Tena slip active fit vs original - smoother plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabpad

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Just wanted to throw out my opinion about these two to you guys. There was an old thread I found I wanted to write in, but it was closed, so yeah.

Active fit has a MUCH smoother plastic, kinda feels like you're walking around with a trash bag between your legs. I like the original better in this case. It has a stronger plastic which makes it feel like it's more secure and feels more diaperish. Original takes this trophy.

Active fit is more crinkly, which I like. When you wake up and get up to dress yourself and hear those crinkly sounds all over the room really makes me feel like a baby again. Although original still is crinkly, it has a more "regular crinkle". Anyways hard to describe. Active fit wins this.

Original has cloth wings and are attached to the rest of the diaper (which is plastic) by some very bad glue or whatever it is. If you accidently scratch your sides in the direction of your butt you could easily rip aside the attached part, hence exposing the cotton, or if you're wet, the sap. It sounds worse than it is. I have not had any problems with this except for the times were I intentionally wanted to test what happened if you tried to pull it apart. With this said, I really don't like it, but it also doesn't bother me, and has never failed me. Kinda a small minus for original here.

For absorbency I haven't noticed any differences, except that if you lie down and pee starts to trickle out on the sides to the wings, obviously the plastic is a better choice. This is why I use active fit more as a night diaper.

To summarize I think active fit is slightly better. But since active fit is more expensive i'm actually going to nominate the original as the winner.

Also want to throw out a side note question: how can people say tena maxi is discreet? They say they use it for work etc and no one notices. But honestly this diaper is really big, maybe not so when dry, but man it swells up when wet. I think many of us in this community are too used to big and bulky diapers so when we try a diaper thinner than our abdl diapers (space diaper for example) we think it's discreet and thin. Sorry for going offtopic in my own topic :D

Fabpad said:
I think many of us in this community are too used to big and bulky diapers so when we try a diaper thinner than our abdl diapers (space diaper for example) we think it's discreet and thin. Sorry for going offtopic in my own topic :D

You know that is a very good observation! I like bulky nappies and become so accustomed to wearing them that when I revert back to thinner nappies it feels like I'm just wearing underwear.

all the diapers at the thickness I like tend to go cloth... or away >>;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back