Not open for further replies.

joeytoddler

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Have any of you tried sitting in a car seat? It's a lifelong goal of mine and hopefully I'll be able to get one some day.
If anyone is interested in seats these are some of the tallest:
Britax Frontier 90: 20.5" top harness slots, 23" at booster
Britax Frontier 85: 20" top harness slots, 24.5" at booster
Britax Husky/Regent: 20" top harness slots
Plus with the Frontier 85 you need to remove a screw to get the headrest to go into the highest setting which is *technically* only for booster use, but it moves the harness up higher too!
The Regent/Husky is the widest. Unfortunately the Regent/Husky and Frontier 85 aren't manufactured anymore :(

Welcome joeytroddler,

your research sounds interesting

I gotta say well done on the research. I've always been curious about carseats for ABDLs and which are the best. Do you think it's possible to take one of those carseats and turn it into an infant seat? I've always wondered what car and seat would you need for such a backward's facing seat to be installed.

GrimReaperJak said:
I gotta say well done on the research. I've always been curious about carseats for ABDLs and which are the best. Do you think it's possible to take one of those carseats and turn it into an infant seat? I've always wondered what car and seat would you need for such a backward's facing seat to be installed.

Okay so to install a car seat rear facing (in a proper manner) it would need to have a rear facing belt path. Unfortunately none of these seats have one because they are all meant to forward face only :( I'm sure you could MacGyver one of these seats to face that way, I'm just not sure how secure it would be.
Convertible car seats can face rear and forward. None technically rear face past 50lbs and would probably be uncomfortable depending on your size, but these are some of the tallest I've found.
Shell height refers to the height of the back of the seat (or how much room you have from bum to the top of your head)
Safety 1st Advance EX Air+ has a 28" shell.
Graco MySize/Head Wise/Fit4Me/Size4Me/Contender has a 28" shell.
Safety 1st Elite Air has a 28.5" shell. (This one has been discontinued and the Elite Air 100 has been released)
Safety 1st Complete Air has a 27" shell.
Britax Advocate/Boulevard has a 29" shell.
Graco Extend2Fit has a 27" shell.
Graco Milestone has a 28" shell.
Graco 4Ever has a 28" shell.
Unfortunately there aren't any car seats built for us bigger babies/toddlers. Hopefully this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back