Thread: ..... I feel

Unhappy ..... I feel

Lonely and depressed.

Like emo. I miss my ex-girlfriend. She broke up with me in December, because she said it wouldn't work.

I am now unable to meet any new people and online ended up deleting a few people from Myspace.

What should I do to meet new people? Note that school at least mine, is not a good place to meet new people due to it being small and the majority of people being the kind of people I do not wish to associate with.

baby kiffer

You mentioned in your profile that you like working with your hands...maybe you could find some time to volunteer for Habitat for Humanity or any other extracurricular/volunteering activities?

I volunteer at the hospital every week, and I meet many new people. Of course, quite a bit of them are sick and far older than me, but I also meet many nurses and other staff members. Generally, I don't meet many students.

Look into other clubs in your area, or just walk around the mall (if you have one nearby, though I assume there would be many of your classmates there). could even start a club!

Or pick up an instrument and join a band?
    (easier said than done, doesn't matter what you decide to play, any instrument requires a large amount of time and effort to play well...not to mention the money required to buy and maintain the instrument, not including lessons)
    I am sure there are some more things you could do to meet people.

Write down a list of all the things you like to do, then see if you can find any of them in the community!

I don't want to seem pessimist here, but even if things turn out for the worst, it seems like you'll be going to college in just a year-ish? College can be a point of starting over, so just keep that in mind that you always have that to look roward to.

As for making new friends now, though, just have condfidence and be yourself. Teenage years (I would know) are hard, and especially if you're not a completely shallow tool, it often seems hard to find good friends that actually care about you.

I agree with baby kifter. Find things that you enjoy doing or would like to get involved in and try to find things like that. There's something out there for everyone.

All of that doesn't sound normal for a teenage boy to you?

This is the price most people have and most likely will pay while dating in high school. Life isn't as perfect as high school musical, hench the lack of random dance numbers in life.

Its not dating.
    Its the whole thing, but indeed it does feel like I am not going to be able to meet new people. My school has a large population of people who would be considered juvenile delinquents.

I do not want to associate with these people.

And if I did meet someone, what would be a good way to start a conversation with a random person?

If I knew this, then I think I would have no problems meeting new people. But I find it kind of hard to talk to new people if I have never seem them before usually end up waiting until those people talk to me before I can talk to them. It is not that i am shy but it is that I am worried what those people might think of me, I am not the kind of person who makes a good first impression. Usually I am thought of as creepy and strange, people do not want to be around me. But I am quite the opposite, yet I have no way to prove it.

Any suggestions?

Maybe I can help with conversation starters, as I would talk to a brick wall if it would talk back.

Make quick eye contact. If someone will do that with you and give you half of a smile, then they will most likely speak back to you after you say something. Then say something. Almost anything will work. "How ya doing?" works well for me.

I have 2 tattoos, one on each wrist. If someone notices them and says something about them that will automatically start a conversation with me.

I've even been know to talk to the "creepy" guys. lol There are people that would love to have a conversation if someone would just show a little interest. A tiny bit of confidence can go a long way. You can do it. And if you need to talk...holler at me.

First of all, get off of myspace. Second of all, practice absentminded smiling.