1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
In the right situation, it could be very comforting that I:
-will always be in diapers
-will always need bathed and dressed
-will always need hand fed
-quickly moving to full time wheelchair usage

But without appropriate care it's a pain in the ass

how long have you been in residence where you are?

I live in a house with family not far away, and I have agency staffing. Short staffed often, family struggling to fill in the gaps. Needs are getting to be 24/7

CPDude said:
I live in a house with family not far away, and I have agency staffing. Short staffed often, family struggling to fill in the gaps. Needs are getting to be 24/7

Since your needs are expanding, what are your future plans?

Hi CPDude

Just a quick question from someone on the other end as it where. I work with some carers that really are...... I need to say require further traning. Which is care language for they're pretty useless. Fortunately I won't get a stronger team, where we can support week member of staff to improve. But there are time when you just won't to get read. But cart.

What do you do as someone that receive care do when the support you are receiving is not to an acceptable standard. And the career requires further training.

Thanks

Sisi

I see myself moving into a 24/7 care environment. I don't see any real choice. The only question is when, where and what will the care look like.

I have had many caregivers over the years. They are underpaid, over worked , and as my care needs increase, I increasingly need a team approach.

A good caregiver will last 2 years. More then that is frankly unheard of. They simply burn out.

New hires are rare. It takes too long for them to be cleared to work alone. The program I am in is 1-1 care always. Understaffing is rampant.

Meanwhile, I get older and I feel myself having more and more difficulty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back