Not open for further replies.

AllieKat101

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
Hi, I'm new here. I'm sure questions like this have been asked before, but I wanted to go ahead and post.

This might seem like a silly question, given how this works, but are there ways to be cleaner about wetting?

I started wearing Goodnites because of bladder problems, then it became a comfort thing......and then I kind of fell in love with diapers lol

I honestly want to trying wetting, but the only times in the past I've wet my Goodnites has been because of bladder issues, and I've either run to the shower right afterwards or I've woken up like that and taken a shower.

I'm really really interested in wetting and being able to enjoy it, but I'm also afraid of the mess involved. Are there cleaner ways to try wetting/deal with it? I'm planning on having a lot of baby wipes ready to go, but I'm interested in hearing any other advice.

Thanks!

haha, I just got done reading your intro, to quote "NEAT.FREAK."

so i was amused at your thread topic.

if your worried about urine skin contact and clean up, using vaseline or something similar is a great way.

urine will be repelled from your skin by the vaseline, beading and sliding off your skin, leaving cleaning that much easier.

it will also go a good ways to preventing diaper rash. I'm not sure what else you can really do as an alternative, aside from simulating wetting with warm water?

MommyandMattling said:
haha, I just got done reading your intro, to quote "NEAT.FREAK."

so i was amused at your thread topic.

if your worried about urine skin contact and clean up, using vaseline or something similar is a great way.

urine will be repelled from your skin by the vaseline, beading and sliding off your skin, leaving cleaning that much easier.

it will also go a good ways to preventing diaper rash. I'm not sure what else you can really do as an alternative, aside from simulating wetting with warm water?

Heh yeah. I'm bad, everything HAS to be organized with me, and I feel gross if I don't get a chance to at least make my bed every morning.......so yeah lol. I can't help but wonder if that's part of what got me so interested in this, simply because it's the complete opposite.

But those are good tips.

Do you think it's important that you shower right after wetting?

I dont, I really really dont. I think its good to wipe with wet wipes though, its like a mini shower, use 2-3 wet wipes, then a dry wipe if you want to dry off.

BUT if its what makes you feel safe and happy, whos to argue?

If you are worried about cleanliness, being hairless in your nethers cant hurt. no moisture clinging to hair.

AllieKat101 said:
I started wearing Goodnites because of bladder problems, then it became a comfort thing......and then I kind of fell in love with diapers lol

I honestly want to trying wetting,
I'm really really interested in wetting and being able to enjoy it, but I'm also afraid of the mess involved. Are there cleaner ways to try wetting/deal with it? I'm planning on having a lot of baby wipes ready to go, but I'm interested in hearing any other advice.

Hello & welcome Allie.

Sounds like we both got our start the same way, needing them first, coming to like them later, lol.

Yes, baby wipes are your best friend, lol. And like others mentioned, less hair = less hassle.
Goodnites are good, but not great & will probably leak if you go a lot all at once.
If you want to try wetting them voluntarily without added cleanup & to save you time, I suggest doing it in the shower. lol.
This way you get to do it, get to find out for yourself how much they really hold & you won't feel bad if they leak.

Also shaving your pubic hair helps too.

I use pleanty of sudocreme each time I change which keeps nappy rash to a minimum.

Maybe using bigger nappies would also help as they absorb more so your skin stays more dry for longer time. :)

INCONTAL said:
Also shaving your pubic hair helps too.

"Shave every day and you'll always look clean!" :eek:ldguy:

[video=youtube;cTdPJR-2fh4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTdPJR-2fh4[/video]

Shave and use powder. Hair gets wet and catches odours, so not having it is the easiest way to avoid that. Powder sucks up moisture, so that a lot less of it gets on your skin - it comes off when the powder does.

NenaNena said:
Maybe using bigger nappies would also help as they absorb more so your skin stays more dry for longer time. :)

I agree the Alvita all in ones I got recently absorb so much and I feel relatively dry. Only downside is they are more noticeable under my trousers but hey you can't have everything.

I always used a barrier cream, clean thoroughly with plenty of wet wipes and use talc to protect my skin. I normally shower between changes if I'm having a day at home and Ive either had to sit in a wet diaper for a while, or been messy.

tiny said:
No waaaaay! I've been singing it wrong for years! :laugh:

I just looked up the original by Benny Bell, and it's much easier to hear that the lyric is "keen".

Thanks for correcting me! Heh. A lesser-spotted Mondegreen!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondegreen

"Shaaaaving cream, be nice and clean, shave every day and you'll always look keen!"

(a former dementoid)

I agree with the shaving and Vaseline. I use A&D though.

I can't believe I'm actually about to say this online but.....I just keep reading all these replies

I've actually never shaved before.......down there

This is the first time I've ever even really thought about doing that. The thought of even doing that makes me feel nervous. Does it really help?

AllieKat101 said:
I can't believe I'm actually about to say this online but.....I just keep reading all these replies

I've actually never shaved before.......down there

This is the first time I've ever even really thought about doing that. The thought of even doing that makes me feel nervous. Does it really help?

Now that you are thinking about it, if you ever decide to do it, expect to hate it for the first week or so. It feels very strange after being hairy. I think it's well worth it but you have to get over that initial irritation.

I know it's more common for girls to do it than guys. I don't know if this is just making me sound super innocent, but I've just never thought to do it. I've been told it burns afterwards. But, it does sound like it would be cleaner.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back