Status
Not open for further replies.

Marting

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi guys.

Have any of you any idea how many people (about) globally are DL/AB. Be interesting to know what sort of perceptile we are in.

What are your thoughts?

Xxx

Question has been asked here and in just about any other ABDL community time and time again. Just as a rough estimate based on Casey, ABUs owner, in an reddit ama, in the US at least a godo guess is 1-4% of the population participate in ABDL activities in one way or another.

That doesn't sound like a lot, until you do a little math. Consider a small city of 5,000 people, with 3 other small towns around it with a total of another 5,000 people. That would mean on average in your little middle of who knows where USA city there are at least 9 other people in your general area. Now think about a bigger city with lets say a population of 250,000, with another 100,000 within 30 miles. That would mean 3,500 to 10,000. TEN THOUSAND in and around one decent size city.

So, even if those napkin math estimates are off by a good bit there are way more of us then most people would ever realize. Like where I work, there are 300-400 people. Means I'm almost for sure not the only one there that enjoys a nice cozy diaper.

Hehe. Well that's nice to know!

I live in a pretty large community and I know 8 other inco's in my neighborhood and about 5 or 600 other inco's but have yet to meet another ABDL I have gone to city like an 1 1/2 from me and met a bunch , so either I live in a void ( that's punny!) or everybody is deep cover localy, I see lots of people who wear but I'm not going to call them out and risk embarrassing somebody , and the reason I know they are wearing is not because I am a serious perv I am just in wheelchair and at ass level all day so it's hard not to notice in everyday life .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Entertaining question - and that goes for other fetishes as well - the answer is, nobody knows as we tend to a bit in hiding for reasons I don't know. But probably many more than we think :)

Good point babymt. I've just done some basic calculations on 7 billion (global population) even if we are 1 in 2000 there are 3.5 million of us!

Nowadays more and more people experiencing with diapers and other babyish items (through curiosity or their partners), more people are accepting this part of themselves and joining sites like this one meaning the percentage, at least in my opinion, is going up, let's say it's about 5% of the worlds population and as of 26th September 2016 the estimated population is 7,349,000,000 you could say there are roughly almost 368,000,000 people who are AB, DL, a combination or use them in some form of roleplay.

Now usually people who, at least from my experience, are ABDL usually come from more economically developed countries and more in the Western World so let's say the population of more economically developed Western countries is roughly 4,800,000,000 then you could say there are roughly 240,000,000 who are AB, DL, a combination or use them in some form of roleplay.

Then again I could be way off.

This is just my opinion but I think 1 percent would be a lot closer estimation than 4 percent, but who knows.

I really don't think its that common. I would guess its only a fraction of 1%. Of course, my guess is based on nothing other than the fact that I've never seen or met another AB/DL that I knew of. If it were more common, I think there would be a much larger online community. Its not a bad thing...we're just unique and rare!

Skwuzzy said:
I really don't think its that common. I would guess its only a fraction of 1%. Of course, my guess is based on nothing other than the fact that I've never seen or met another AB/DL that I knew of. If it were more common, I think there would be a much larger online community. Its not a bad thing...we're just unique and rare!

That you know of... That is the point. Do you know someone is into spankings by looking at them? How about if they have a foot fetish? What about if a man likes to wear woman's panties? But there are millions of people that are into all of those things, and a lot more. You just don't know it. I promise you, you've meet other ABDLs. You didn't know they were into our fun stuff, just the same as they didn't know you were.

Anything less than 1% would actually surprise me. But how about we consider it being just .5% Even at that low a number, in a medium size city there would be 5,000 abdls.

One in a thousand was the fairly common estimate for some time. Casey at ABU thinks it is higher and he's in a better position to know than most of us. I have no problem believing that 1-4% might be using diapers or even be potentially interested in ABU's products since they're good. I still have a hard time buying the notion that there's that many of us. I'd believe 0.5% without much trouble. Maybe 1% if you include all those who have the inclination and don't pursue it with the same kind of vigor we do here. I'd be very interested to see if it were higher but it seems unlikely.

I work off the 1% solution. My guess is very conservative, I'd ponder. My logic is this. We were all diaper wearers at our early stages in life. Some of us got stuck. Men, women, fairly equally, I'd guess, though men seem to be more fairly represented online.

To fathom that only 1 out of 100 had some good feelings associated with wetting or soiling diapers, years of potty training, (over?) protective parenting, and also maybe some had bad feelings (shame, humiliation, etc) from bed/pants wettings, I'd have to guess the number is way higher than 1%. But, if it were only one percent, keeping in mind 100% of us wore diapers, and had the possibility of having had some associations drawn up by the infant & toddler brain, then, in the USA there would be on the order of 3,500,000 people that could conceivably be inclined towards the love of diapers, or things babyish. Considering that our community is made up of computer savvy types, that tend towards technology, it isn't too much of a surprise that we seem so few and far in between. As others have said, who knows a panty fetishist, a foot fetishist, and chains & whips type, a cuckold relationship, etc. etc.? I don't know anyone into any of this stuff, and I've been around on the planet for almost 63 years. Knowing another diaper lover, or adult baby runs the same way. I don't know anyone, other than online friends.

