MTV's True Life Adult Baby Episode Airs 10/26/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
MickeyM said:
I picked up a copy of this. As I expected, I couldn't watch it all without cringing.
While there needs to be more recognition for our community, I didnt feel this "mockumentary" really did it any more justice then any other adult baby episodes done.

One of the segments focuses on how some guy in TN is going to give it all up to go live with some random "Daddy"
While It didnt go into more detail about the relationship, on the surface I felt that this is portraying a negative image about "us" as being, impulsive and reckless. (Implies not thinking the dangers through)
Who knows what motives this guy has for wanting to take in an adult baby.

The other focuses on some girl, who also has some other kinks too. I'm less critical on this segment, she made some good points about getting away from abuse, and being herself.
I don't think many people could fault her, as compared to the other guy mentioned above.

And the last segment, of course. While I feel "Mitchy" was not too obnoxious about the whole situation, as a viewer and part of the community, I felt uneasy about a lot of the play segments, as well as some of the naked shots (yes, only a diaper is naked).
As this is his thread, I'll just leave it there. I mean, maybe I'm just afraid of the possible repercussions and negative views any possible portion of the episode might bring.
Though, I'm not sure what else could be said that has not really already been said in the thread, but, the types of media that would help get good word about "us" would be more of an academic and holistic approach, not an MTV kink-like approach to focus on ratings.

One thing to keep in mind is that we've only watched a few minutes of these people's lives. So while it may look strange and impulsive for that one guy to go live with the other two, most likely it wasn't, and I think it kind of shows that it wasn't to be honest.

I think that from all of the tv shows about abdl, this is probably the best and the less judgemental I've watched.

Of course, other people watching are still going to be judgemental, but that's on them. We can't live constantly worrying about what others think.

Also, to Mitchy, I identified more with you as well. To the others it seemed to imply some sort of easily identified childhood trauma that caused it, which is not my case or yours and it also it didn't seemed like it was a sexual kink to you. Although I do get aroused most of the time when in diapers, the focus or interest, is not on any sexual activity, it's instead just about regressing and feeling little.

DaddyD said:
Hey there,

That's cool that you got chosen for the episode. We're a Daddy/Babygirl couple that was also interviewed for the show, so we are glad to see they chose someone. Personally, I'm still worried they're going to turn this episode into another freakshow though after watching your Labyrinth Magic Diaper Dance video. Being an AB is a bit more than just crotch shot pictures in diapers. I hope MTV understands that and does their best to portray the AB side of the lifestyle in a positive light. So many times, it seems like they try to focus on the DL's who are the easiest targets such as Pamperchu. We would like to finally see a decent AB representative get our message out to the public similar to BinkiePrincess.

I can't help but feel that this quote was very biased towards the Daddy/babygirl lifestyle, as there really is no difference between what male ABDLs do and female ABDLs do. Pamperchu isn't a DL to my knowledge; his lifestyle involves the exact same behavior as binkieprincess, albeit characterized by a difference of chromosomes.

- - - Updated - - -

And as far as the episode itself features; I really can't help but feel it was edited to portray us in a falsely lonely and tragic lens; with a sweeping broad notion. It felt as though the editing staff had one mission: emulating how hard it is to find "love" as an adult baby. I'm certain there were some positive cuts, but for the most part, it showcased one participant's friends all agitated for his impending absence to go live with his Daddy (Robert), Mitchy's struggles with his wife/mommy, and Pottycakes's abuse story; as well as her own alienation away from her peers due to the diapers. It made us seem like a conglomeration of damaged goods/formerly abused people, which I'm sure was no fault to the participants at all; but simply an ugly by-product of yellow journalism engineered to drive the ratings up.

Bottom line... there's nothing more special or fascinating about an adult that spends their life in diapers. Its more common than we would ever know, as most diaper manufacturers boast discreetness as their winning marketing aspect. Nearly 1/3rd of registered numbers browse for "Diapers" or feature it as a fetish on "Fetlife", and upon the millions of members enrolled, that's huge. In my own personal experience, when I've spilled the beans, my results were universally accepting and positive. For my first initial years, I always thought my affinity for diapers could be attributed to abuse, but that is simply not the case. So its of human nature to assume negative childhood experiences would shape the fetish in latter years, and why an amateur documentary collective would want to steer the footage in that direction. As a straw-grasping effort to make it all captivating.

So I apologize to the people who ventured out there thinking positive would come of it; those who aren't throwing a customary round of ridicule in our direction, as what comes with media exposure, are kind of viewing us as sympathy projects or social science experiments. Sigh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back