my own observations. It's been suggested that females are more private about it, or stay away forums because of creepers, but there's just no way that accounts for such a large disparity.
    lol well I don't know if you can just throw transgender females directly into the males group percentages simply cause they where born with a penis. If anything it would make more sense to throw them into the female group simply because being an ab/dl is more of a mental thing than having to do with ones physical body. Either that or just keep transgender separate altogether as it's own category.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    lol well I don't know if you can just throw transgender females directly into the males group percentages simply cause they where born with a penis. If anything it would make more sense to throw them into the female group simply because being an ab/dl is more of a mental thing than having to do with ones physical body. Either that or just keep transgender separate altogether as it's own category.
    There's been a lot of speculation--and that's all it is--that external genitalia lead to more stimulation in one's younger years, which in turn has (something) to do with the incidence of diaper fetishes. Could be total bunk, and I'm certainly not convinced, but that's why I mentioned it. Any single thing put forward as an explanation for ABDL should be greeted with considerable skepticism. But ABDL's overwhelming maleness is nonetheless interesting, whether you include the trans females or not.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 01-Oct-2016 at 02:49.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Most of these polls end up at 85-90% male. Bittergrey's ABDL survey got nearly 1700 responses to this question, and 85% responded "male" with another 6% responding female trans. So if you add those together (which is interesting if you're trying to correlate ABDL with possession of a penis at birth), you get an even more overwhelming 91%.

    And that seems pretty accurate to me, based on my own observations. It's been suggested that females are more private about it, or stay away forums because of creepers, but there's just no way that accounts for such a large disparity.
    There's definitely a heavy skew towards males, but 85-90% still seems a bit too high to me though. If I had to guess I'd say it's closer to 75-80% in reality with an internet forum bias inflating the male percentage 5-10%

  8. #8

    Default

    As the poll asks to select the option that best describes yourself I went with female, which matches my biological sex, although in reality it's a little bit more complicated... I went through a strong patch recently where my baby side decided to be a boy instead. It's kind of fizzled out though and I can't really tell you if baby me is a boy or a girl; it's confusing, so I guess that side of me is a little genderfluid.

    Adult me is OK with being female for the most part anyway, although I'm more androgynous over feminine, and there's definitely things about being male I'm envious about.

  9. #9

    Default

    I suppose I'm OK with being male but I really don't care that much.

  10. #10

    Default

    Traditionally and from shared data, we've always seen more male AB/DLs than female, but like Cottontail said, it's possible that a lot of female AB/DLs either avoid diaper sites or lay low because of male creepers. My guess is that there are psychological reasons as well as perhaps physical and biological for the lopsided proportions. We are a complicated lot.

Similar Threads

  1. ABDL Gender Demographics - Gender Ratio
    By kikee in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-Nov-2014, 06:05
  2. ADISC Email Survey
    By Moo in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-Jun-2010, 05:34
  3. ADISC Wiki/Layout survey results
    By Moo in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-Mar-2010, 09:37
  4. Tea survey!
    By KaworuVsDrWily in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 28-Mar-2010, 22:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.