• Size Small

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Size Medium

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Size Large

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Size Extra Large

• Do you think there is enough market to sell to abdl in mass quantities?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayJack

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Hi everyone,

Short story first, I've been searching all over the net, there are a few ABDL websites that sell baby clothes but most of them are too costly for %80 of the population. I am guessing. At least I don't believe I am alone in this. My favorite site is privatina and for a onesie I'm looking at at least $100 because it's custom designed and with shipping to north america it breaks my wallet. I've never been able to find an affordable site. Have you?

Now back to the present

I recently been in contact with a few clothing manufacturers from around the world about designing baby clothes in adult sizes. This is where i need your help on what to mass produce first. Every article of clothing I order I will have to sell and need your input what is most desired. I would make everything if I could but have to order a minimum of 100 pieces per size. So I want your help to get me started. What baby clothes do you dream of owning that you can't afford from those custom made sites? Also what Specifications do you want added and please share any ideas of your own.

Your help would be great.

Currently the only thing I ordered a 100 pieces of a rear zip onesie with locking slider in medium. 99 of them will be sold once I get them.

the only thing I would say is with onesies and rompers and anything with elasticated the legs, be sure to use wide soft elastics. I think that is my only criticism of things I have bought, is they use the same narrow elastic you find on true baby sized clothing. And it can be uncomfortable.

Well,

I actually own a custom clothing company...almost all vanilla products...

It's currently shut down after being laid up for some time, and still am...will startup again once I am able to keep things in check again, had theft, and orders misplaced, and worse!

Anyhow, I'm my own opinion there are two sides you can compete on, price or quality.

I used to have lots of China and India products coming in for resale...

Just be very careful with vendors, and contracts, as overseas the rules are different!

I wish you all the success in the world!

I like the look of the Awwsocute footie pajamas with the snap closures and all. $50+ is a little high though (factoring in shipping is closer to $60+)

Halloween costumes

Babykins has 9 different onesies from $35. to $45.00 and they are made good. They do not rip you off on shipping. Forever Lazy has sleepers, they look well made for starting $35.00. Thinking about getting one myself as I like sleepers. Might also want to take a look at Changing Times Diaper Co. as they have great diapers doublers, onesies, and diaper covers all good prices.

I want a good adult pocket diaper wide croch and snap's mabey raise snaps.
Got an china one out Australia but to narrow in the croch leaked badly.
Double gusset bigger sizes not all ab's are 36" or 38" I tend to run into
38 to 42" real pockets are multi size reason the snaps.
The one thing is wing droop so there needs to be a snap to stop wing droop. So croch and wing droop.

Last edited:
LittleForBig is pretty reasonable. I only paid like $25 for a good quality onesie

Although I have little money and my babyish clothing choices can be a bit limited also because I live with my parents, I voted for rompers and sleepers. But for me they would have to be a 2X/3X size because I'm a literal big baby.

If you're doing this more as a community service/hobby sort of thing, I think the single-product approach is fine. Otherwise, as clothing lasts a while and the number of potential buyers is kind of small, you might saturate the market (temporarily) well before you make enough money to fund a second product. For a business, that would pretty much be The End.

If you're wanting to replace your current job with this, I'd suggest saving up enough money to launch 3-5 clothing items at once, and be prepared to live on ramen noodles for a while. :) Even then, you'd still likely fall short of critical mass.

On a related note, I've always found it funny that the makers of disposable ABDL diapers have all these branded tees for sale too. I have to believe that the number of people who buy and wear those is close to zero. Why they aren't selling more useful clothing items is a bit of a mystery to me.

Onesies that are made for shorter people!! Onesies Down Under and Cuddlz offer these but most other companies don't. I love the look of the ABU onesies but even a small would be way way way too long on me.

Also rompers! Like a onesie with shorts for legs. I love them! But what fits me in height won't fit around my thighs...sigh. Haha :)

Also, a note on the high prices of handmade products - if the maker of these things wants to at least make minimum wage, they have to charge a lot. Materials cost a lot, maintenance on sewing machines/sergers costs a lot, the years of experience one has had to gain in order to sew custom made clothing...and then the time is takes to make the product. Looking at the Privatina site, I can't imagine any of those outfits taking less than an hour to cut, pin, sew, etc etc.

