View Poll Results: What diaper is better?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bambino Belsimo

3 10.71%
  • ABU Little Paws

25 89.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ABU Compared to 6 years ago

Question ABU Compared to 6 years ago

Was just curious if Abu has changed their ways as a company and if their products compare to those of bambino(Belsimo). I remember hearing many stories about them and their products when they first came to market. Was looking into buying a case of the little paws. Do the tapes break is quality control good? Etc.

just got some little paws, to be honest, in the past got some off a friend (probably about 7 years ago) tapes were horrible, had some sdk and cushie not the newest revision but recent, and I can't say anything but how good they felt, so yeah I think recently the new owners have got their padding together.

In terms of capacity, ABU's LittlePawz are the same diaper as Space. We have detailed reviews of both Bellissimo and Space here:

https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthre...-Diaper-Review
    https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthre...lissimo-Review

Their only reported failing for LittlePawz is that with moisture on the outside of the diaper, the ink can bleed. This is most often caused by use of plastic pants but has happened less commonly in other situations. Space doesn't have this problem as the color is below the top layer.

As a company, ABU has made a complete 180. They changed ownership and have made a major effort to make good on the failings of the previous owners with their stiffed customers. Their outreach and engagement with the community has been top-notch since the change. I'm happy to buy from them now when I wouldn't give a dime to the company under the previous ownership.

I would say that while Space/LittlePawz/Simple are greater capacity than a Bellissimo, it's close enough that it just comes down to what you like. They're both worth trying. Take your pick.

Haven't tried the Pawz yet and I never did get any of the old ABU products but the products from the current company are utterly fabulous IMO.

The Space and Simples which are structurally the same as the Pawz are simply incredible and the most absorbent I have tried. Would be surprised if you didn't love whatever you buy from them. Personally not had a problem with their tapes.

Bambinos also are terrific, they are definitely more than adequate, very absorbent and comfortable, cute and all that but ABU gets my preference.

I've had no problems at all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As a company they've underwent a real change of ownership. The current owner seems like a pretty cool guy (I believe he even has an account on here) and appears to fully understand that what ABU was doing under the previous ownership was bad and is doing everything possible to turn that around. I've only seen good reports about interactions with the company since the change in ownership,

As far as product goes, I tried a sample pack of space and little paws (they're both functionally identical to the simple, differences are cosmetic only) and they were great. I've never tried a bambino so I can't compare with that, but they're definitely the thickest and most absorbent diaper I've tried compared to even the premium the medical ones. That said, you're never going to hide one under normal clothing. If I lived by myself (and if they made diapers in size small) I'd totally buy them to wear around the house on weekends or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by irnub View Post
    As far as product goes, I tried a sample pack of space and little paws (they're both functionally identical to the simple, differences are cosmetic only) and they were great.
    FYI from what I see the two are fairly different models that have different properties. They size about the same, but the shell material, padding thickness, and padding composition appear to be different. The ABU simple on the other hand, is identical to the space except for the print.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    FYI from what I see the two are fairly different models that have different properties. They size about the same, but the shell material, padding thickness, and padding composition appear to be different. The ABU simple on the other hand, is identical to the space except for the print.
    Uh...The Space, Simple, and Little Paws are identical models. They only differ in their shell artwork. Are you sure you're not confusing little paws with one of the other animal print diapers? If you've actually got two in front of you that are different in terms of padding, I'd guess one of them had some kind of manufacturing error.

I've been very pleased to see ABU bounce back. I figured that the ABU name was sullied beyond any hope of repair, but Casey and his team proved otherwise, and have brought to market a dizzying array of new diapers, most of which have been very well received. As far as I can tell, they're wayyyyy out in front of the competition as far as investing in new designs, and I hope they continue to push things in that regard.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 29-Sep-2016 at 16:48.

Il give them a try. Just purchased a mixup case of the space and paws for variaty. Thank you everyone for your help! What about the tykables overnights? Any good?