Battling Internalized Diaper Stigma

Status
Not open for further replies.
PlotTwist said:
Like I had mentioned before, I've gone through most of what you're going through right now, a year ago myself. One of the biggest things to get over was "I don't *really* need to wear diapers. I mean, I CAN just run for the nearest bathroom. It just hurts to hold it, but I still CAN hold it." When it's not an outright need (like at night - for me and you, there really isn't a question if you want to sleep and wake up in a dry bed), it becomes more of a decision to get your life back to normal. I don't *need* to wear diapers during the day, but it makes me be able to do things without worrying about where the next bathroom is. I can go out with friends without having to try to empty my bladder before getting on the subway, or see a movie without interruption, or countless other things - it just makes life easier and less stressful.

I too prefer Dry24/7s as my current goto, but have been trying out Wellness Superios for daytime use. I still can make it to the bathroom 3/4ths of the time, so I don't need ALL the absorbency of the Dry24/7s, and the Superios are thinner and quieter for walking around, but are SO LOUD when taking the tapes off if you have to change in public.

I think you should lighten up about worrying about the crinkle, and try the Molicare Super Plus for daytime use. People won't know you're wearing a diaper, and if they do, they shouldn't care. I always told myself when I used to worry about it, "You're worrying about the tiniest percentage of people in this world who would make fun of someone for a medical condition, and these are the worst kind of people - you wouldn't even want to give them the time of day, let alone worry about what they think."

Thank you for saying what I have been trying to say. I agree with you 100%. I just ordered a sample pack of Molicare Super Plus to see how they work for me. I have yet to order a case. I am trying different diapers to find the perfect one for my needs. The Dry/24s are perfect for me at night time, but are too bulky and loud to use during the daytime. I would like to have a good daytime diaper that I can wear when I know I am going to be in situations that restrict my bathroom access.

I don’t think going 24/7 is right for me.

No your not alone, I started having the same problems with incontinence when I turned 30 in 2010 six years ago and I am very well appreciative of the stigma surrounding a grown adult who has to wear diapers, I am also aware of how alien the whole concept feels you see I live with unsupportive relative's and I get a lot of stick for choosing this means of protection.

I also went against my doctors advice as he prescribed me with pills that made me allergic twice once for a drug I can't even pronounce and secondly with Vasicare which had the same effect, generally I have no quarrels with doctors but this one kind of got me upset as he suggested that it was all I my mind and that I was somehow wetting myself for attention which I totally not true, at the end of all the tests and by tests I mean hospital visits all they could diagnose me with was a weak bladder.

Not one to cause a upset I went along with the doctors advice until one day I had had enough of what that medication was doing to my body and I finally decided right there and then to return myself to wearing diapers instead of fighting my body and I haven't looked back since, I also have disabilities that make my life difficult for other people who don't know me to understand as in I have high functioning autisum and other learning difficulties which weren't diagnosed fully until I was nearly 2 years old now 35 coming on for 36 years of age next week on the 21st October which will be bitter sweet for me because October isn't a good month for me as I lost 2 good friends who died suddenly of cancer last year coupled with the anniversary of my Soulmate and paw pall's passing away in 2006 almost 12-13 years ago at the age of 13 &1/4 in dog years, freeway was my beloved soulmate and the reason my heart was so happy and when she got put down I was naturally devastated and still am all these years later, although she wasn't my dog technically as she belonged to a freinds family who I lodged with from 2001-2005 and I knew freeway for five wonderful years but I was all too short.

But getting back to the subject at hand I understand fully what your going through as I am in a similar uneasy hell myself although there is hope next year I go into care for my disabilities you see my relatives who are also my care providers are coming up to 70 years of age and although I have known them all of my life I don't want to burden them anymore so I have arranged to go into a more amibible situation with a charity called mencap who deel with disabled people who want to live independently in a house of there own but can't afford to buy one for themselves, they have also promised to be able to provide me with a paid job something I look forward to after being made redundant last year and being fired from my job through no fault of my own because of downsizing and also because of a natural disaster that prevented anyone from going to work as in the floods of 2015 which caused so much problems for the county I live in the united kingdom.