Good luck in your business venture!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cottontail said:
If you're doing this more as a community service/hobby sort of thing, I think the single-product approach is fine. Otherwise, as clothing lasts a while and the number of potential buyers is kind of small, you might saturate the market (temporarily) well before you make enough money to fund a second product. For a business, that would pretty much be The End.

If you're wanting to replace your current job with this, I'd suggest saving up enough money to launch 3-5 clothing items at once, and be prepared to live on ramen noodles for a while. :) Even then, you'd still likely fall short of critical mass.

On a related note, I've always found it funny that the makers of disposable ABDL diapers have all these branded tees for sale too. I have to believe that the number of people who buy and wear those is close to zero. Why they aren't selling more useful clothing items is a bit of a mystery to me.
Not so shure big tots one ebay converted adult print tee's on ebay at first then branched out from there.
Now one of the bigest there.
3366darlene makes diaper covers she did make double terry lined in lager size they always sold but quit doing them now they dont sell as much.
Look at what sell's on completed ebay listings under ebay .
Snaps for you also sells on ebay .
Watch prices also that can give you great ideas .

- - - Updated - - -

JackalGuardian said:
Hi everyone,

Short story first, I've been searching all over the net, there are a few ABDL websites that sell baby clothes but most of them are too costly for %80 of the population. I am guessing. At least I don't believe I am alone in this. My favorite site is privatina and for a onesie I'm looking at at least $100 because it's custom designed and with shipping to north america it breaks my wallet. I've never been able to find an affordable site. Have you?

Now back to the present

I recently been in contact with a few clothing manufacturers from around the world about designing baby clothes in adult sizes. This is where i need your help on what to mass produce first. Every article of clothing I order I will have to sell and need your input what is most desired. I would make everything if I could but have to order a minimum of 100 pieces per size. So I want your help to get me started. What baby clothes do you dream of owning that you can't afford from those custom made sites? Also what Specifications do you want added and please share any ideas of your own.

Your help would be great.

Currently the only thing I ordered a 100 pieces of a rear zip onesie with locking slider in medium. 99 of them will be sold once I get them.
I hope above can be a help for you

it would be nice to find rompers with a little room in the crotch and behind! Forever21 and other brands can be tighter there than necessary

even jeans tailored to have more room in the bottom, with elastic waists. I'd love to be wear skinny jeans that fit nicely around the waist and bum.

I can find skinny jeans that do that already, my dad said my jeans fitted nicely and nobody mentioned anything about diaper bulges, that's also why I try on my jeans before I buy them, to make sure I have a fit that I like and that would make my wearing diapers discrete.

If you can make an ABDL product that isn't currently being mass produced at an approachable price, there's almost certainly a market. Onesies, sleepers, bibs, and bonnets are readily available, but more ornate outfits are usually available only made to order and expensive.

I suspect dresses and more restrictive versions of the other items mass-produced could find a ready market, especially if you only need to sell 100 of a common size to make it happen.

Wow thank you everyone for your comments and votes. It helps alot knowing what direction I plan to steer my store.

Yes every year there are more and more websites. I really trying to find the fine line between quality and price.

I have been adding all your suggestions to a excel template and weighing them all. Knowing I can't afford to make a ton of items and looking at complaints from other manufacturers. You are really helping me. The best product is one that everyone wants feels and fits nice and costs the same price as Target or Walmart. One can only dream but I am going to get it close and try my best.

Thank you all again.

Angelic said:
I can find skinny jeans that do that already, my dad said my jeans fitted nicely and nobody mentioned anything about diaper bulges, that's also why I try on my jeans before I buy them, to make sure I have a fit that I like and that would make my wearing diapers discrete.
I never like how any jeans fit me, I wear sweatpants way too often now!
skinny jeans with elastic waist? skinnies I find usually either they've too tight to get on or they're not flattering. I don't want to have to wear a long top or sweater every time I wear jeans :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back