Almost wet myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes pain/burning urgency and frequency can be symptoms that present but NOT in all cases, there are people everyday with silent infections, and I am not saying it has to even be in an infection but having it ruled out is a great place to start , most people think incontinence is a disease itself which is false , it generally is a sign of greater dysfunction (disease/illness) in the body, let your doctor know if the earliest he can see you is the 18th you can find someone else , Doctors specifically schedule times every day to fit an urgent appointment by a patient plus not every patient comes to there appointment , as a matter of fact most doctors schedule three patients for the same 15 minute period hoping that one shows up, missing appointments or canceling appointments at the last minute is epidemic , so much so that some practices schedule 5 patients for the same 15 minute period , the squeaky wheel gets the grease, it's time to squeak, and to be honest with you it would not even take an appointment , to rule out infection it takes less than five minutes , they either do a quick test or throw it under the microscope and look at it ( if it is an infection they may have to culture it in the lab to find the specific organism and what it it is susceptible to , but in the case of infrequent infections hitting it with a broad spectrum antibiotic will get the job done ) Incontinent episodes are not normal or customary and have a cause that needs to be identified lack of action can result in permanent incontinence and sometimes death , neither of these are very preffered outcomes by most people, a normal 24 year old who starts having Incontinent episodes would be "freaking out" and it would be panic at the Disco to get an answer why, how, when will it stop, you seem so apathetic to your health it is making wonder " how much you love diapers" that you don't wear often , are you one of those people who can only get "acceptance & understanding " by friends and family of diapers unless you are full Incontinent period, full stop, and then you think it would be OK to be a DL , maybe this is the answer to your prayers so you think or maybe your just yanking our chain ? An otherwise healthy 24 year old would want answers ASAP, and trust me as a Paramedic and Nurse I know how people panic and call a Paramedic ambulance for things you don't even need a Doctor for , that's why they have minute clinics or Doc in box clinics , and the funny thing is the created them to lighten the load on E.D's and encouraged people to use them and the message got so screwed up that Doc in a box is calling the ambulance because people that should go directly to the hospital by ambulance arent because doc in a box is cheaper and you don't have to wait as long because in E.D's patients are triaged to the urgency that is needed and the paper cuts and I stapled my paperwork to my finger folks can sit for hours even days to be told "here is a bandaid get some neosporin" or "have you had a tetnus shot lately" at a cost of like $3,000 dollars to them or their insurance.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

In the UK you can ring a non-emergency number and describe your symptoms and they can see you within 24 hours even on a Sunday or even send you to urgent care. Is there nothing similar in the US?

Failing that could you ring your Doctor's surgery and describe the symptoms and why they worry you and get an urgent appointment?

My impression is that doctors take IC symptoms very seriously.

Tetra said:
Yes pain/burning urgency and frequency can be symptoms that present but NOT in all cases, there are people everyday with silent infections, and I am not saying it has to even be in an infection but having it ruled out is a great place to start

If this was the case, there would be a progression of symptoms, no? What would come next? Fever, nausea, something like that? At that point, would there likely be any permanent bladder damage?

Tetra said:
a normal 24 year old who starts having Incontinent episodes would be "freaking out" and it would be panic at the Disco to get an answer why, how, when will it stop, you seem so apathetic to your health

Well, he's here on ADISC, so isn't your average grad student. Idaho seems like a reasonable guy to me. I don't want to put words in his mouth, but lots of people with stretched resources try to "manage" health conditions, for better or for worse. I've done it before.

Pinguinito said:
In the UK you can ring a non-emergency number and describe your symptoms and they can see you within 24 hours even on a Sunday or even send you to urgent care. Is there nothing similar in the US?

We don't have a "national" system, so services like these are typically dependent on the individual's insurance company. Medical advice via phone (or maybe even Internet?) is increasingly common, but then there's no link between the medical advice people and the local doctor. But doctors should all have provisions for emergencies.

Depents4me, you actually just pulled that right out of my head with the stretched resources. Yea I could go in as an urgent appt or I could wait and see and then bring it up during the physical exam and then the appt would be marked as an annual instead of urgent and charge me more.

Tetra, thanks for all the input but I'm not that type of person that flips out over things. My parents raised me up to not to come cry for something small, this right now seems like a small issue that may go away. When I start wetting during the day then I will consult my doctor.

Tetra, I read your pm to me and I want to say thanks and I really appreciate that help that you are giving me. Last night I wet the bed again and after reading your email I am going to try to get an email out to my doctor about what has been going on.

Hey not a problem, thanks for not being upset over the fact that my bad experience tends to "color" my vision and it ain't rose colored, it has caused me to always look beyond the obvious, some times too far . But its always so nice when you find out that it was something "run of the mill", keep us posted

Ps. Congratulations most of my Doctors don't have email yet.

Well the doctor had the receptionist call and they having me come in on Monday to visit and give a sample. Tomorrow I'm going to start wearing a diaper just for security because today I slightly let go and it just gave a little wet spot.

Keep us posted. I hope it is nothing serious.

Well I had the appt today and my doctor said that they couldn't find anything wrong everything is perfect, except wetting myself. They wanted to do blood work and I told my doctor let's wait until my physical in 2 weeks to see if improves, she agreed, since I was doing blood work for my physical. I asked my doctor is this could be just related to stress from everything, doctor said I could but there would be other signs. So I'm hoping that it is stress and that my week off, next week will help.

A week off is a good thing , a better thing is 2, I hope it is stress thats a modifiable thing, I am glad to hear that it's not an Infection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back