Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else annoyed by Tim & Eric on Adult Swim?

Default Anyone else annoyed by Tim & Eric on Adult Swim?

Now this will probably get me flamed as there might be Tim and Eric fans here but I am getting REALLY annoyed by their 'Spring Break' bits in between shows. It's too stupid.

Same with their show. It's too stupid. All I really want is my Moral Orel to start and not have to listen to those to morons. They really aren't funny, or intelligent at all.

WildThing121675

I've not seen their "Spring Break" promos (at least they don't stand out in my mind), but in deference to Rance in another thread, I tried to watch that show a couple nights ago.

I did, I really, really did.

I stayed with it a whole 5 minutes before bailing.

I think it takes a certain amount of self-hatred to watch that show.

Personally, I love it. It's clear that they're students of observation and awkwardness -- there are certainly far more awkward and peculiar moments on that show than there are funny ones, and that specifically suits my humor.

I hated the show when I first watched it, but I was strangely fascinated with the first episode, even though I found it immensely annoying. Then I watched it again. And again. And again. For some reason, it grew on me, and I'm glad to say that there is nothing out there that makes me laugh like that show. Their constant accurate spoofing of public access television and all forms of low-quality video is absolutely top-notch.

That you don't find it funny, WildThing, seems to sort of be their aim. I don't think many people do. For that, though, they're actually becoming quite revered in the comedy world -- a cursory look on the Internet, and there are plenty of well-known comedians and crews who think that their show, their humor, and the way it's presented is flawless. Definitely Kaufman-esque, and not for everyone.

I HATE that show. It's positively the most annoying thing I have ever seen. After watching only one entire episode back to back with tom goes to the mayor, I had to seriously consider why I even watch TV anymore, snd what my standards for what I will and wonb't watch are. They're THAT bad.

I love Tim and Eric, but I think their entire deal is very love or hate. You either get it or you don't. I don't mean that in the sense of "I understand" but "find humor in". Their comedy is the kind of awkward observational stuff that makes Wes Anderson films great and painful to watch. It is what happens if you make a comedy group mocking the mundane and cast only straight man character types. I am surprised it is still on the air though.

My problem with them is they are making jackasses of themselves on TV, and I have a dim view of those willing to make jackasses of themselves. All they do is act stupid. If I want stupidity all I need to do is look around my city's downtown area.

Or outside my own window. I don't wanna see jackassery on my own TV. I just want stuff that cracks me up and helps me forget about my problems and makes me laugh. Tim and Eric just don't make me laugh. It makes me wonder why they aren't hospitalized. If I had been a Cartoon Network, or Turner exec, I would have shot their show down like a Russian MiG.

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by frillyfoxy View Post
    I am surprised it is still on the air though.
    Luckily for you, Frillyfoxy, they've got a pretty rabid following, and to my knowledge, they're doing well enough to stick around for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by adaffme149 View Post
    I HATE that show. It's positively the most annoying thing I have ever seen. After watching only one entire episode back to back with tom goes to the mayor, I had to seriously consider why I even watch TV anymore, snd what my standards for what I will and wonb't watch are. They're THAT bad.
    Well, it seems like you watched the whole thing, and it's usually normal practice to turn off what we don't like, right? I think you're hiding a secret!

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    My problem with them is they are making jackasses of themselves on TV, and I have a dim view of those willing to make jackasses of themselves. All they do is act stupid. If I want stupidity all I need to do is look around my city's downtown area.
    Truth be told, WildThing, I think you're looking upon them a bit harshly. People making jackasses of themselves on television is something you can find if you watch something like Jackass or Viva La Bam, where they willingly put themselves up for harm, mutilation, or humilation. Tim and Eric is just comedy approached a different way than the way you prefer, but that doesn't mean that they're unintelligent or that they're jackasses. Quite the contrary -- they look like they've done their studying when it comes to how they mimic specific forms of television and film-making. As the old saying goes, you have to work hard to be good, and you have to work harder to be bad.

They've also had a good amount of high-profile guests on their shows, some of whom are regular contributors. While this isn't necessary a voucher for their success, it goes to show that they've got an audience (and likely a respect) that stretches throughout the business. John C. Reilly is a regular guest on their show, as is Rainne (sp?) Wilson from The Office. Comedienne Maria Bamford and comedian David Cross have been guests in the past. Jeff Goldblum has made appearances, along with Frank Willard and others.

While I'm not saying that they're good because they have those people, it does go to show that their arms are further reaching than you might originally think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
    hahah turn the tv off
    That's what it made me consider, though.... Why i'll watch anything, solely for the fact that it's on.

I've never really watched the show. It looks pretty stupid though. It's just a bit too random for my tastes