MTV's True Life Adult Baby Episode Airs 10/26/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
SpAzpieSweeTot said:

I'm really sorry Mitchy's Diaper Safety Dance video was your first impression of him. That's just his goofiness showing, and it took him a while to get to the point where he could do that. He's also done videos about what our wants and needs might be, although he acknowledges we're not all the same. He's done videos on balance and self-acceptance. He's the reason I'm here at all.

I'm not doubting that he's done some good stuff for the community, and I am glad to hear he's helped some people in their lives. I'm just worried at the potential impact this could have on the community as a whole. When the media focuses their attention on our lifestyle, they tend to pick the absolute worst things we do and make that the focal point of the discussion. It doesn't matter how many good things you do for people, or how innocent your other videos are. If you make one or two questionable videos, the public will latch onto that and it will drag the reputation of the entire AB/DL community down along with it.

If you don't believe me, just look at anyone who criticized any of the AB's that were on TV before. When the story breaks, droves of people are driven to that persons YouTube channel or other social media outlets. Many of them with ill intentions that will leave everything from simple hateful comments to death threats on those pages.

I'm sorry to hear you're having those thoughts Mitchy and hope you feel better soon. This wasn't meant to be a rant against you, I'm just genuinely worried for how MTV is going to take this and spin it. If you're this worried about it though or you're having these thoughts, I sincerely suggest you don't read the comments people leave you on your videos after the episode airs. The comments people left Stanley and Jess were absolutely despicable. If you're low on confidence, ignore all the hateful comments.

DaddyD said:
I'm just worried at the potential impact this could have on the community as a whole. When the media focuses their attention on our lifestyle, they tend to pick the absolute worst things we do and make that the focal point of the discussion. It doesn't matter how many good things you do for people, or how innocent your other videos are. If you make one or two questionable videos, the public will latch onto that and it will drag the reputation of the entire AB/DL community down along with it.

There's an AB/DL community?! And it has a reputation?!

I wonder how the reputation of the white-skinned community has been damaged when people hear the stupid things Donald Trump says...? Or maybe it's affected the male community more... or the American community... or the reality TV-show star community?

Or... maybe people are individuals and no one with any sense would judge one white man for the actions of another white man. :p

I just can't see what difference it makes what random muggles think about AB/DLs. It's not something that ever comes up in day-to-day conversation. And there's no reason to listen to anyone stupid enough to look at one person and assume that everyone with similar attributes (say, being AB/DL, white, male, whatever) should think and behave identically.

I mean... even if Mitchy is portrayed in a bad light, no one is going to assume that you are the same person as him. That'd be crazy.

[video=youtube_share;2srDSYdGhQ0]https://youtu.be/2srDSYdGhQ0[/video]

This is a spoiler free announcement video. I think I handle myself well in not saying things that MTV would not approve but still this is my opinion, not the opinions of MTV, I am sure you guys know the drill.

Once the episode airs I will explain some things you guys may not understand my little attitudes because I clammed up so I need to explain it. Sometimes kids are easy to read, sometimes they clam up and keep things inside.

I don't feel it's appropriate to discuss until after the episode airs. And of course the music video also. I probably will upload that on the 26th, why not?

Filmed in Pennsylvania at the Reading Pagoda.

3 more days!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!! I'M FREAKING OUT MAN!!!!!

:laugh:

[video=youtube_share;aRklXqYmzPg]https://youtu.be/aRklXqYmzPg[/video]

Burn Tonight.

In a world filled with Normality, one person who happens to be...

::coughs::

Flaming

Comes forth to spread an infection... of happiness.

Accepting that you don't have to be normal like everybody else.

Be different.

I'll be at work when it airs but I'll catch the replay later at night

Hey Tommy! =)
Thanks!! hehe....

(I am capable of singing this song but this was approved for use and did not contain a non-vocal track.)

- - - Updated - - -

I think too many people belittle me. I am willing to give up everything for what I believe in.

love and acceptance.

I will die for this.......
....Happily.

Apparently this thing is live now... If only I knew how to work my parent's TV

edit: If someone could post their impression of this it would be nice, since I don't know if I can view it.

edit2: The TV says I'm not subscribed to MTV, so if someone could tell me if they did it right that would be nice.

The online version isn't up yet. They must delay it a few days before posting it online; most networks do.

Was going to watch it, but my dish isn't getting signal

BabyMitchy said:
[video=youtube_share;aRklXqYmzPg]https://youtu.be/aRklXqYmzPg[/video]

Burn Tonight.

In a world filled with Normality, one person who happens to be...

::coughs::

Flaming

Comes forth to spread an infection... of happiness.

Accepting that you don't have to be normal like everybody else.

Be different.

Woah! You're so good at singing!

I thought MTV surprisingly did a good job as they didn't just focus on the fetish side they made all 3 of y'all look good to people not in the community (unlike TLC in my opinion) though I did find the bumper for the episode before it came on (during Real World to be a little awkward P.S. It didn't feature anybody from the episode but I guess it's a way to try to keep RW watchers tuned in :p) but all together I thought that it was a good episode along with your music video

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Another thing I was thinking in my head was ABU has to loving the free advertising :p

The director is a really great guy. He wasn't trying to turn it into a circus act. If it had to be like that I doubt he would have taken on the job.

A ton of stuff was filmed - interviews etc. that were sadly cut entirely.

Over-all I was happy with it.

- - - Updated - - -

I see it's on Amazon at the bottom. $2.99.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MCYNGCG?ref_=imdbref_tt_wbr_aiv&tag=imdbtag_tt_wbr_aiv-20

Just letting people know. I may even wind up buying it that way.

Some people have been critical on my segment on the show and I feel it's due to parts that are missing. full interviews of my friends are not shown at all. A lot of positive things were said on my end that were sadly not able to fit on the episode apparently. I don't think it's terrible but I come off a bit more negative with my relationship than is actually true.

[video=youtube;Sf13U1u2OI8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf13U1u2OI8[/video]

This is the best and most balanced portrayal of ABDL I have seen yet.

I like that it showed the 'adult' side of those in the show as well as the little side.

My little side is an important part of myself but still just a part.

Even when I had a room with a nursery, I was still also an adult with tats who drives and used chainsaws.

I hope the show will educate others that people like myself can be both little when appropriate but also functioning adults in the rest of their lives.

Thank you BabyMitchy for your courage to take part in creating a balanced view of ABDL.

Can't wait to see the full episode.
The clip was really nice and showed an unbiased view on the ABDL lifestyle.

Unlike.... TLC ...

I will admit that that was not nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be. I wasn't crazy about how ABDL was portrayed, but I'm happy that they're essentially the only show that showcases ABDL in any way that remotely resembles neutral. Good job MTV.

First, babymitchy, I am glad your back ^_^ I missed you, and love your videos on youtube! Your song dreamer is also really good as well....

but to stay on topic, I wanted to see this episode, but read it on this forumn for the first time a day late. I would have stayed up despite my sleep deprivation on that day just so I could say that I saw an AB documentery on TV (But I have a feeling it will be like all the others, showing the wrong side of it, or making fun of it...) I would have been interested to find out. If I find the episode online, I would watch it in a heartbeat.

Hey thanks Brandon! Technically I just saw the whole thing on Youtube but It's not appropriate for me to point at it. My friend apparently watched it free on some sort of thin called project free tv also. I just did it legit paying for it. It felt the most appropriate.

MTV "News" True Life Update.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2946824/true-life-update-adult-baby-robert-pacifier/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back