Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California is fighting greenhouse gases!

Default California is fighting greenhouse gases!

No surprise, right? This article highlights how Jerry Brown just signed legislation to help control methane emissions and soot production. Two main places they look to reduce methane output is dairy farms and garbage collections, it is tied to $90 million in funding for those.

Of course, there's more...

The law also allows the Air Resources Board to regulate cow flatulence if there’s viable technology to reduce it.
    Gotta control them cow farts...

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogRTO View Post
    No surprise, right? This article highlights how Jerry Brown just signed legislation to help control methane emissions and soot production. Two main places they look to reduce methane output is dairy farms and garbage collections, it is tied to $90 million in funding for those.

"The lunatic is on the grass
    The lunatic is on the grass
    Remembering games and dasy chains and laughs
    Got to keep the loonies on the path"

Two questions;
    1/ Do you also believe that if the bovine's smoked the grass as opposed to eating it, this would ....yo know fix da problemo, man?
    2/ Any idea how this new legislation might affect our glorious and illustrious metalic leader?

I don't know, man, that's far out. I'd image should the Donald become President, he would be well advised to reconsider where exactly he should build those fecin exclusion walls. Yeah, helpful or what?

Maybe it is a democratic problem, I recall when Bill went for the White House the first time round, he candidly admitted to smoking pot, but vehemently denied inhaling it. Now it appears your Governor seems to believe he can affect global warming rate by sending hit squads round the State shoving corks up the rear end of innocent animals. I personally suspect he could tackle the CO2 issue more directly by forgoing his own whacky-backey habit.

Well I heard in Some places they have them housed inside to collect methane gas. So they can use that for other things.

Methane is worse than carbon dioxide...... is $90 million enough to pay some Mexicans to stand behind every cow with a lighter?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Methane is worse than carbon dioxide...... is $90 million enough to pay some Mexicans to stand behind every cow with a lighter?
    No, I think the $90 million is to pay for them to redesign the cows every year to achieve a reduction in flatulence...

New for 2017! The redesigned Toyota Holstein! Increased milk production using a variety of fuels, and meets California's tough new flatulence standards!

Just watch buying the Volkswagen heifers, apparently they put out more flatulence during normal operation, but have a design feature that reduces it during testing.
    Last edited by AnalogRTO; 20-Sep-2016 at 15:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Once Trump takes office, there won't be any Mexicans left.

Quote Originally Posted by sbmccue View Post
    We'll have to get immature teenage boys then. They're all about igniting flatulence. The Bear Flag Republic might not even have to pay them to do it.

thats AWESOME! im a big believer in green technology and alternate energy.

Quote Originally Posted by sbmccue View Post
    i do not support trump, but i dont believe he wants EVERY Mexican out of this country.
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 27-Sep-2016 at 01:10. Reason: merging posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huggie View Post
    i do not support trump, but i dont believe he wants EVERY Mexican out of this country.
    Of course not.... only those here illegally