MTV's True Life Adult Baby Episode Airs 10/26/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they did an amazing job as well very well planned and thought out the whole was in my own opinion not a "circus act" waiting to ruin the community like coughs "TLC" coughs.

They really put thought behind it and held to their guns of making it from the real life point of view in other words they didn't make all about being AB/DL they focused on other aspects of your lives.

somethings I liked was how they showed you in little one part of the episode and the other they showed you and your wife having an adult conversation talking about things and you were not in little space that was great.

I am just so glad it all turned out great and your music video was wonderful Mitch.

Btw I also loved in the episode how with the other guy they showed how he was happy with himself where he was living at but then decided to make the move to a different place to be even happier.

all in all it was a really great episode showing the true side of AB/DL without leaving out the adult side of things too.

It's weird guys, what are your opinions?

I honestly felt a bit like the black sheep on the episode. I mean, it got me out there so people can find me / get more exposure / reach more people.

But people see the wacky side and miss completely stuff like Lost And Found and the positive messages I try to put out there.

[video=youtube;vw3t849AVto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw3t849AVto[/video]

Thoughts?

BluefireJay05 said:
not a "circus act" waiting to ruin the community like coughs "TLC" coughs.

What does this mean ? TLC ?

SquishyTushy said:
What does this mean ? TLC ?

The TV channel TLC.

BabyMitchy said:
It's weird guys, what are your opinions?

I honestly felt a bit like the black sheep on the episode. I mean, it got me out there so people can find me / get more exposure / reach more people.

But people see the wacky side and miss completely stuff like Lost And Found and the positive messages I try to put out there.

I watched the episode, and I actually liked and related to your story better than the other ones. I felt like yours showed both sides of your life... not just your little side. I thought you came off as more of a "regular guy" (as much as we can be regular :) ).

For me, I didn't have a traumatic childhood. I still have a fantastic relationship with my parents and I can't think of any event that lead to me being this way. I'm still not comfortable with this side of myself. I've always been a closeted DL, but never really considered myself an AB. The more I am around this site and learning (such as your YouTube videos), I'm realizing there might be a slight "little" side to me, too.

I thought you came across quite well, BabyMitchy. I appreciated your honesty and candor. Both my wife and I watched, and she concentrated more on the show than almost any other show she watches. I think it gave her a little more insight as to where my mind might be. She did think that all three interviewees were a bit extreme, though you were probably the least. I explained that it was because the three of you were out of the closet, so to speak. I did think your situation was much more like mine. My wife will participate a little, but I haven't really asked her to.

I thought the show did a remarkable job to not make any judgement, which was refreshing. Of course, people watching the show will, but who cares as their opinions will remain with them rather than on social media.

I wondered how your wife felt about being part of the broadcast? I hope the two of you can work out whatever tensions may exist. It's not easy to have these feelings and know that sooner or later, people such as ourselves will have to act on them. I know I have to and would be miserable if I couldn't.

Found a quick link with google, wanted to pay on amazon, they don't want Canadian credit cards or gift cards, they say I should go to amazon.ca that doesn't offer the show, google is very friendly to find it if you know what to look for, can't tell how, it would break rules here.

I found the episode on YouTube if anyone wants to watch it. Love your part in it Mitchy

I don't know if it would be breaking the rules if I post it here

dogboy said:
I thought the show did a remarkable job to not make any judgement, which was refreshing. Of course, people watching the show will, but who cares as their opinions will remain with them rather than on social media.

I think this hit the nail on the head. One guy said I came off looking the worst in a comment and I let it get into my head.

Edit: I thought I was immune to this but apparently I am not!

Now that I finally could watch it, its the first time I see a show that doesn't make fun of AB/DL in any ways. And in my research, it looks like True Life already did some episodes with AB/DL in the past, I'll have to dig if I can find them out and watch them.

BabyMitchy said:
I think this hit the nail on the head. One guy said I came off looking the worst in a comment and I let it get into my head.

Edit: I thought I was immune to this but apparently I am not!

For what it's worth, I thought you looked the most like us on ADISC, and we're probably the more conservative of the AB/DLs. I can understand how mean comments can get in your head. I've had them on this site a long time ago, and I found that they aren't worth the energy getting upset over. Haters gotta hate and they're the one with major problems. We're a pretty loving, gentle group. Imagine what the world would be like if it was populated by people like ourselves. Yeah, the landfills would be overwhelmed, but there would be no wars, murder: all the bad things, just diapers. I can live with that.