This coupled with episodes of ptsd following witnessing a serious road accident and death in 2010 of a friend who was killed by a drunken driver when he was hit by his car whilst strimming the grass for a voluntary job kind of left me with pycalogical scars and depression something I am trying to get some help with from a traind psychologist but thats for another blog another day.

However if I can get reassessed from a medical professional as being medically incontinent then perhaps I might be able to go back to being diapered 24/7 although I am not forcing myself to become that I am however trying to train myself to wear diapers more often this I out of necessity and not some urge although I do have somewhat of a inner child instead my mind but lets face it who doesn't nowadays as specially given my childhood years were cut too short by demands of other people in my life and also from constant bullying which has happened to me for all of my life but enough about my psychological state of mind.

If you need support you've got mine 100%, although if you need to talk to someone there is a website called http://www.wearing-adult-diapers.com

Yours sincerely

Chinababy888

Chinababy888 said:
No your not alone, I started having the same problems with incontinence when I turned 30 in 2010 six years ago and I am very well appreciative of the stigma surrounding a grown adult who has to wear diapers, I am also aware of how alien the whole concept feels you see I live with unsupportive relative's and I get a lot of stick for choosing this means of protection.

I also went against my doctors advice as he prescribed me with pills that made me allergic twice once for a drug I can't even pronounce and secondly with Vasicare which had the same effect, generally I have no quarrels with doctors but this one kind of got me upset as he suggested that it was all I my mind and that I was somehow wetting myself for attention which I totally not true, at the end of all the tests and by tests I mean hospital visits all they could diagnose me with was a weak bladder.

Not one to cause a upset I went along with the doctors advice until one day I had had enough of what that medication was doing to my body and I finally decided right there and then to return myself to wearing diapers instead of fighting my body and I haven't looked back since, I also have disabilities that make my life difficult for other people who don't know me to understand as in I have high functioning autisum and other learning difficulties which weren't diagnosed fully until I was nearly 2 years old now 35 coming on for 36 years of age next week on the 21st October which will be bitter sweet for me because October isn't a good month for me as I lost 2 good friends who died suddenly of cancer last year coupled with the anniversary of my Soulmate and paw pall's passing away in 2006 almost 12-13 years ago at the age of 13 &1/4 in dog years, freeway was my beloved soulmate and the reason my heart was so happy and when she got put down I was naturally devastated and still am all these years later, although she wasn't my dog technically as she belonged to a freinds family who I lodged with from 2001-2005 and I knew freeway for five wonderful years but I was all too short.

But getting back to the subject at hand I understand fully what your going through as I am in a similar uneasy hell myself although there is hope next year I go into care for my disabilities you see my relatives who are also my care providers are coming up to 70 years of age and although I have known them all of my life I don't want to burden them anymore so I have arranged to go into a more amibible situation with a charity called mencap who deel with disabled people who want to live independently in a house of there own but can't afford to buy one for themselves, they have also promised to be able to provide me with a paid job something I look forward to after being made redundant last year and being fired from my job through no fault of my own because of downsizing and also because of a natural disaster that prevented anyone from going to work as in the floods of 2015 which caused so much problems for the county I live in the united kingdom.

This coupled with episodes of ptsd following witnessing a serious road accident and death in 2010 of a friend who was killed by a drunken driver when he was hit by his car whilst strimming the grass for a voluntary job kind of left me with pycalogical scars and depression something I am trying to get some help with from a traind psychologist but thats for another blog another day.

However if I can get reassessed from a medical professional as being medically incontinent then perhaps I might be able to go back to being diapered 24/7 although I am not forcing myself to become that I am however trying to train myself to wear diapers more often this I out of necessity and not some urge although I do have somewhat of a inner child instead my mind but lets face it who doesn't nowadays as specially given my childhood years were cut too short by demands of other people in my life and also from constant bullying which has happened to me for all of my life but enough about my psychological state of mind.

If you need support you've got mine 100%, although if you need to talk to someone there is a website called http://www.wearing-adult-diapers.com

Yours sincerely

Chinababy888

I am so sorry that you have gone through some very hard times. I can't imagine dealing with losing a friend the way you have.

