40 74.07%
  • Blue

7 12.96%
  • Other

7 12.96%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Question of Curiousity

Default Question of Curiousity

What color do you think blood is in your body? Some may find this a stupid question, but answers do vary. I find it odd that people actually thing that it's blue inside of you, so which do you think it is, honestly?

No, Blood is not blue people read a science book.

The only difference in colour is light red and dark red.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    What color do you think blood is in your body? Some may find this a stupid question, but answers do vary. I find it odd that people actually thing that it's blue inside of you, so which do you think it is, honestly?
    It depends on where it is.

Un-oxygenated blood is indeed very dark. I know this because I had a fountain of it coming out of my knee at one point (when I accidentally stabbed myself in the knee with a newly-sharpened pencil).

BLOOD IS NEVER BLUE. IT'S ALWAYS RED. Sometimes it may be a very dark red, but it is NEVER BLUE.

Straight from the mouth of my 4th grade science teacher.

See what I mean? People are so divided on this question. Those who say blue, always say "uhm, your veins are blue, duh" (not to pick at you Abby, you just happened to say that before I typed this). The blue believers also say unoxygenated blood is blue, but how do you find that out? You'd have to cut yourself in a vacuum, and blood carries oxygen, so how can it be unoxygenated?

Am sick of this myth too.

WikiAnswers - Is blood blue or red

Thread done

When a person donates blood, it comes from a vein, not an artery. It is also not exposed to air, or it would be contaminated and need to be disposed of. It also happens to be dark red, NOT blue.
    The common misconception of "blue" blood is continued due to textbook illustrators use of blue and red to differentiate arteries and veins.