Cloth diapers for nighttime while travelling . . . Is it Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scaifester

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I still use disposables during the day but I have started using cloth diapers at night. They are great and the security to sleep in any position is better than any disposable (at least in my mind).
I have some business travel coming up and I want to still use cloth diapers at night. The hotel doesn't have any washing capabilities. A coin laundromat is a taxi/uber away.
My plan is to rinse and wash out in the bathtub everyday and take the load to a laundromat every several of days
Other clever ideas??
thanks

scaifester said:
I still use disposables during the day but I have started using cloth diapers at night. They are great and the security to sleep in any position is better than any disposable (at least in my mind).
I have some business travel coming up and I want to still use cloth diapers at night. The hotel doesn't have any washing capabilities. A coin laundromat is a taxi/uber away.
My plan is to rinse and wash out in the bathtub everyday and take the load to a laundromat every several of days
Other clever ideas??
thanks

You could wear a thinner disposable diaper and then wear a cloth diaper over that. If the disposable leaks, it will leak into the cloth diaper and then you would have to wash it out, but if it doesn't leak, you wouldn't have to rinse out the cloth. I wear a Goodnite under my cloth diaper at night, but that's mostly for smell control so it isn't offensive to my wife as I always sleep diapered.

I do rinse my cloth diapers out in the shower and when I'm not running air conditioning or heat, they hang dry out in two days. In the height of summer or winter, they'll try in a 24 hour period. I hope that helps.

scaifester said:
Other clever ideas??

dogboy said:
You could wear a thinner disposable diaper and then wear a cloth diaper over that. If the disposable leaks, it will leak into the cloth diaper and then you would have to wash it out, but if it doesn't leak, you wouldn't have to rinse out the cloth.

Yeah, I'm with dogboy. I certainly wouldn't want to be dragging a load of damp/wet cloth diapers across town in a cab--on a business trip! Know, too, that not all coin-op laundries permit the washing of cloth diapers. There's a good chance that none of the observers would recognize an adult-sized cloth diaper (depending on type), but still. Rules.

I wear cloth diapers for my bedwetting, but I've personally never found them to be worth it.

I would just switch to a thick brand of disposables. ABU Simple have always been fine for me as far as bedwetting on the go goes.

scaifester said:

Disposable diapders were made for travel. Literally... road trips are what they were first marketed for, so mothers could change their kids' diapers easily away from home easily. Before that, parents of kids in diapers didn't travel as much because of the added hassle of cloth diapers. I wouldn't suggest cloth for on-the-road.

Guess I’m the only one. When traveling I pack plastic pants using one or more of the motel’s towels as my diaper at night. Keeping it to myself, in the morning I rinse, ring-out and hang the towel for the cleaning crew. Done this over and over without incident.

WBxx said:
Guess I’m the only one. When traveling I pack plastic pants using one or more of the motel’s towels as my diaper at night. Keeping it to myself, in the morning I rinse, ring-out and hang the towel for the cleaning crew. Done this over and over without incident.

You do know that even though they are cleaned... those towel you are putting on your crotch have touched alot of hands and cleaned up alot of things :eek!: I mean its bad enough sleeping in hotel beds, most people would not be able to sleep in hotels if they saw some of those fox videos, but at least most people have underwear on between them and the towels and aren't exposing their genitals to those fibers for long term or in the process of excretion

If you're down for the extra work, go for it. Might want to figure a way to store used ones they may think a tired up bag is trash.

I have worn cloth on long trips , however I had a rubber "wet bag" made that seals at the top, it can hold five used super heavy weight night diapers maximum and completely contain all odor and wetness, and I can hang it on my chair ! It's doable but be forwarned it's alot of work to care for them properly on the road.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back