Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump V. Clinton Debate- Drinking Game

Default Trump V. Clinton Debate- Drinking Game

The rules to this game are simple.

During tonight's debate, you simply have to down your drink whenever Trump says any of the following words/phrases:

-Believe me!
    -Make America great
    -Build a wall
    -What do you have to lose?
    -E-mails
    -Immigrants
    -I will fix it

Or when Clinton says any of the following:

-Tax returns
    -Racist
    -Dangerous
    -Divisive
    -Economy that works for all
    -Together

You have to double-drink every time either candidate mentions the word 'Health'

We'll discuss the results tomorrow if anyone is still standing..

Let the game begin!
    Last edited by Starrunner; 26-Sep-2016 at 18:25.

Shix, we'll all be leaking on the furniture~!

...and rolling on the floor laughing!

I'm going with TRUMP, no matter what... It's easy, TRiUMPh!

There's currently no alcohol in the house, but I just might be on board for this! Haven't played a drinking game in a long time.

I'm in. HUGE isn't in there anywhere?

I'm about ready to fire up the popcorn maker and grabbed a 6 of a new (to me) IPA. Wondering if it'll be enough.

Okay, so i jset hav tu sey thixls hic....i wuz whattchjing ad hic.......so i sez to mi wif...hic...fuc yu/// and sh hic...and thn....hic...hic...ulp....uh?.....blughhhhhhhh!

Damn, I should've done this with y'all. Oh, wait. You need a liver to live. Never mind!

Sorry, but I don't want to die of alcohol poisoning. =) But yeah. The debate was...interesting. Thought Clinton should've done a better job, though she still was good on attacking Drumpf on his tax returns and failed businesses, and even though I wasn't too impressed with her, I still feel she won.

Amusing, entertaining, didn't learn anything new.

Biggest laugh: Lester Holt somehow managed to keep a straight face while asking Hillary about cyber security policy.

Wasn't that fun?
    There was a lot of stuff they never got around to discussing due to time. Trump spent more time talking about Rosie O'Donnell than attacking Clinton over the Clinton Foundation or Benghazi! At the same time, I think Clinton could have been more forceful, however, she managed to bait Trump several times, particularly around tax returns when, astonishingly he twice acknowledged that he didn't pay taxes in previous returns made public, saying 'that was smart' and that the government would have 'squandered it' if he paid them. It's hard to imagine a presidential hopeful who doesn't pay taxes, and it makes his unwillingness to release his current returns all the more troubling

The overwhelming consensus this morning is that Clinton won the debate, and even the Republicans seem to tacitly acknowledge this. Regardless, I don't think there was any knockout punch on either side that will cause much of a ripple in public opinion and it's still anybody's race.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrunner View Post
    Wasn't that fun?
    There was a lot of stuff they never got around to discussing due to time. Trump spent more time talking about Rosie O'Donnell than attacking Clinton over the Clinton Foundation or Benghazi! At the same time, I think Clinton could have been more forceful, however, she managed to bait Trump several times, particularly around tax returns when, astonishingly he twice acknowledged that he didn't pay taxes in previous returns made public, saying 'that was smart' and that the government would have 'squandered it' if he paid them. It's hard to imagine a presidential hopeful who doesn't pay taxes, and it makes his unwillingness to release his current returns all the more troubling
    Why astonishing? Do you voluntarily write a check to the government for more than you owe? I sure don't, and wouldn't, and can't fault Trump for following tax law either, although God knows its hard enough to follow the byzantine logic to most of it. Once again, that points out the folly of the "raise income tax rates on the rich" nonsense. Very few people get W-2's with 7 digits on them, most of them professional baseball, basketball and football players. That's not how money is made at that level.

If I'm considering any kind of business or financial deal, tax impact is always part of the calculation, and choose the path that lets me keep the biggest number, and often as not, ordinary income tax rates don't even apply.

If I'm going to make a charitable donation, the federal government is about the last place I'd choose, next to maybe Planned Parenthood.

Edit: It's actually a smart thing to "just say no" to the income tax returns. Regardless of what is or isn't in them, releasing them does Trump no good, and opens up numerous avenues of attack for the opposition that he would have to waste time, money and energy defending. Saying no keeps it limited to that issue. And speculation, of course, which the media and everyone else would do anyway. There is no law requiring a candidate to publish income tax returns. Transparency? As Trump said, as soon as Hillary releases the other 33,000 subpoena'd e-mails. I wonder if he'd release his returns if the Russians or Wikileaks released the e-mails?

The overwhelming consensus this morning is that Clinton won the debate, and even the Republicans seem to tacitly acknowledge this. Regardless, I don't think there was any knockout punch on either side that will cause much of a ripple in public opinion and it's still anybody's race.
    I don't doubt that's true among the "news" sources you follow: Huffington-Puffington, New York Times, Washington Post, etc. All unabashedly leftist.
    Last edited by Maxx; 27-Sep-2016 at 16:59.