Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I wouldn't really call them disturbing but I find instead of being a little, I end up procrastinating and searching up ABDL sites and pictures and I spend ages on there. I know I want to play with something but I end up surfing the web. It's like I am addicted or I am not allowing myself to be little. This has decreased a little since my toys are now on show.

But how do I come by this? What is this even? Why I am doing this to myself? Is it healthy? How can I stop it most importantly?

I have heard of and seen this in people who are addicted to facebook. lots of people do it, they just lose track of time because they are having fun. time flies right?

do you think its more then just having fun and losing track of time? like you would when you read a good book?

what is about losing track of time that you think is specifically linked to seeing it as not allowing yourself to be little?

It sounds like you have the start of finding the answer already

I have this happen to me a lot. The funny thing though, is that in relation to children by age, they suffer the same problem as well. Kids these days are largely attached to electronic devices, and it isn't anything against them, its just the availability of it and the large amount of entertaining content available. I think you are really just subjugated to the same mind addiction that all kids and adults have to deal with when it comes to technology. Also, I have read that the light can affect your brain, making it hard to sleep for up to an hour after leaving a screen, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is a bit of an addictive side effect from technology, it kinda is for me.

I think the solution is just making a self regulated schedule, or care taker regulated if you have one. It could be that you are not allowed to use technology after a certain hour of the day, or after a certain number of hours of use. Give yourself a timer and then force yourself to quit. Another idea is that you could say you have the same time limit, but after that time comes, you can only watch shows, which still allows you to be entertained, but also interact with your toys. It really is just going to come down to self control methods, or self parenting. I think that you will find that you still really enjoy your toys when you give them the time to play with them, but if you don't consciously make an effort, technology can be addictive.

I agree with tyger, making a schedule and maybe even a having a timer with that schedule should help you, as long as you stick to the timer.

its very easy to fall into a system of "snooze button" or keep setting the timer back a bit..so you can get just a litttllle bit more.

i had a similar problem where i'd want to get into space after a long day at work, but would have trouble getting into it so i'd go on tumblr, instagram, etc and look at ABDL content to get myself in the mood and then would be on it til bedtime, never actually getting to my space! i had suspicions that i was preventing myself from being little as well, so i asked my caregiver to ban my phone and computer use when i'm little. ever since i started doing that i found my little self being much more active!

scummybaby said:
i had a similar problem where i'd want to get into space after a long day at work, but would have trouble getting into it so i'd go on tumblr, instagram, etc and look at ABDL content to get myself in the mood and then would be on it til bedtime, never actually getting to my space! i had suspicions that i was preventing myself from being little as well, so i asked my caregiver to ban my phone and computer use when i'm little. ever since i started doing that i found my little self being much more active!

That exactly is my problem!

A. I don't think it's a bad thing. The more abdls are social with each other, the better it is for the community. B. Subconsciously you are probably looking for more people like you/located close to you. There is not magic way to stop. You just need to tell yourself you've been doing this too long and then try to push yourself to do something else

I don't think that this is a specifically ABDL problem. I'm a total procrastinator and occasionally will put off doing important work by browsing ABDL sites and being little. I also will procrastinate by surfing Wikipedia, watching random videos on Youtube, and doing other random crap completely unrelated to ABDL. I will admit that I've gotten far better about it than I was a couple years ago, though I'm still terrible about this. But this isn't a problem with ABDL. You're just a procrastinator and your source of procrastinating just happens to be looking at ABDL sites. This could help you stop procrastinating.
https://www.unstuck.com/how-we-procrastinate/

That's what I do, I just wNt somebody to talk to at times. I didn't know what procrastinating meant until now, so that's what it means!

Sometimes I have the same problem. I seek out online content related to ageplay, but I forget to actually indulge my little side. Ironically; little websites have seriously cut into my cartoon time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back