Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
When people are angry and start throwing things around, hitting stuff and shouting, it really scares me more than most people, I want to cry .

Why can't people stop!? I do it myself but when my brother started muttering swear words and hitting his gaming system, I get scared and I want him out of here! This is getting beyond ridiculous!

Angelic said:
When people are angry and start throwing things around, hitting stuff and shouting, it really scares me more than most people, I want to cry .

Why can't people stop!? I do it myself but when my brother started muttering swear words and hitting his gaming system, I get scared and I want him out of here! This is getting beyond ridiculous!

Untitled.png

This, to me, sounds like normal venting. I don't see any violence there so you shouldn't be afraid. He's just creating chaos and it's the chaos that scares you. Everybody is scared by chaos.

So, as long as he doesn't hurt anyone or break other peoples stuff, let him vent. And you don't need to watch it, just leave the room.

Most teenagers go thru a phase like this. Those kind of outbursts are usually caused by frustration. Even adults have temper tantrums. You know, the golfer who throws his golf clubs into the water hazard. When I was a teen, I punched a hole in the wall. I learned my lesson because it hurt me more than it hurt the wall.

Why can't people stop!? They can't stop because they have no 'anger management' skills. In order to manage your anger you first have to be aware that you're angry, recognize that your anger is out of control and then consciously suppress it. It is hard to do because when you're angry, your executive brain functions are not in control (executive functions are that part of your brain that thinks about what you're thinking). My mom always used to say, 'stop and count to 10". That helps you focus on your anger.

If he's doing this regularly, ask him why he's so angry all the time. This will get him thinking.

Last edited:
talk to him when he gets angry sit next to him chat with him

I know, grown ups can be scary some time, and we instantly think that we are going to be hurt or it is our fault.

Even though experience tells you otherwise, you probably just want to grab a stuffy and go some where else.

Just becouse they have lost there happy thought doesn't mean to say you have to lose yours or let them take it away from you. If you tell them that you don't like it and you need them to stop it. Or at least agree on a safe word. So they know then it will get better hopefully.

Hope that helps you

Sisi

I always get scared that it's my fault even though I have done nothing

Angelic said:
I always get scared that it's my fault even though I have done nothing

Yea I know Little one . It all part of how we are.

Selly grown ups. I don't know why they can't just play nicely. I staid of fighting all the time. I gess it's what happen if you run out of fairy dust and you lose your happy thought. They can't fly anymore and that makes them even more sadder.

Well,

I've seen this happen, and done it myself...

It's scary but as suggested, talk with him, and either way you'll feel better!

Angelic said:

It sounds to me as though you are reminded of yourself. When you see someone else act out, you are confronted with it. Yet you don't want to acknowledge that you may have a problem like your brother with expressing frustration and or anger.

You may also be afraid that you will become a target for someone who's seemingly out-of-control with their present emotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back