Point is, we do exist. You see all the references in the media, in our songs, online, etc. The numbers may not be 1%, but I'd be surprised if it's lower. I actually think it's higher, but I'm happy erring on the conservative side of things. Either way, it doesn't really matter, unless a person needs to feel that everyone around them is ok with diapers (they're not), and that they'd just accept finding you (the figurative) also like them. Not likely. Be satisfied with your own choices. Don't get hung up on the numbers. We have a place to hang together, and that, in itself, should be enough. It is for me...

Hard to say. I know of 3 ABDLs (myself included) in the town I live in with a population of 100,000. There could very well be more that I simply don't know about. So for a while, I used that and came to the conclusion using the idea that if 3 in 100,000 people are ABDLs in a world of 7 billion people, then there are approximately 210,000 ABDLs, though that was just a rough guesstimate using only what I know about where I live. I've heard Casey's number and if it's really 1% (Sorry, I just can't buy 4%), then we're much bigger than I initially thought. Hard for me to really say.

I believe part of the problem in putting a number out there is due to the label ABDL

You have to split it to ABs and DLs and what a DL is.

There are many ICs that like diapers over any other type protection. but do not class themselves as DLs and never as ABs.

I know a few ICs that use ABDL diapers because they are so good over the cheap junk sold for the most of the IC market.

It's really hard to count this because it varies by how you count. Various studies have found that the total rate of bedwetting is between 0.5% and 5% of the population, leaning more towards the 1% rate. (Wikipedia article with source links). If we extrapolate that worldwide at about 1%, that's about 50 million adults who experience urinary incontinence of varying degrees.

Narrowing the number down then gets pretty hard and depends on what you count. What percentage of that group of 50 million uses diapers? Half? 10% We don't really know, though we can extrapolate that it's not an incredibly tiny percentage because adult diapers are sold in every supermarket and pharmacy in most places. They wouldn't be stocked if there wasn't demand for them pretty much everywhere. So, we'll say 50% just as an arbitrary number and say there are about 25 million adults in diapers floating around the world.

Now, how do you count ABDL from there? What percentage of people find the sensation of wearing and using their diapers pleasant? I dunno, it could be a lot once people are over the social taboo, I feel like a warm diaper is objectively a pretty nice feeling if you're not grossed out about it. Then again, maybe a lot of people feel guilt, shame, and disgust over their need for diapers and the percentage who enjoy them is much lower, though I really hope that's not the case, as it would be really sad. But again, we can just make some arbitrary cut for the sake of estimation and drop ourselves to 10 million out of the 25, for no reason other than I think 10 million is a nice round number.

So, what percentage of the 10 million we've estimated enjoy themselves would identify as ABDL and actively seek out wearing diapers even if there's no need? Another half? Smaller? Only 1%? At this point it doesn't really matter because we're starting to get into the ballpark figure. You might imagine the total worldwide ABDL population here as being somewhere around 1 million, with variance down to just a couple hundred thousand on the low end and up to a few million on the high end. This isn't anything like accurate science, we're just spitballing numbers, but it's a reasonable overall estimate.

It's also both scary and reassuring. 1 million people isn't very many, scattered worldwide. But, it's also more than enough that one would never run out of opportunities to meet new people within the community.

From all the data I can gather, I still believe that approximately 1 in 100 people are on some level of a Kinsey style Diaper Scale, one way or another. Still, every day, I get people that are completely new to being ABDL, and they are discovering this deep "thing" they had inside them that they never knew or understood. In a one year span, we had 1,000,000 unique visitors to our website that our system identified as "English reading". Since I don't believe ABU has hit critical mass yet, I think that the number of ABDLs in the world is still completely unknown.

So it's all just a guess, I guess.

-Casey.

The problem I have digesting the 1% number is that in my county of 40,000 people there would have to be around 400 people into some form of the ABDL persuasion. I just don't see it. I'd lean more towards the .1% meaning there would be 40 people in my county which is a much more believable number for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Casey has a very interesting stat there. If a million people have visited his site, that must mean that at least a million people globally have at least a passing interest in the fetish? I suppose the question would be how many of those are abdl or just curious. How many customers to you have Casey (if you don't mind me asking)? For me this would give an indication of very active people. I myself haven't bought from ab universe yet (although I plan on buying the pre-school diapers as soon as I'm back in England as they look awesome), but I guess this would give an indication of those of us who are so into it, that we want the best quality AB products?

- - - Updated - - -

As a side note I'm AB and my wife is DL, so there are enough of us that we can find the loves of our lives within the community!

AAO said:
The problem I have digesting the 1% number is that in my county of 40,000 people there would have to be around 400 people into some form of the ABDL persuasion. I just don't see it. I'd lean more towards the .1% meaning there would be 40 people in my county which is a much more believable number for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a country where mobility is fairly open, I don't think we can assume a random distribution. Seattle in particular is a popular destination for babyfurs and ABDLs. I'm a native but lots of people have relocated and the presence of other ABDLs has factored into the decision for a lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back