Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: No nappy collection for the over 3s!

Thumbs down No nappy collection for the over 3s!

Apparently, Anglesey Council are switching to a three-weekly rubbish collection. Obviously, the people most opposed to that idea would be parents of young children who don't want used nappies lingering around. So, the council has promised a two-weekly nappy collection... but only if you can show them a birth certificate proving that you have children under three years old!

I don't wear diapers every day, but over the summer, my dustbin would get a bit smelly by the time the binmen came.

This sounds like a nightmare for ABDLs, parents of older kids who wear diapers, and anyone who doesn't want a bright yellow incontinence waste bin... :-/

Anglesey: no nappy collection service for over 3s
    Council asks for child's birth certificate before it will collect nappies

How often are nappies collected where you live? Could you handle a three-weekly collection? Or even two-weekly?

I have a dumpster located outside and out of the way of the house, once a week it is collected and removed

and no. not 3, not 2. every week. its what i pay for, its what i expect

Quote Originally Posted by MommyandMattling View Post
    I have a dumpster located outside and out of the way of the house, once a week it is collected and removed

and no. not 3, not 2. every week. its what i pay for, its what i expect
    Every week would certainly seem ideal to me. What about your recycling collection? It's every two-weeks here, which is fine as recyclables don't tend to smell.

Where I live in the States garbage gets picked up once a week, recyclables every two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Every week would certainly seem ideal to me. What about your recycling collection? It's every two-weeks here, which is fine as recyclables don't tend to smell.
    no recycling collection, we have a town recycling center and I go down once every 1-2 weeks and sort and dispose of what needs disposing

We get trash and recycling pickup every week. I've never seen a specific trash can for incontinence waste before...that's interesting! Honestly it makes sense, maybe it gets put somewhere else besides the landfill all of our other trash goes to...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have 3 bins, one for recycling (paper, cardboard, plastic, tin cans etc) that gets collected every 2 weeks. Then we have a Brown bin for green waste such as vegetable peelings, garden trimmings grass cutting etc. Also a black bin for waste to land fill. These 2 bins are collected on the same day every 2 weeks opposite to the recycling. I put my used nappies in thickish black sacks and then in the black bin. It works for me. Any glass goes to the bottle bank at the supermarket.

There is no trash pickup where I live you must pay a private hauler big bucks or pay $2.00 a bag at the transfer station. Obliviously there is a lot of roadside dumping but I do not do that. Nearly every day I drop a small bag with a spent diaper and a bit of household trash in a bin at the groceries store, drug store, gas station, town beach or work.

Could be worse. You could live in Naples. Trash is collected weekly where I live. Three-weekly does seem a bit off. And requiring proof that a baby is in the house in order to get on some diaper pickup schedule? Wacky! Crazy Brits.