I am on so much medication as it is, for Asthma and Dairy Allergy and a Diuretic for PCOS. The last thing I need is more medications to help me with my Frequent Urination issue. I don't consider myself having incontinence. The last time I wet the bed was a few years ago and that was a one off thing.

My main issue has been waking up in the middle of the night to pee. This has caused me to be exhausted in the morning and struggling to focus while driving. During the day I excuse myself far too many times to use the bathroom. On average I use the bathroom 5 to 7 times during a 8 hour shift at work. It interrupts me from the task I am working on. People have suggested that I wear diapers during the day to alleviate my need for the restroom as much.

I think there are a few situations during the day that diapers would help me. Like going to the movies without having to get up in the middle to pee. Or when I am at a crowded event and there is a line to use the bathroom. Or when flying on a plane.

My main issue with wearing diapers is that I feel embarrassed. I panic at the thought of someone figuring out that I am wearing a diaper. I am not a ABDL and don't share the feelings that others have towards that community. I don't judge and I don't have a negative opinion either.

iam32bit I have the same problem as you . I take 80 in the morning and 8o at night furosemide. I was doing good for 8 months but now I'm wetting ar night and some day wetting. I use heavy thick cloth diapers at night and thinner cloth diaper during day. I need the diuretics for swelling legs so either take the needs and control the swelling and bigger problems or take the meds and bigger health problems. The last month has been getting more promatic as it has gotten worse. I use nothing but cloth diapers and when I go out I use lighter diaper and if necessary a double day diaper or diaper with doubler. It's rare that I have leaks but I don.t let diapers hold me back. I go out every day diapered and live my life.

so am I reading this right, someone actually ran into a medication tha causes loss of bladder control?

bambinod said:
so am I reading this right, someone actually ran into a medication tha causes loss of bladder control?

No, my medication is known to increase urine production. This has caused me to need to use the bathroom more than 10 times a day.

I started wearing diapers at night to let me stay in bed. I wake up, use my diaper and fall back to sleep. I have become more and more comfortable using my diaper.

I ordered samples of Molicare Super Plus to try for daytime wear. It should be coming today!

- - - Updated - - -

Padded1 said:
iam32bit I have the same problem as you . I take 80 in the morning and 8o at night furosemide. I was doing good for 8 months but now I'm wetting ar night and some day wetting. I use heavy thick cloth diapers at night and thinner cloth diaper during day. I need the diuretics for swelling legs so either take the needs and control the swelling and bigger problems or take the meds and bigger health problems. The last month has been getting more promatic as it has gotten worse. I use nothing but cloth diapers and when I go out I use lighter diaper and if necessary a double day diaper or diaper with doubler. It's rare that I have leaks but I don.t let diapers hold me back. I go out every day diapered and live my life.

I am on 200mg of Spironolactone myself. I wish I didn't need diapers, but they do help manage my need for the bathroom. I love not having to rush home while driving to pee. Stuck at a stop light, just use the diaper. Diapers have really helped me, however... I still feel embarrassed.

What is the quietest Plastic Backed Diaper?

iam32bit said:
No, my medication is known to increase urine production. This has caused me to need to use the bathroom more than 10 times a day.

Ahhh, a diuretic, okay, we've seen a nuber of those here.

bambinod said:
Ahhh, a diuretic, okay, we've seen a nuber of those here.

Do you think wearing a diaper to manage the constant need for a bathroom is a good idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you have a couple of choices :
1. Live with the knowledge you are going to have accidents because you did nothing for it .
2. Suck it up and wear a diaper to manage the problem or a worse option a cath which one do you want?

Sure living with incontinence is hard! For crying out loud enough is enough !

The benefits outweigh the negatives .
Sure you will have the costs of the Diapers and everything associated with them we all have to deal with that.
But come on now would you rather be diapered and safe then ruin your employers furniture ? or yours? or your car seats ? look at the cost of those lately ?
Now with you diapered you will have a better quality of life Over time you will not give a damn what others think!
You have even said yourself you sleep better with a diaper on just look at what would happen if you had one on during the day .

I am about over this discussion here ! seems like this is a merry go around discussion !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back