Thread: Adult Cloth Diapers?

Default Adult Cloth Diapers?

Has anyone found cloth diapers that fit adults? Disposables are great, but unfortunately they create a lost of waste Plus they're pretty expensive.
    For reference I'm 5'8", 135lbs and wear a size 30 men's pants.

There are several sources for adult cloth diapers, available as flat or pre-fold. I have found that baby flat diapers can fit me (38" waist), I lay 2 down flat then take 2 move and fold in thirds lengthwise and place in the middle and then lay 2 more flat on top. It is like a pre-fold but separates to single layers to wash and dry. You can adjust the number used to get a thickness that you like.

Cloth requires double the amount of water vs disposable; where I live (seemingly in perma-drought) that would heavily influence my decision. https://alumni.stanford.edu/get/page...ticle_id=56347

Cottontail wrote up a wonderful response to a similar inquiry earlier this week that you might give a quick look-see!

Quote Originally Posted by joeytoddler View Post
    Has anyone found cloth diapers that fit adults? Disposables are great, but unfortunately they create a lost of waste Plus they're pretty expensive.
    For reference I'm 5'8", 135lbs and wear a size 30 men's pants.
    Nope. No such thing. Definitely don't visit any of the following sites:

Neither should you plug "adult cloth diapers" into Google, Bing, Yahoo!, or your favorite search engine's search box, as you're certain to immediately find the sites listed above--which again, you definitely shouldn't visit.

I just bought some big plain white terry-cloth towels from IKEA and they are doing a great job (terry cloth diapers are a tradition in Europe). Just fasten them with some diaper pins and put plastic pants over it!