I guess I'm more concerned the backlash into your life that may happen.
I was a little weirded out the one daddy with two babys.It seemed like the guy that moved had a little drinking problem.
Do those two guy's work .

The bondage stuff is not my thing at all.
We can be so deferent and yet the same.
My GF said some things are not in her comfort zone so she saw your wife's side more.
She does not participate in me being little like yours does.
I felt you and your wife's struggle as it has to be a compromise of you both she need's her prince time also a balance so to speak.
Whats in it for her that's why it's so hard when you have an ab/dl.
We can be so demanding some times not seeing it.
It can be to much me me me.
Not what can I do for you.
Now I understand that in 30 some minutes we can't get a good reference into what's going on in your lives to short of time.
I just hope you will be ok now you are out there.
It's one thing to be on youtube but tv hope there is not a witch hunt time will tell.
Not something I would do for shure.
You take care michey.

Last edited:
not sure why anyone would want to put such personal stuff out there like that. I don't see how anything positive could ever come from it.

Mikejames, I believe it comes from the idea of once you know it's there, then after a while it becomes 'normal' in its presence.

silentdreamer1996 said:
Mikejames, I believe it comes from the idea of once you know it's there, then after a while it becomes 'normal' in its presence.

eh to each their own. Seems like a good way to screw up your life to me.

mikejames said:
eh to each their own. Seems like a good way to screw up your life to me.

This probably does apply to most people in general but not to me. I don't recommend that people do what I do.

But I do what I do. do wah do wah. I do what I do. doobie doobie doo oh oh oh ooooooohhhhhhhh hooooooo oooooo ooooooooo

I think you fail to realize how many others feel alienated and alone in liking diapers. I can tell you I've helped at least one person in doing what I do. (I've probably helped hundreds or more who knows learn to accept themselves.)

Some, a rare few, would actually let the mental turmoil bubble into suicide.

So, Mikejames, when you ask why someone would do this, and I can honestly say with certainty I have accomplished the above ( 1 person minimum helped. ) I can conclude that what I do is worth doing.

I picked up a copy of this. As I expected, I couldn't watch it all without cringing.
While there needs to be more recognition for our community, I didnt feel this "mockumentary" really did it any more justice then any other adult baby episodes done.

One of the segments focuses on how some guy in TN is going to give it all up to go live with some random "Daddy"
While It didnt go into more detail about the relationship, on the surface I felt that this is portraying a negative image about "us" as being, impulsive and reckless. (Implies not thinking the dangers through)
Who knows what motives this guy has for wanting to take in an adult baby.

The other focuses on some girl, who also has some other kinks too. I'm less critical on this segment, she made some good points about getting away from abuse, and being herself.
I don't think many people could fault her, as compared to the other guy mentioned above.

And the last segment, of course. While I feel "Mitchy" was not too obnoxious about the whole situation, as a viewer and part of the community, I felt uneasy about a lot of the play segments, as well as some of the naked shots (yes, only a diaper is naked).
As this is his thread, I'll just leave it there. I mean, maybe I'm just afraid of the possible repercussions and negative views any possible portion of the episode might bring.
Though, I'm not sure what else could be said that has not really already been said in the thread, but, the types of media that would help get good word about "us" would be more of an academic and holistic approach, not an MTV kink-like approach to focus on ratings.

Hi all.

Being in the UK I have not see the program. That being said I really do admire those of us that are willing to go and social media and say this is me. This is my lifestyle. OK it is alternative but this is the joy it brings. I know if you invite an adult to play and they fell safe in playing they will.

Yes I get it why would anybody wear diapers if they weren't incontinent. Well we/I do. For richer or poorer. That same with sucking a pasifer unless you do it you don't understand.

But Mitchy and Rayn as it says in Spider-Man. ' With great power comes great responsibility." You have put your self out there. When a TB is researching why they still feel the way they feel. And going through all sorts of stuff. It you guys they will come across on YouTube. Remember a TB can not join our community until they are 18 so they are left with things like Tumbler and you tube.

But I know it as helped many people.

ThankQ

Sisi

Judging by how many ABU diapers were in the background of many scenes, I kind of wonder if people reached out to ABU to supply them with diapers in return of advertising on a popular network :p

Sheepies said:
Judging by how many ABU diapers were in the background of many scenes, I kind of wonder if people reached out to ABU to supply them with diapers in return of advertising on a popular network :p

From what I see locally and online, they're the pretty clear favorite of US ABDLs. I can't really argue at this point, although I'm glad of competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back