how the hell do bees keep getting into my room

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
I thought bees were getting in from my roof but there not, i woke up with a bee flying about my computer screen.

I'm wondering, how the hell does it keep getting in, is it possible its getting in though a gap in the door?

They always sound like there hitting into something before they appear in my room.

Dunno how the fudge 5-6 bees get in every now and again, there isn't a hive i don't think and always seem to be flying around my door.

Last edited:
Hi

There was a thread about this last year about this time.

They are possibly in the wall.

egor said:
Hi

There was a thread about this last year about this time.

They are possibly in the wall.

Yeah I made it, i doubt there in the wall, walls are quite thin and I would hear buzzing in that was the case, I think I killed a queen bee, so maybe it could be, are queens very big bees, I don't like the idea of killing bees, but... there is a 50/50 chance of them killing me as I don't know if I'm allergic or not.

Huntsman spiders make it though the door, so I'm thinking the bees are getting though the thing gap in my door, as there is a small gap enough to see light, is it possible for pees to fit though small gaps? I think, but can't make out for certain there flying into the top of my door.

They occasionally fly right above my door, so maybe there getting in that way, there is a hive near by, but not in my room at all, it's usually only 1-2 bees every couple months, but I've had occasionally 5-10 come in, due to them being outside flying above my room, but as I said, no hive in my room. or outside, but they have been tunneling in the actual house.

Last edited:
I am sorry I forgot we are talking about opposite ends of the planet.

This time of year the hornets are looking for a place to winter over. You guys are probably in the phase of them looking for a nesting spot.

When I lived in Northern Arizona in the spring the beetles and cut worms came through every and any cracks they could.

egor said:
I am sorry I forgot we are talking about opposite ends of the planet.

This time of year the hornets are looking for a place to winter over. You guys are probably in the phase of them looking for a nesting spot.

When I lived in Northern Arizona in the spring the beetles and cut worms came through every and any cracks they could.

Would a cheap bug zapper work on bees that manage to get in, the little shits fly directly at my computer monitor, or fly above the fly spray, there not hornets, but bumble bees. I should add there are some yellow flowers sprouting, and are near my room and house, they seem to hang around those yellow flowers. I would always wake up, or later on during the day, I hear bzzz like its flying into something, I don't see any indication of a bee, than before you know it, it's at my screen, sounds like its coming outside. only thing I can think of is the door.

It can't be the roof as I taped it off, thought it was, but it's not.

That would explain everything, they must be coming though the door. :p

PaddedPuppy said:
Look for small gaps above/below/around windows, doors, walls, flooring, light fittings etc. No matter how small the gap is. You'd be surprised just how small of a hole they somehow manage to get through. Each time you hear the sound like its hitting something, focus on a different corner of your room and keep a close eye out for it appearing. You will eventually find where its coming in from, and when you do you can either try to close it up (though you may be trapping more inside there) or use some sort of poison or scent that they hate to prevent them from coming through, or killing them if they do.

Remove the flowers that may attract them inside or near your room, and look for anything nearby that is sweet or sticky that may be bringing them nearby.

If you are talking about them blue light bug zappers, they may work, but the likes of bees aren't as easily attracted to them as other insect are. I know its more effort, but if you can get a hold of one of them electric fly swatters that would be best. Just push the button and wave it in the air around the area its in and you'll zap it. Either a quick tap of the button to stun it for a minute or to to get it outside, or press and hold if you want to kill it and have the (not so) pleasant smell of burnt insect. I've attached a photo of what sort of thing you're looking for. I managed to buy one here in the UK for £1. While things are usually more expensive over there, it shouldn't be much more

81EgxUFW2LL._SL1500_.jpg

Executioner pro, those cheapy electric rackets won't kill more than fruit flies.

You shouldn't kill bees. You should stop inviting them in if you don't want them in.
Normally, they don't want to be indoors and will have mistaken your dwelling for a cave or suchlike, or been tempted in by your offerings. To get them out you need only ask them to leave and give them a way out. Windows and magic windows (TV's) will only confuse them; close the blinds/curtains and turn off electronic screens, open the outer door or window, ask them to leave and they shall.

Not saying that they understand words, but they do understand sentiment, as may be expressed by your hormones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back