Best Goodnites Overall that you have tried?

What is the best year of goodnites you have tried?

• 2008 Goodnites (Both Genders)

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 2009 Goodnites (Both genders)

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 2010 Goodnites (Both genders)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 2011 Goodnites (Both genders)

• 2012 Goodnites (Both genders)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2013 Goodnites (Both genders)

• 2014 Goodnites (Both genders)

• 2015 Goodnites (Both genders)

• Present Goodnites with one new design

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

goodnitesco96

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
As a person who is basically obsessed with goodnites, and the most favorite of the diapers they have tried, I'm going to expand my horizons with different years of goodnites. Anyone who I consider who wore Goodnites seriously(like daily or almost daily for a month or more), what is your like favorite year and gender of goodnites that you've used?(like Boys 2012 L-XL). Typical ratings, with how well they absorb both flooding and just normal peeing(not pooping, I'm not into that), size, how tall they are, how durable or stretchy the sides are, and anything else that you can add in. All years are fine, but I am looking to try as many years as I can to determine a favorite, so unless anyone here has like older than 2007 or like 2006 designs they'd sell for cheap, I'm looking for ones that are from 2009 to the ones they just released I think a couple of months ago with one new design. I've seen that even though they barely change year after year, there are some differences between them and I want to try as many as I can. I'll add a poll with the years and just vote for different years that you liked the most, and if you want, just describe why you liked that year's diapers.

Hmmm. I prefer the 2015 and later styles because I can wear them. Pretty cut and dried! The older ones weren't stretchy enough.

So for lack of a choice that conveyed "2015 and later", I picked "present", simply because I don't feel a particular desire to go back in time.

That said, I don't wear GoodNites very often because the last time I messed them, they exploded!!! :eek:

Ok, that's only half true. I'm not into messing, but I still don't wear GoodNites very often. My large, stocky frame is just too much for them, and they leak almost immediately. The only remedy I've (accidentally) found is to shave myself totally clean down there, and then the leak guards *just* manage a seal. So yeah, they're not an everyday thing. But it is kind of a fun novelty to be able to wear them now. I'd love to see this new Huggies elastic make it into their other products.

Last edited:
do they change the design of goodnites every year?

Cottontail said:
Hmmm. I prefer the 2015 and later styles because I can wear them. Pretty cut and dried! The older ones weren't stretchy enough.

So for lack of a choice that conveyed "2015 and later", I picked "present", simply because I don't feel a particular desire to go back in time.

That said, I don't wear GoodNites very often because the last time I messed them, they exploded!!! :eek:

Ok, that's only half true. I'm not into messing, but I still don't wear GoodNites very often. My large, stocky frame is just too much for them, and they leak almost immediately. The only remedy I've (accidentally) found is to shave myself totally clean down there, and then the leak guards *just* manage a seal. So yeah, they're not an everyday thing. But it is kind of a fun novelty to be able to wear them now. I'd love to see this new Huggies elastic make it into their other products.

I was considering doing that, but then I thought some people would say it wouldn't be like specific enough to the year since I kinda asked a year by year goodnites question haha. I'll see if I can edit it and say like present day goodnites, like 2015 to now.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to say they do, cause I'm wearing what I believe to be I think either 2014 or 2015's (hard to tell cause they're soaked). Amazon has the newest kind of goodnites, which only have one new design on them, they replaced the skateboards and red and I think blue on them with just like generic lined goodnites. It's super hard to like see each year they've had designs for, cause it's super generic. I think every year they do, or maybe every 2 years or so I have no idea haha.boy lxl.jpg

I prefer the original XL from 99-03. Things started sliding downhill after the introduction of the "trim-fit" design and combining of the L/XL sizes in '03.

Llayden said:
I prefer the original XL from 99-03. Things started sliding downhill after the introduction of the "trim-fit" design and combining of the L/XL sizes in '03.

Why couldn't I wet the bed then... I've like only found 2 or 3 auctions on eBay that have like Goodnites from I think 2004 or 2003, I'd buy them, but they're like $75 with like $15 shipping, I don't feel like spending $100 on diapers haha. I just need to find like a site or someone that has older Goodnites, because they probably looked more like diapers than like Pull-Ups or training pants like they do now.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/46169-Boys-Goodnites-The-(I-Think)-Complete-Collection! Oh cool I found an almost complete collection that is a couple years old on here, I think I wore Goodnites from about the 2007 ones till about 2011. I remember it being more like comfort thing and not getting anything like sexual out of the feeling I do now when I soak or flood them. Anybody here know of anybody that's selling older goodnites?

- - - Updated - - -

In 2010, was that their like last year of larger/taller rising diapers? It looks like in 2011 they made the girls ones a bit smaller after looking at some pictures.

goodnitesco96 said:
Why couldn't I wet the bed then... I've like only found 2 or 3 auctions on eBay that have like Goodnites from I think 2004 or 2003, I'd buy them, but they're like $75 with like $15 shipping, I don't feel like spending $100 on diapers haha. I just need to find like a site or someone that has older Goodnites, because they probably looked more like diapers than like Pull-Ups or training pants like they do now.

Kroger SleepPants are exceptionally similar in appearance and feel to the pre-'03 GoodNites, they are not as big however. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they were still the same product. They are even a Kimberly Clark product according to the "tag" on the back of the waistband. They are soft and comfortable, and completely devoid of design. They are plain white all around and are some of the best looking products on the market for discreetness. The pre-design GoodNites are amazingly discreet in appearance and really do the best job of any pull-up in resembling underwear.

