Not open for further replies.

BabyWaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I want to buy a diaper bag for my own diaper bag. I checked my walmart and found nothing... Any store or website ideas for me?

Any large purse or handbag will do! I keep my diapers, wipes, powder and lotion in my bag with all of my other stuff

only thing is that it's a disaster if the lotion comes open inside your bag and all over your keys and makeup :sadno:

Why not buy a book bag? :p

keepitontheDL said:
Why not buy a book bag? :p

This was my idea too. Get one you can draw on or just a very colorful one.

Hi

I use a backsack. If it not coulerfull for you some fabric paint and badgers takes care of that.

Have fun.

Sisi

http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/narumiya/cabinet/item-20150410/175351454_040.jpg

Kinda bummed I cant find the exact bag I wanted to link, but mommy baught me a kids backpack that has the outline of dinosaur shapes on it you can color in yourself, its small and fits powder and wipes and a couple nappies and maybe a bottle and a couple other things.

Kids backpacks make great nappy bags, more discreet then a out and out nappy bag.

update! found the right one. for those who are curious: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91xVhy4Q17L._SY679_.jpg

Last edited:
I've bought two Vera Bradley diaper bags (two different sizes) for my nanny; we used the large one for a weekend trip just this past weekend. They're expensive, and they're obviously diaper bags, but women seem to love the prints and they're very functional. The changing pad is big enough that I can actually use it.

The Walmart-type diaper bags are, in my opinion, not really worth the money. We've had several - Graco, Carter's, etc. - and they wear out quickly, don't hold much and aren't well-designed. Their only redeeming quality is that they are cheap. If you step up to a brand like Skip Hop, you get a lot closer to something that will function well for an adult.

There was a really big fad when I was in High School to use Messenger Bags instead of more traditional book bags. This was super convenient for me because they make fantastic Diaperbags, imo. And I still use one for this purpose.

If you're having trouble finding something that you like the look of, you could always just buy a suitable nondescript bag in a colour you like (something like a book bag) and decorate it with patches, batches, safety pins, etc to give it a childish feel. You could even sew a patterned fabric onto the front or with a good enough sewing machine I believe you can sew pictures into fabric, like cartoon characters.

If you're looking for something discrete then finding a good bag shouldn't be too hard. Hell, you could even just use a current bag or an old school bag.

Diaper bags are expensive so I go to Once Upon a Child. They have nice ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BabyWaby said:
I want to buy a diaper bag for my own diaper bag. I checked my walmart and found nothing... Any store or website ideas for me?
Sorry, I can't help you unless you want to get in the way-back machine and go back 30 years. Now-a-days (that's old fart talk), you can walk down the street carrying a diaper bag and people will think that you're on your way to some big corporate meeting. I guess it's not corporate to look like you might have a baby. I had a pink and white striped vinyl diaper bag with a zipper closure, changing pad, two big pockets on each side for all the pacis you'll ever need, two "bottle' pockets on the ends and a shoulder strap. No mistaking that for anything else but a diaper bag. Unfortunately, it got thrown out in a purge.

Hi - I wear diapers and plastic pants 24/7, so to be discrete when I am out, my diaper bag is a back pack style I bought at Babies Are Us. It is a full sized all black diaper bag. I was quite surprised when I saw it. I don't go any where without it.

Messenger bag or other bag from timbuk2.com.

MaurepasGnD said:
There was a really big fad when I was in High School to use Messenger Bags instead of more traditional book bags. This was super convenient for me because they make fantastic Diaperbags, imo. And I still use one for this purpose.

LOL right ... sort of the same thing but in college. Messenger bags really do make good diaper bags. I mean they are fairly similar to begin with.

This is my diaper bag image.jpgimage.jpg just a simple back pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back