Thread: How to make your own CUSTOM paci

Default How to make your own CUSTOM paci

Nice and affordable adult sized pacifiers are sometimes hard to come by. If you're willing to drop a good amount of money on a pre-made paci by all means go for it but this guide will show you how to customize your own adult sized paci into any design you want at a fraction of the cost.
    Difficulty: relatively easy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N7B6aO8.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	27413

Things you'll need:
    • MAM pacifier of your chosen design; size does not matter, brand does.
    • Adult sized pacifier you wish to remove the nipple from
    • Prying tool / knife / anything to help you cut through and pry apart plastic

You need to have an adult pacifer handy or a nipple of your preferred size.

I have this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/LittleForBig-...adult+pacifier

You can also buy the nipple alone from here:

http://rearz.ca/product_info.php?cPa...oducts_id=1255

Name:	mWhctOk.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	27414 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c6PUuM6.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	27415

1.) You're going to be removing the button part of your MAM pacifier. Pull on it as hard as you can with your hands as the tool may damage it. As tempting as it may be, DO NOT USE YOUR TEETH. You could seriously injure yourself or break your teeth like this.

Name:	GyKmcBB.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	27416

This is what you're trying to do.

Name:	kf1dViQ.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	27417

2.) Firmly tug on the baby sized nipple until it pops out. You'll be left with 3 pieces: baby sized nipple, shield, and button. Throw away the baby sized nipple or keep it for future projects, whatever you want.

Name:	tkwRo2M.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	27418 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qdJEEfc.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	27419

3.) You're going to be destroying the face plate on your existing adult pacifier. Be careful not to puncture or cut the nipple. If you have an adult nipple without the face plate, then you can skip this step.

Name:	OqR1OXq.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	27420

This is all you want. Throw away the old face plate if you wish, you won't be using it.

Name:	GyKmcBB.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	27416

4.) All you're doing here is pushing the adult sized nipple through the MAM shield.

5.) Snap the button back in place (This might take a little force to get it to click in there)

Name:	ErXCBpR.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	27421 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4astRNf.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	27422 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ebdRTXG.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	27423

And you are done! You now have your own super cute custom paci for yourself or as a gift. If you guys do this tutorial please post your results! I would absolutely love to see them.
    Have fun!
    Last edited by Sheepies; 23-Sep-2016 at 18:48.

I've been trying to get the button off my paci but I don't seem to be strong enough. Have any other ways to get it off without damaging or cutting the nipple?
    Last edited by Zillabrony13; 29-Sep-2016 at 15:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Zillabrony13 View Post
    I've been trying to get the button off my paci but I don't seem to be strong enough. Have any other ways to get it off without damaging or cutting the nipple?
    Try to push the shield back a little bit and pull the button at an angle.

i am definitely going to be trying this, there are so many cute paci's out there that are only for babies.

I agree, why do babies get the cute ones!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBelle View Post
    Not strong enough to pull the button off and it hurts my hands
    Try using a prying tool, just watch your hands!
    It's really hard to budge but don't worry MAM buttons aren't glued on and will pop off with enough prying.

UPDATE: According to this thread: https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthre...erfly-Pacifier

The butterfly models are apparently held on by glue and are harder to pry apart. Just a heads up!
    The standard 6+ month ones like the MAM Crystal I have above does not have glue though

Also, thanks to sproutling for the idea, you can cut the MAM nipple and push a screwdriver in to pop off the button. Just be very careful.

this is such a useful little guide omg! i'm gonna ask my partner if they can maybe help me do this hehe. thank you for sharing!

Thank you back for commenting scummybaby ^^

UPDATE: Was messing around with the shields and buttons of other MAMs and mixing and matching is possible!

Name:	wd3418r.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	27517
    This is a 6+ shield (MAM Night) with a 16+ button (MAM Animal)
    Butterfly shield swaps remain untested, but with sproutling's experience, the button fits on these oval shield MAMs
    (Thanks sproutling!)

Yes! The button from butterfly style mams for the oval ones just the same. And since I used that same adult teat I had to modify the sides by cutting divets, cutting a chunk out the top so the clips could actually clip back on since the silicone got in the way of the clips. But make sure you have everything in order before you push the button in, because honestly youd have to destroy the shield and nipple to get that button back. I literally have to step on the pacifier to pop the button in. I hope there's a better way to get those pacifiers apart but I hope I can figure it out soon.