amonia from wet diapers. health hazard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
i can be lazy and not dispose of my wet diapers for up to two weeks sometimes. the smell doesn't really bother me and usualy goes away after a few days then i forget about having diapers to dispose.

but there was a time where my mother went in my room against my will again and asked why my room smells like amonia. i got away saying i was doing science earlier and then she told me to be more careful because amonia is a health hazard.

so now im wondering if breathing in the amonia from wet diapers could be harmful to my health. should i stop being lazy or am i gonna be okay if i breathe the diaper air all night?

I know I've gagged a few times in the past when I realized some really old wet diapers ended up on the floor of my closet,

That's not a good idea, it could be hazardous to your health and your mom is suspicious now. She already knows to put things bluntly!

I dispose of my diapers about once a day or twice if I messed. Open your window too for a good hour and your room will smell fresh. I don't know how long it's going to take with you but you deserve a fresher room than that!

Angelic said:
That's not a good idea, it could be hazardous to your health and your mom is suspicious now. She already knows to put things bluntly!

I dispose of my diapers about once a day or twice if I messed. Open your window too for a good hour and your room will smell fresh. I don't know how long it's going to take with you but you deserve a fresher room than that!

i do keep the window open most of the time when there are wet diapers under my bed. i can tolerate the smell to some extent but i have my limits too.

btw i once kept a messy diaper in my room for almost a week and the smell was really weird. it wasn't the typical fart stench as you'd expect. instead it smelled like something completely different that i just can't describe. eventually i got sick of that weird smell and disposed of every dirty diaper

That's even worse! How did you put up with it!?

- - - Updated - - -

Btw you need to get rid of those wet diapers!

That's absolutely a health hazard. Too much of that can damage your throat and respiratory tract. At this rate there's no doubt you'll be caught.

Seriously friend you really have to clean more often. If you can't take them out consider buying an incontinence pail or Diaper Genie type product.
I have one (Litter Genie) for my cat and they're really something special. Can have dirty cat litter sitting in there for weeks and won't smell a thing.

You mentioned you have the windows open most of the time. Consider pointing a fan facing outside to increase the ventilation.

Last edited:
I read a post yesterday in another thread, where someone did not have their trash picked up very often, and he adjusted and got into the habit of disposing of things at a gas station on the way to work, at work, or another place he was able to drop off a plastic bag of trash at a time. is there anywhere on your daily routine you can do little drop offs like this to get rid of your trash? you can invest in some mini black trash bags for more privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back