Also as a side note, you are the first person that I have like run across that like uses the word "like", like all the time and like actually types it. Like. Hahahaha! Please don't take offense to that. It's simply a unique thing that I haven't run across before and it sort of bemuses me. I also haven't heard the word "like" used in sentences in that manner since about 2000. It used to be a speech pattern associated with "valley girls" out of California. Is it a pattern that picked up off a parental unit perhaps?

goodnitesco96 said:

Ehh. Best not to lust after old disposables too much. If my own experiences with buying vintage diapers on eBay are any indications, they really don't keep well. The elastics get tired, the padding won't fluff up anymore, the scents (if any) are either completely gone or greatly diminished in potency, the colors have often faded, etc. And even if none of those things has happened, you still use them up and go, "Fuck! Now what?!"

I've amassed quite a collection of vintage cloth diapers, but those are a different animal. When you get to reuse them, the prices don't seem quite as horrendous.

goodnitesco96 said:
In 2010, was that their like last year of larger/taller rising diapers? It looks like in 2011 they made the girls ones a bit smaller after looking at some pictures.

No, 2003 was the death of the larger GoodNites. They introduced the XL size to the already existing M, and L around 1999...I think. 2003 was the last year for the three separate sizes. That year saw the company ditch the XL size, rebrand the L as L/XL, and the introduction of "trim-fit" which was a reduction in thickness. The golden era product to look for is pre "trim-fit". If you find them available anywhere, they will most likely be outrageously expensive, and almost unusable. The elastic was not the stretchiest thing back then, which is part of the reason for three separate sizes. I will contend the the sides were much more durable and supportive though.

I actually believe the biggest shortcoming of ALL pull-up style products is the EXTREME amount of stretch that they have. It really makes for a poor fit and less durability. Look at the Depend line up for example, they make two sizes that cover from 28" all the way to an advertised 50". That amount of elastic stretch is horrible for trying to find a good fit. Pull-up style diapers would all be much better products if only they would reduce the amount of stretch in the sides while also increasing the number of sized available. I understand from a manufacturing prospective why they don't though.

What size like did the XL size go to in 1999? I'm assuming to around like 150 lbs maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus christ a guy is selliing some for like $130 on eBay... no thanks haha

- - - Updated - - -

I picked it off of my sister who has been in high school for 4 years now and I'm terrible at it haha. I'm just terrible with that sorta stuff.

Llayden said:
Kroger SleepPants are exceptionally similar in appearance and feel to the pre-'03 GoodNites, they are not as big however. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they were still the same product. They are even a Kimberly Clark product according to the "tag" on the back of the waistband. They are soft and comfortable, and completely devoid of design. They are plain white all around and are some of the best looking products on the market for discreetness. The pre-design GoodNites are amazingly discreet in appearance and really do the best job of any pull-up in resembling underwear.

Also as a side note, you are the first person that I have like run across that like uses the word "like", like all the time and like actually types it. Like. Hahahaha! Please don't take offense to that. It's simply a unique thing that I haven't run across before and it sort of bemuses me. I also haven't heard the word "like" used in sentences in that manner since about 2000. It used to be a speech pattern associated with "valley girls" out of California. Is it a pattern that picked up off a parental unit perhaps?
Are the Kroger SleepPants the just plain white diapers? I think I've tried those before and they do seem a little larger than goodnites. They also have just the white cover so when I flood, its nice to see it spread throughout.

Regarding Goodnites' sides, I noticed that the sides were very stretchy pre-2010. The L/XL ones would fit me very well. The old side panel material was very stretchy compared to the new side panel material which has lost some stretch. I'm not sure about the 90's Goodnites though, as I did not need to wear them growing up.

The new Goodnites still fit me, but the sides definitely do feel tighter, almost as though the seams could rip apart if I do not put them on properly, especially for the S/M Goodnites. Once I have them on though, I can wear them for a prolonged amount of time. I have a size 28-30 waist if anybody here is wondering.

Aquasailor said:
Regarding Goodnites' sides, I noticed that the sides were very stretchy pre-2010. The L/XL ones would fit me very well. The old side panel material was very stretchy compared to the new side panel material which has lost some stretch.

I too noticed a change in their elastic around this time as well. The older elastic seemed to have a more coarse texture to it. The new elastic was finer, with the little ridges closer together. Still tons better than Underjams though.

I first wore Goodnites size Medium when they originally came out in 1994, and the material for the sides and the whole thing in general did not stretch.
The XL size was originally just marked as 85 lbs +, later they were marked 85 lbs to 110 lbs and finally 85-125 lbs. The old size XL was roughly equivalent to boys size 14 or a 28 inch waist, with 30 inches being a stretch (no pun intended) because the product was not very stretchy like they are today. If you attempted to wear them with more than a 30 inch waist, (or no measurement greater than 28 or 29 inches if you are a girl) they will rip/tear. I actually had some original 1994 Goodnites size Medium until around 2002 or so when they were given away.

So I'm assuming probably around 2009 to 2008 they were the best in terms of stretchiness and like tallness? I like the stretchy goodnites I have now(currently in a flooded one), because they fit me pretty well with around a 32 to 34 inch waist, but they barely go up any higher than like 2 inches above my "parts" and I wish it would come up a little more.

I never got to try the original printed XL size, but I used plenty of the white XL ones that came out in the late 90s. They were the only diapers I was brave enough to buy for years. They were definitely longer overall than the L/XL, but I don't recall them handling flooding any better or really having much more capacity. I don't like the recent ones with the super-stretchy sides. They don't stay tight against you anymore when heavily loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back