Quick advice: 4 hour plane trip, Dry 24/7 or Bellissimo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

perlFerret

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
I'm going to be taking a 4 hour plane ride in a week. I have a choice between Dry 24/7 and Bambino Bellissimo. I intend to change right before and right after the flight. So taking into account all the factors (not just absorbency but also swelling, structural integrity after 4 hours of sitting, [urine only] odor prevention, etc.), which would you people recommend? Thanks!

You'll be fine with either. I'd go with bellissimo myself, for the comfort and a bit of 'awww' factor. I've only used one case of 24/7, but I remember them being a bit more stiff and uncomfortable. I once wore a bellissmo through a MMO binge when a new game came out for about 13 hours. It refused to leak and was still plenty comfy even after multiple soda went in one side and out the other.

You must wet a lot if four hours is a question with high capacity diapers. Personally, I'd go with something thinner for comfort, since I wouldn't need to use it. For use and comfort, I'd prefer Bellissimos, since Dry 24/7 end up pretty stiff for me.

Unless you plan on drinking alot I would go with the bellissimo for confort. I just got done doing a 18 hour drive with 247 and was drinking alot of energy drink and other stuff and had to change 3 times.

Id go with a Dry 24/7 in case any TSA happen to check it looks regular and non AB related.

perlFerret said:
I'm going to be taking a 4 hour plane ride in a week. I have a choice between Dry 24/7 and Bambino Bellissimo. I intend to change right before and right after the flight. So taking into account all the factors (not just absorbency but also swelling, structural integrity after 4 hours of sitting, [urine only] odor prevention, etc.), which would you people recommend? Thanks!

Bellisimo

Thanks. I would have gone with something thinner but what I have is what I have. I made my choice thanks to you guys!

So, what did you choose?

bellisamo would be more comfortable

Trevor said:
You must wet a lot if four hours is a question with high capacity diapers. Personally, I'd go with something thinner for comfort, since I wouldn't need to use it. For use and comfort, I'd prefer Bellissimos, since Dry 24/7 end up pretty stiff for me.

What Trevor said. Unless I intentionally held it beforehand or drank a ton, I'd be very unlikely to even wet the diaper once in a 4 hour flight. Last time I flew diapered, it was a 12 hour cross continent journey with layovers, and I wore a single Bellisimo that I didn't wet until about 2/3 of the way through the trip and that lasted all the way to the end no problem.

At any rate, Bellisimos remain my choice for most comfortable diapers even after trying some of the other premium ones like the ABUs. They have a really good cut (I have a 30' waist and am fairly thin and small boned, for comparison) and I find they fit snugly without chafing or discomfort.

The Bellissimos have better quality control, and hold up better over longer periods of time than the Dry 24/7's do. I would go with the Bellissimos. Also: I have worn Bellissimos in my primary physician's office, and she had no problem with them at all.

I think the big issue here is "several wettings while sitting down", which is a challenge for any diaper.

I would rate them very similar for capacity. I think the 247 have a slight edge on odor control for me as they fit better.

I do a *lot* of flying between east and west coast, and I generally wear a dry247 on those trips. Tbh any of the premium medical diapers would be fine as far as absorbency goes. The real issue is how well they stand up to wetting while sitting, and that's going come down to how well they fit you personally more than anything else.

Then as far as logistics go, I'll generally put on something small and cheap before leaving the house (e.g a depends or molicare) to basically use as easily removable underwear and wear that through security. The reasoning there is that once I'm through security (generally an hour before my plane boards) and go to change into the dry247, I won't have to deal with removing underwear in a bathroom stall. Then I'll have one extra dry247 (in case something like a tab breaking or my backpack zipper catching it ruins the first one) and one smaller cheap diaper (for changing into at the destination) packed in my under-seat carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back